HBG - Axis & Allies Parts/Accessories and Custom Piece Sets Store!

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@ch0senfktard:

Will there be transports included in the Axis Minor set 2?
    I ask since the picture on the main page of HBG doesn’t show a transport yet the list on the set page includes a transport.
    Also, it says the set would have 30 pieces, but counting all of them leads to 32.

Yes, a Transport, but still tweaking what will be in the set.

• @WARRIOR888:

Gents.

I agree all the sets that are being produced will be excellent additions to AA.  That said Zombies?  I live in state where there a nuts jobs who really believe in them and drive around with the words Zombie Emergency Response Team on their vehicles in case we have a real zombie invasion. They even give a valid local number and cell phone to call if you have a zombie problem to deal with.
    As for a game, my jury is still out on this one.  I would prefer another Super Weapons set with UK, France and Italy instead.

WARRIOR888

That falls under the “If you don’t have anything nice to say…” so yeah

• Customizer

@ Coach,

I hate to be “That Guy” and ask about time-frames just on the heels of releasing the second Japanese set, but I have to ask. What’s a good estimate for the release date for UK?

• '12

I would like to know that too

@toblerone77:

@ Coach,

I hate to be “That Guy” and ask about time-frames just on the heels of releasing the second Japanese set, but I have to ask. What’s a good estimate for the release date for UK?

Should have the revised bomber and 25 pounder this week and if all is good, we will release to make the mold, 4 weeks, then production, another 4 weeks.

• Customizer

@coachofmany:

@toblerone77:

@ Coach,

Should have the revised bomber and 25 pounder this week and if all is good, we will release to make the mold, 4 weeks, then production, another 4 weeks.

Thanks Coach. I love the Japanese sets BTW especially that Kikka and the Vals! TBH I’m more looking forward to the US and UK units even though the Japanese sets are fantastic. More often than not in my FTF games I play as the Allies so I’m really looking forward to some HBG Brits and Yanks to counter all those cool as hell Axis units you guys have produced.

• Customizer

@coachofmany:

What was wrong with the bomber and 25 pounder? It seemed to me like you showed a pic of the bomber and it looked great. Or was that your 3D model?

@knp7765:

@coachofmany:

What was wrong with the bomber and 25 pounder? It seemed to me like you showed a pic of the bomber and it looked great. Or was that your 3D model?

Both Bomber and 25 pounder were too big. We received them yesterdayand they are shown on Facebook. We are pleased with them now.
    Now for making the mold.

• Customizer

@coachofmany:

@knp7765:

@coachofmany:

Both Bomber and 25 pounder were too big. We received them yesterdayand they are shown on Facebook. We are pleased with them now.
    Now for making the mold.

The samples look great Coach! My payday is your payday LOL! BTW that addition of the Sexton is a sweet little plus!

• The U.K. set does look impressive.  There’s a few pieces out of it that I’d really like to have, but not the whole thing.  That seems to be the case for me with almost all of the sets available…  Except for one.  I’ll be completely replacing the G40 OOB French units with at least two orders of the French set coming out from HBG, and another one for the Free French (light blue) (which is hopefully soon).  Really looking forward to that one.  No more Russian blue :).  I’m guessing that’s the intent behind this one.

On another note, I guess the only power left to really do now are the Soviets, from the looks of it.  That would be very cool to see them get finished off with another set.

Also, I wonder if it would be worth doing anything for the Commonwealth countries, like ANZAC, Canada and South Africa.  I suppose that would be tough to tackle, as they didn’t have much unique to them.

• Customizer

I think that is why they are putting out the UK set in four different colors, so you can use them for ANZAC, Canada and perhaps South Africa or India. While ANZAC and Canada did have a few unique units, and I’m not even sure about South Africa, most of these used British equipment for the most part. I don’t think it would really be worth the extra effort and expense to try and make a whole set for ANZAC, Canada or any of the Commonwealth countries. Who knows? HBG might surprise us some time in the future. I am sure something like that would be low priority now. They want to get more for the major countries plus getting France their own units. They just got a lot going on now.

I do agree with you about seeing some more Soviet equipment. I would like to see some Russian ships from that era, but again, low priority. After all, Russian Naval activities weren’t well known in WW2. Even in the games, it’s rare for Russia to purchase a ship of any kind.

• I can only image how busy the people at HBG are.  Makes me wonder what it’s like.  We’ll just have to wait and see how things unfold from here.  Maybe some rich enthusiast might come by there and make everything way easier :p.

I can’t see them excluding the Soviet Navy from the set.  The OOB set came with models, but not many for obvious reasons.  It would almost feel incomplete if HBG had a new set without any navy.  That’s just my opinion though, of course.

• Customizer

Yeah, I’m sure they will eventually make a Russian set that includes ships, it’s just not a high priority what with the new games, US Expansion, Axis Minors 2, French Basic, Facilities and so on. Things just take time is all. Like you, I would like to see HBG versions of everything because they look so much better. However, for now I am satisfied with the OOB Russian ships. For one thing, at least Russia has their own ship types. They even have their own carrier thanks to the 1941 game.

