Scientific Discussion (No Politics) regarding validity of climate change

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

@Gargantua:

Also, I fail to see how us playing a social game over pieces of colored paper we’re told are worth something even when they’re not are somehow suppose to fix the climate more to our liking?

Why don’t we play football instead.  Football has as much to do with Climate Change as Taxation and monetary reshuffling does.

Really? You fail to see how taxation of a certain behavour might influence how often they are willing to do said behaviour?

I think I’m about done with this thread.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Canuck12:

I usually prefer my political points without dubstep, but thanks none the less.

I wasn’t referencing the whole song, I was just throwing it out there as nicer to listen to than reading Frimm’s comment.

I love the album, not saying I endorse the message… or intended it to be applied here for that matter.

So no, by your own admission the thermodynamics and increasing entropy argument is not silly. So why call it that? Perhaps it is too large a scale to apply to our discussion, but in and of itself it is true.

• Really? You fail to see how taxation of a certain behavour might influence how often they are willing to do said behaviour?

At what point did this thread get hijacked by people who spew these Carbon Tax arguments in a thread about the validity of climate change?

It was halfway enlightening before people started belching their own uninformed opinion without even following the topic…

sigh

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

Yep. Done.

• '12

The trolls rule the day, pity.

• The trolls rule the day, pity.

On You Tube no less, Mr. Shirtless fat dude wearing $10 sunglasses writes:

“You may not jeer and clown, but you mispell and misdiagnose like a true pro… I guess spelling and English were not required courses of study in your school.”

misspell not mispell…And don’t tell me where you are from they spell that way.

“Kruggerr… You’re a F** like all canadiens. You actually had bls enough to respond to a random bash on Canada. But it will gain you nothing more than another bash (a little less random) on all canadien d*bags. It’s like a big trailer park”

Too easy…

Yes Trolls rule…on You Tube at least. How sophisticated of you…

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

You know Canuck…

I have to say I find it Ironic that instead of doing your part for the enviroment, and paying oodles of Carbon Tax whilst working for me in British Columbia - that instead you chose to spend your money on giant airplane rides and travelling around the world distributing your wealth to developing countries who have no regards or tax provisions for their enviroment at all!

Even Now you’ve chosen to live in a carbon tax free province.

A province that recieves transfer payments from mine to support your habits and carbon addiction!

It’s EVIDENTLY clear that the carbon tax isn’t the solution for you! :P

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

Hahahaha!

You’ve got me there Garg!

(I guess I’ll come back to the discussion. Now that it might be productive again.)

Midterms tomorrow. I’ll respond in time.

• '12

I lament the fact Ontario is now a have not province.  Ontario also gets about 50% of it’s electricity from nuclear, a co-incidence?  Some thinks so……some… que evil laugh #7

So, back to some inconvenient facts…yes, pesky facts.  In typical Register fashion they have to throw some humour and ‘digs’ in there.  A note to troll boy.  No troll boy, I did not spell humour incorrectly…

While sea ice grows, Antarctica sheds land ice

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/10/24/antarctic_melting_airstrip/

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

I still don’t have time to respond at the moment. But while we’re all posting articles this book review is EXCELLENT. And will give anyone who is interested a better perspective on where I’m coming from.

“–-Wind is NOT the answer, solar is NOT the answer. SHALE GAS may be the answer! Climate change legislation is RIFE with pork, special interests and WASTES of money…”

Enticed my climate-change doubting friends?

please read on…

http://www.economist.com/news/books-and-arts/21564815-climate-change-needs-better-regulation-not-more-political-will

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m