• I would like to know if japanese piece will be available seperately.

AL

• Customizer

@crusaderiv:

I would like to know if japanese piece will be available seperately.

AL

They usually offer the units for new sets separately about 4-6 weeks after they get them.

• They usually offer the units for new sets separately about 4-6 weeks after they get them.

Ah cool…I’ve a lot of Japanese pieces so I don’t need the complete set.
    I’ve made my own IJN carrier but the FMG carrier are great.
    I think I’ll order carrier and sub.

AL

• OH mispelling….HBG carrier…I mean. :-D

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

when do you think these will ship?

• Customizer

Does anyone know what yellow sculpts we already have match the yellow sculpts in this new Japanese set? In other words is the same yellow as the Classic edition vehicle pieces or more like the yellow of the HBG supplemental Axis/Neutral sculpts?

• Customizer

@toblerone77:

Does anyone know what yellow sculpts we already have match the yellow sculpts in this new Japanese set? In other words is the same yellow as the Classic edition vehicle pieces or more like the yellow of the HBG supplemental Axis/Neutral sculpts?

Take a look at the HBG site under Battle Pieces/Japan/Japanese Supplement set. They have pictures of all four colors. The “yellow/gold” looks like a dark yellow to me, not like the Japanese pieces from Classic and certainly not like the bright yellow Axis minors pieces. They look like they may come close to the Japanese infantry pieces from Classic, that sort of butterscotch look.
    I think with the yellow/gold and rose pieces, you will have to use them as special units that just have certain types of equipment available to them. The burnt orange and red pieces could be considered more regular units that could also be complimented with OOB units.

• Customizer

@knp7765:

@toblerone77:

Take a look at the HBG site under Battle Pieces/Japan/Japanese Supplement set. They have pictures of all four colors. The “yellow/gold” looks like a dark yellow to me, not like the Japanese pieces from Classic and certainly not like the bright yellow Axis minors pieces. They look like they may come close to the Japanese infantry pieces from Classic, that sort of butterscotch look.
    I think with the yellow/gold and rose pieces, you will have to use them as special units that just have certain types of equipment available to them. The burnt orange and red pieces could be considered more regular units that could also be complimented with OOB units.

Sounds about right. I have enough types of yellow units from classic and HBG that I’ll have good use for them. I bought two orange, one red and one yellow of both pre order sets and might buy more later. I’ll decide once I actually get them.

Incidentally I saw they had French and British units in the design phase. Money has been tight as of late so I’ve been buying a lot less. I usually order stuff every month, but damn I don’t think I’ve ordered much of anything since August or maybe early September.

I kind of liked Amerika but I just couldn’t shell out the cash for a pre-order level of funding. I hope they might consider just selling the sculpts I could manage a set or two.

Anyway, the wait sucks but I totally see where Coach and HBG got the short end of the stick with thier Chinese business partners.  Hell at least it didn’t go down like FMG’s luck did.“knock-on-wood” lol!

We all love ya Coach and company!

• Customizer

I know what you mean about ordering. I go a little nuts when the new sets come out. I’ve got the new Japanese sets on order: 10 sets in each color. Now, some of that was funded by my pre-order of the FMG German sets which HBG was nice enough to absorb and make into a store credit. The rest was from selling some stuff on eBay to beef up my Paypal account. I’ve been selling some gaming stuff from old A&A games and some other odds and ends. When I get enough sales, I make another order.

I saw the starts of the British set. Really liking the Churchill Tank and King George V Battleship. It says this set will be offered in 6 or 7 different colors. Let’s see, I think there will be Tan (to match OOB Brits), ANZAC Grey, Celery Green (to match Revised Brits), Blonde (to match D-Day Brits), plus Light Green and White for Neutral countries using British equipment.
    I know I will want a lot of the Tan and maybe ANZAC Grey, but not so sure about the other colors. Not sure if I could afford too many sets even if I wanted them.

I saw 3 different French soldiers on the HBG Facebook page. Not sure if they are meant for WW2 or WW1 sets. I am really wanting French pieces for WW2 (tired of using blue Soviet units).
    As for the WW1 pieces, they would be really cool but I’m just not as into the A&A 1914 as a lot of people seem to be.

I think that Coach just has to make their Chinese business partners appreciate the exactness of the playing pieces demanded by gamers. It’s probably just silly little plastic pieces to them.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Got my “shipped” tracking info today. Glad to know they are on the way.  :-)

• Customizer

@knp, I think the WW1 French set consists of French military designs but for multiple nations for 1914. The WW2 set will be for neutrals but primarily to replace the stupid “Franco-Soviet” OOB pieces. Personally I think the OOB French pieces were an inside or hidden joke as if to say, “Yeah we both know you’re never going to need these. Here’s a CV and some blue Russian junk anyway” LOL!

• Customizer

@knp7765:

I know what you mean about ordering. I go a little nuts when the new sets come out. I’ve got the new Japanese sets on order: 10 sets in each color.

That’s a lot of Japanese firepower!

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Sorry gang, we’ve been away from here for a few days. Let’s see, where to start…

Japanese pre-orders are shipping out now. First batch out today. Coach is QCing the batches and sending some each day with a little bonus in there for your patience. Thank you again everyone!

Most all of the above assumptions regarding French and Brit pieces sound correct. FB pics are for both WWI and WWII pieces. 3D modeler did them all at once so we shared with you!

For the Japanese color questions, the yellow-gold and rose are new colors all around. They are meant to match our older painted pieces. They can easily be used for Thai, veteran, special, other pro-axis neutrals, etc. Personally, I plan to use the orange for standard, red for veteran, yellow-gold for Thai, and rose for… not sure yet.  :mrgreen:

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Variable:

Japanese pre-orders are shipping out now. First batch out today. Coach is QCing the batches and sending some each day with a little bonus in there for your patience. Thank you again everyone!

Bonuses unnecessary… but never turned down. Keeps all future business in your corner for sure though!  :wink:

• Customizer

Variable, I can’t say I have been patient, the excitement has been too overwhelming. I love you guys and love your stuff. You guys are the best. I’m like a kid waiting for his birthday card from grandma!

YOU GUYS ROCK!

• +1

I really have been wanting good Japanese pieces since 1984.  Knowing that they are on the way gives me that kid at Christmas feeling that I haven’t had in many years.  Sometimes it’s the little things that go a long way……

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

I know how all of you feel. I originally made my Midway game for the A&A board game sized pieces, not the A&A minis. With these on the way to my house, it will look a lot better soon when I use the green and orange on the map. 'Course, it will be perfected once the Midway boxed game is made with it’s own pieces… :evil:

Oops. I said NOTHING! Nothing.  :wink: :-D

• Customizer

The Midway game will be pretty much air and naval battles, not much land action there. I suppose, since this is a game and in games we often deal with alternate realities, it could get to the point where the Japanese actually land an invasion force on Midway so you would see some land battles there. If it got to that point, I imagine Japan would be pretty much on their way to winning.

• Customizer

Guys,

@LHoffman:

Got my “shipped” tracking info today. Glad to know they are on the way.  :-)

––I just received my tracking info, too.   :-D
    ----Here they come, Wil. Check 'em out and let us know if there are any units you want to modify.
    ----And I hope Someone will post some unit pics once they receive them.

“Tall Paul”

• Here is the Kaga carrier.  HBG has put the ship class name on the bottom of the units  :-D

photo 3.JPG
    photo 2.JPG

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m