Secondly, in most games Russia NEVER buys a ship. Although, we will occasionally come up with a sort of custom Global 40 game with different alliances so you will see countries buying stuff they would normally never buy. In one game, France was part of the Axis so they didn’t get wiped out round 1, but actually went along for several rounds. It was neat to see France buying stuff and going on the offensive.

• Customizer

@knp7765:

Yeah, I’m sure they will eventually make a Russian set that includes ships, it’s just not a high priority what with the new games, US Expansion, Axis Minors 2, French Basic, Facilities and so on. Things just take time is all. Like you, I would like to see HBG versions of everything because they look so much better. However, for now I am satisfied with the OOB Russian ships. For one thing, at least Russia has their own ship types. They even have their own carrier thanks to the 1941 game.

Secondly, in most games Russia NEVER buys a ship. Although, we will occasionally come up with a sort of custom Global 40 game with different alliances so you will see countries buying stuff they would normally never buy. In one game, France was part of the Axis so they didn’t get wiped out round 1, but actually went along for several rounds. It was neat to see France buying stuff and going on the offensive.

––Yes, the Russians almost never purchase a ship,…but what is to say that we can’t have a
    “Tsushima 1905” game just like we already have a “Midway” game.  I know that a “Pearl Harbor” game  is one that the “Coach” had expressed an interest in producing (one day).

Tall Paul

• Customizer

I see what you mean Tall Paul, but we are talking about sets for Global 39/40 which is WW2 sets. In other words, SOVIET Russia.
    If we were to get a “Tsushima 1905” game, you are talking Czarist Russia with much different ship types. Plus, in that case, we would need a totally different Japanese navy set as well.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

While I am always open to exploration, I am skeptical of how a Pearl Harbor game would work.

Seems like a surprise attack with overwhelming forces will only ever go one way. Not to mention that the very nature of the game would remove that level of surprise. For example… would the Americans ever be able to win at Pearl Harbor? How would they do so? Or will the game only ever be to see how many more Japanese planes they can shoot down? Just seems like there is little room for a different outcome.

But that is an aside from the purpose of this thread…  :roll:

• @Tall:

Yes, the Russians almost never purchase a ship,….but what is to say that we can’t have a “Tsushima 1905” game just like we already have a “Midway” game.  I know that a “Pearl Harbor” game  is one that the “Coach” had expressed an interest in producing (one day).

A Tsushima game would be fun, but it would be a sculpt nightmare on the Russian side.  The Russian fleet at Tsushima was a mish-mash of ship types drawn from every corner of the Russian Navy, many of them decrepit and completely unsuited for a major fleet action.  These second- and third-rate vessels were imposed on the commanding Russian admiral (who would happily have done without them) by his political bosses back home who believed that quantity mattered more than quality in naval warfare.  Their main effect was to limit his fleet to the speed of slowest unit as it sailed ponderously halfway around the world to meet the Japanese fleet in its home waters, at the bottom of which most of the Russian ships ended up.

• Customizer

Guys,

––Perhaps throwing out a SPECIFIC example for a Russian naval game was unfortunate,…but what you should understand as my MAIN POINT is:
    by the time HBG finishes producing the U.S. Sets (don’t forget HBG’s “War Plan Orange” units),…

----We are ALREADY GOING TO OWN all of the U.S. world war 1 Battleships we would need for a
    “Pearl Harbor” game.
    ––And just think, we might have a 1920’s wargame with Japan (which almost actually happenned), including the Battleships and Battle Cruisers like the Lexington and Saratoge that became Aircraft Carriers.
    ----I’m just saying,…we should keep an “open mind” as to what games we may have available in the (near) future.

Tall Paul   :-D

• Customizer

As far as custom or oob units go I’d still like to have at least one type of everything. I like “what-if” scenarios a lot. I often fanaticize about having scenarios where the allies continue the war against the Soviets or many other scenarios where one might need Russian sculpts that aren’t often purchased in the game.

I can’t read HBG’s mind(s) but I have no doubt that they think about these things too. So whatever they want to produce I’m a buyer pretty much. In one of CWOMarc’s previous posts I believe he has similar sentiment in regards to the days where the best you could get “stock” for A&A was Table Tactics (Which I happen to miss greatly) taking nothing away from them, but HBG has taken custom sculpts to the next level by leaps and bounds.

So while there are some thing I wish they would or wouldn’t have produced I’m glad they’re doing it.

• @Tall:

we should keep an “open mind” as to what games we may have available in the (near) future.

Yes, I’m quite willing to do so because, to echo Toblerone’s point, any occasion when HBG produces a new set of sculpts is a welcome one.  There are different preferences about which sets should come first, but everyone seems glad that we’re getting so much variety from the folks at HBG.

Those among us who like to create their own customized game scenarios (including games outside of the historical boundaries of WWII) are particularly well served by all the models and colours of battle pieces that the company has been producing.  Devising custom game rules is something that anyone can do easily, since it requires little more than a word processor.  Creating custom maps is tougher, since it requires software and talents that not everyone has, but at least it’s easy to get the maps printed commercially once they’ve been drawn.  Designing and manufacturing plastic sculpts, however, is something that most people are better off leaving to professionals (even in this age of 3-D printing) if they want to get their hands on a large assortment of high-quality sculpts in multiple copies, which is why I’m happy to see HBG tackling that part of the job on everyone’s behalf.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m