The Great War 1914-1918: Clash of Empires

• We are not involved in that process. It is the proper function of the producer on those details. Like HBG pieces, the manufacturer we are using is in China.

• Is it just the picture or does that uniform look green to me in the photo?

• It is a green-brown color.

• Customizer

Are you saying then that you’re working on new versions of these, or new games broadly similar?

@Imperious:

These two games ( War Between the States and Napoleonic Wars) have already been made years ago and have gone thru many revisions.

• Versions of these older games. This is way down the pipeline. My intention is to get this game out first.

• Customizer

So you’re pimping up old hex and counter games with plastic minis. OK.

Let me know if you ever do Kingmaker.

• Just curious, how many of these do you intend to sell?  I would love a copy but I don’t think my wife will let me buy any more board games after 2012’s flurry of A&A editions and then me buying AA1914.

Maybe in the future if this is still being produced for a couple years.

Oh, and is this different than ‘The Conflict’ that is stickied at the top of this forum?

• Another fan of ViktoryII here.I sold most my metal Nappy ships and use theirs.Great game!

• So you’re pimping up old hex and counter games with plastic minis. OK.

oh hell no. These are totally original, not “plastic remakes”

Just curious, how many of these do you intend to sell?  I would love a copy but I don’t think my wife will let me buy any more board games after 2012’s flurry of A&A editions and then me buying AA1914.

Maybe in the future if this is still being produced for a couple years.

Oh, and is this different than ‘The Conflict’ that is stickied at the top of this forum?

Don’t know how many will be printed. Conflict is another game making it three games on ww1.

• Man three WW1 games?  Well, ‘The Conflict’ website says ‘coming in 2012’, so who knows.  Your game (IL) looks better anyway.

• @BJCard:

Man three WW1 games?  Well, ‘The Conflict’ website says ‘coming in 2012’, so who knows.  Your game (IL) looks better anyway.

Actually it’s 4…
    but I don’t think I will find the nerve to put myself into “publishing hell” :evil:
    :wink:

Besides I think IL’s game will be awesome!

But maybe I should consider putting the rules and board up here for some WWI geeks!? 8-)

• 4?

• We play our WWI game which is simply called Central Powers & Entente (in reference to Axis % Allies) for about 6 years now.

In the middle 2000s our gaming group which is some A&A veterans for almost 30 years felt like having played every strategy and every move so we thought:
    What about creating a really fresh scenario ourself and in the process improve various aspects of A&A not well captured/simulated?
    So we came up with WWI because the conflict is far more balanced from the outset and “diplomacy” comes to the table as an important additional strategic factor.

In the end the game features the following elemental changes/improvements:
    1. Historical Accuracy (as close as possible)
    2. Diplomacy as a new step in the turn order
    3. Historical Events (Russian Revolution, US War Entry, Hindu-German Conspiracy)  
    4. A&A Rule Improvements

Just some remarks:
    -> 1.
    We wanted to really feel like the military leader of the power facing the real questions of the war. Therefore Germany’s First Army exactly is placed where it historically stood when the game begins (October 1914) and not anywhere else. And in the correct strength as well. We did not want the situation of A%A Anniversary for instance in which Japan has 9 fighters (for about 2800 aircraft) and Germany 4 fighters (for about 3000 aircraft) Same with infantry: Japan mobilized 1.4 million men but in the game it gets 18 infantry initial setup whereas Germany attacked Russia with 3.5 million men alone but gets 18 infantry as well. Were the units are placed as even another story. We simple wanted the game to feel authentic!

-> 4.
    One Example: We always disliked that casualties can be chosen! General: “How did our offensive go today?” Major:“Well, we lost too many tanks but we sacrificed some infantry instead!” If you think about it, this is simply ridiculous so unit types of casualties are rolled out in a second step after rolling out the number of hits.

In short, it’s a fully fledged out WWI game with extremely high historical accuracy, balanced gameplay and various rule additions and improvements!

The only purpose was to generate challenge and fun for our gaming group (and some “guests” to drop by). Just did not feel the urge to publish it officially like stated above. But WWI is immensely interesting therefore I posted the original WWI thread on MR Larry Harris website to push him a bit to create his own version! ;)

• Definitely sounds interesting!

• Would love to see your rules & set ups 8-)

• @BJCard:

4?

Actually 5, if you count Diplomacy.

• I don’t know Diplomacy isn’t really WW1, more like the balance of power at the turn of the century.

• Been away from this site for a while. Came back about 2 days ago and realized that 1914 was out. Almost bought it then stumbled upon this thread. This game……seriously it sounds awesome and i am so excited!! WOOO! HOOO!

• @KjBush:

Been away from this site for a while. Came back about 2 days ago and realized that 1914 was out. Almost bought it then stumbled upon this thread. This game……seriously it sounds awesome and i am so excited!! WOOO! HOOO!

Who knows when this game will be out though- the official A&A 1914 is out now!  Could always buy this version when it comes out.

• @BJCard:

@KjBush:

Been away from this site for a while. Came back about 2 days ago and realized that 1914 was out. Almost bought it then stumbled upon this thread. This game……seriously it sounds awesome and i am so excited!! WOOO! HOOO!

Who knows when this game will be out though- the official A&A 1914 is out now!  Could always buy this version when it comes out.

I’m a poor college student. I think that says it all :D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m