HBG - Axis & Allies Parts/Accessories and Custom Piece Sets Store!

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@CWO:

The part of the OOB rules which says “This game doesn’t deal with the German installment of the Vichy government in France. All French units, after the fall of France, will continue to be controlled by the player that was selected to control France (US or UK).” is noteworthy because, essentially, it means that the game depicts an alternate-history scenario in which France set up a government in exile rather than surrendering and that it kept fighting on the Allied side from its colonial empire.  So while the actual historical events of WWII did set up a situation in which the Vichy-controlled French fleet was mostly inactive, the game itself provides a good justification for giving the French fleet a more active role.

The reasoning seems okay, and gameplay is not radically altered from history because of it. I just think it would be more fun to include other options for the French fleet. The game is an exercise in alternate history already, so including a French Navy rule would not be anything very different, or radical. I understand their justification though. And perhaps for a mass marketed game it was just the simpler thing to do.

• @LHoffman:

I just think it would be more fun to include other options for the French fleet. The game is an exercise in alternate history already, so including a French Navy rule would not be anything very different, or radical.

Agreed.  One nice thing about the game is that it offers a lot of scope for house rules that allow players to explore scenarios in which WWII might have deviated (in ways either probable or fanciful) from its actual course.  And this has been made even easier as the OOB sculpt sets have been (and are continuing to be) expanded by the addition of new pieces and sets from HBG.  It’s great to have lots of options available to us like this.

• Customizer

LHoffman & others,

@LHoffman:

Not to dampen anyone else’s excitement, but France is dead last on my list of anticipation, besides maybe China. Boring units with little to no war contribution and present for about 5 minutes of A&A gameplay. 99.85% of the pieces will never be used.

––While I agree 100% with you concerning the use of any French units in our 1940-Global games,….I must point out they would definately be very usefull in any Global Warfare-1939 games. I point this out not to correct my good friend “LHoffman”, but acknowledge that in general:
    I’m axiously awaiting any & ALL units that HBG wants to produce,….in whatever order!
    ––I would say, my only exception to this might be the “Zombie Appocolyse” 1939 Expansion set.

Tall Paul

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Tall:

I must point out they would definately be very usefull in any Global Warfare-1939 games.

That is true.

• Gents.

I agree all the sets that are being produced will be excellent additions to AA.  That said Zombies?  I live in state where there a nuts jobs who really believe in them and drive around with the words Zombie Emergency Response Team on their vehicles in case we have a real zombie invasion. They even give a valid local number and cell phone to call if you have a zombie problem to deal with.
    As for a game, my jury is still out on this one.  I would prefer another Super Weapons set with UK, France and Italy instead.

WARRIOR888

• About how long do you expect before the new Japanese pieces are available individually?

• '16

Will there be transports included in the Axis Minor set 2?
    I ask since the picture on the main page of HBG doesn’t show a transport yet the list on the set page includes a transport.
    Also, it says the set would have 30 pieces, but counting all of them leads to 32.

• @coachofmany:

UK Set, U.S. Set, Axis Minor Set, Facilities, French WW2, then French WW1

I’m really looking forward to the facilities set, what you got online looks great!

• @Spirou:

@coachofmany:

UK Set, U.S. Set, Axis Minor Set, Facilities, French WW2, then French WW1

I’m really looking forward to the facilities set, what you got online looks great!

I second that, and this set should be next IMHO, I don’t need any more Japanese infantry, I need plastic factories

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@ch0senfktard:

Will there be transports included in the Axis Minor set 2?
    I ask since the picture on the main page of HBG doesn’t show a transport yet the list on the set page includes a transport.
    Also, it says the set would have 30 pieces, but counting all of them leads to 32.

Yes, a Transport, but still tweaking what will be in the set.

• @WARRIOR888:

Gents.

I agree all the sets that are being produced will be excellent additions to AA.  That said Zombies?  I live in state where there a nuts jobs who really believe in them and drive around with the words Zombie Emergency Response Team on their vehicles in case we have a real zombie invasion. They even give a valid local number and cell phone to call if you have a zombie problem to deal with.
    As for a game, my jury is still out on this one.  I would prefer another Super Weapons set with UK, France and Italy instead.

WARRIOR888

That falls under the “If you don’t have anything nice to say…” so yeah

• Customizer

@ Coach,

I hate to be “That Guy” and ask about time-frames just on the heels of releasing the second Japanese set, but I have to ask. What’s a good estimate for the release date for UK?

• '12

I would like to know that too

@toblerone77:

@ Coach,

I hate to be “That Guy” and ask about time-frames just on the heels of releasing the second Japanese set, but I have to ask. What’s a good estimate for the release date for UK?

Should have the revised bomber and 25 pounder this week and if all is good, we will release to make the mold, 4 weeks, then production, another 4 weeks.

• Customizer

@coachofmany:

@toblerone77:

@ Coach,

Should have the revised bomber and 25 pounder this week and if all is good, we will release to make the mold, 4 weeks, then production, another 4 weeks.

Thanks Coach. I love the Japanese sets BTW especially that Kikka and the Vals! TBH I’m more looking forward to the US and UK units even though the Japanese sets are fantastic. More often than not in my FTF games I play as the Allies so I’m really looking forward to some HBG Brits and Yanks to counter all those cool as hell Axis units you guys have produced.

• Customizer

@coachofmany:

What was wrong with the bomber and 25 pounder? It seemed to me like you showed a pic of the bomber and it looked great. Or was that your 3D model?

@knp7765:

@coachofmany:

What was wrong with the bomber and 25 pounder? It seemed to me like you showed a pic of the bomber and it looked great. Or was that your 3D model?

Both Bomber and 25 pounder were too big. We received them yesterdayand they are shown on Facebook. We are pleased with them now.
    Now for making the mold.

• Customizer

@coachofmany:

@knp7765:

@coachofmany:

Both Bomber and 25 pounder were too big. We received them yesterdayand they are shown on Facebook. We are pleased with them now.
    Now for making the mold.

The samples look great Coach! My payday is your payday LOL! BTW that addition of the Sexton is a sweet little plus!

• The U.K. set does look impressive.  There’s a few pieces out of it that I’d really like to have, but not the whole thing.  That seems to be the case for me with almost all of the sets available…  Except for one.  I’ll be completely replacing the G40 OOB French units with at least two orders of the French set coming out from HBG, and another one for the Free French (light blue) (which is hopefully soon).  Really looking forward to that one.  No more Russian blue :).  I’m guessing that’s the intent behind this one.

On another note, I guess the only power left to really do now are the Soviets, from the looks of it.  That would be very cool to see them get finished off with another set.

Also, I wonder if it would be worth doing anything for the Commonwealth countries, like ANZAC, Canada and South Africa.  I suppose that would be tough to tackle, as they didn’t have much unique to them.

• Customizer

I think that is why they are putting out the UK set in four different colors, so you can use them for ANZAC, Canada and perhaps South Africa or India. While ANZAC and Canada did have a few unique units, and I’m not even sure about South Africa, most of these used British equipment for the most part. I don’t think it would really be worth the extra effort and expense to try and make a whole set for ANZAC, Canada or any of the Commonwealth countries. Who knows? HBG might surprise us some time in the future. I am sure something like that would be low priority now. They want to get more for the major countries plus getting France their own units. They just got a lot going on now.

I do agree with you about seeing some more Soviet equipment. I would like to see some Russian ships from that era, but again, low priority. After all, Russian Naval activities weren’t well known in WW2. Even in the games, it’s rare for Russia to purchase a ship of any kind.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m