Naval miniature fever!!!

• No, haven’t picked up the new Fortress America, and not sure I will be since it seems like there is no real change, as it goes for now i’ll be working on getting me a copy of Axis and Allies: Pacific and Axis and Allies: Guadalcanal and maybe the anniversary edition, non A&A games I might get though are the Risk Legacy edition, AOE III boardgame (iffy) and then maybe the new Fortress America.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

Anyone know if the revised naval starter set has the same ships as the starter set released before it?  I believe the 2007 starter is random ships and I have the latest revised edition.  It looks like there was a starter set released between 2007 and 2010 sets.

• think there is a differance in the number of ships (one has more then the other) but not sure, that and one has island pieces while the other doesn’t.

Yea, they both say “Improved Rules” but the boxes look different.  I was able to get an open 2007 starter and 14 ships as with it, not sure if they came with the set because I believe the 2007 starter was randomized.

Asterios, I was telling my buddy that we may have to take a trip to Stockton soon and see that conference room of yours.  Santa Rosa to Stockton is what 3 hours?

• @hkytown1:

Asterios, I was telling my buddy that we may have to take a trip to Stockton soon and see that conference room of yours.  Santa Rosa to Stockton is what 3 hours?

depends on how you drive, me I did a round trip from N. Stockton to LAX in 11 hours and stopped for lunch.

• Founder TripleA Admin

There’s a few of us who play A&A, minis, and other games. The best way to get in with them is to show up at a few public events.

This is for regular A&A Minis: http://www.facebook.com/events/250015031783330/

Game Kastle in San Jose is a trek but might be worth it to find players.

@hkytown1:

Actually, I meant North San Francisco Bay Area, Where people would rather waste there day riding a bike or jogging or surfing or doing something stupid like that.  Unfortunatly, there are just a handful of us here, including this websites founder.

Oh cool Dave thanks.  I’m going to go to that.

• Hello Everybody,
    New to join but a long time lurker. Been playing the Original A&A and Shogun since the early 90’s with my older brother.

I too have just started buying Naval Miniatures. I started getting them just for the astetics and my infatuation with WW2, especially the Naval History. However I am starting to get into the idea of playing games if I could ever find a place to play. So far I’ve bought a coulpe Booster sets and then Had to buy the Enterprise.

Does anyone this they will roll out another set or do you believe they are moving on from the Naval Sets?

• @KrisBeKreame:

Hello Everybody,
    New to join but a long time lurker. Been playing the Original A&A and Shogun since the early 90’s with my older brother.

I too have just started buying Naval Miniatures. I started getting them just for the astetics and my infatuation with WW2, especially the Naval History. However I am starting to get into the idea of playing games if I could ever find a place to play. So far I’ve bought a coulpe Booster sets and then Had to buy the Enterprise.

Does anyone this they will roll out another set or do you believe they are moving on from the Naval Sets?

Using the forumini find a player is probably your best bet online finding someone to play against but other then then doing a demonstration at your local store is a good way to draw the interest of people.

I say there is a 90percent chance there won’t be a set 7 the good news is there is 6 sets of mini’s 4 of which are readily available which is good and the forumini team poseidon project is going to produce cards for the majority of the remaining units they just did a 72 card set and another 50-72 set is in the works for spring next year.

• I just set up an ebay and paypal account……Bad Idea.

No, no.  Best idea ever!  Be sure to check game sights like miniature market and cool stuff for minis as well as 12-7 games and the forumini sight for sellers and traders.

• yeah agent blizzak’s forumini sale thread always has really good deals.

• How do most people store and protect thier vessels?

• tackle box I usually get the portable plano ones and put all nations in different ones, you can get them at walmart for 6.00 each I carry them all in a duffle bag.

if your lucky enough to live near a container store,  get the art boxes with snap lids and movable dividers,  there great and cost $8.  You’ll need 5 of them, one for the US, one for the IJN, one for the UK, Russia, and France, one for Germany, Italy, and Finland, and the last one for smaller nations, dice, markers, the shore battery, basterd and orphan doubles….stuff like that.

Then click on the shirt store on this website and buy a 6 sheet of country marker stickers and slap one of those on the top.  Next, go to Andrew Bawidamanns website and get his axis and allies pinup stickers and put those on the inside lid of your boxes…they look like my avatar.

Top loaders for your cards,  a 50 count hard plastic baseball card holder for your card doubles.  Go to staples and buy a mini 1" folder with 2 zip pockets for your maps, island cards, and instruction books…that’s after you hit kinkos to laminate your maps and island cards.

That should do it,  now your ready!

• These are the words from a person with OCD.  His stuff is so organized.

Indeed.  Organizationaly gifted.  I think Don King said that once.

• @KrisBeKreame:

I just set up an ebay and paypal account……Bad Idea.Â

Ebay and paypal, how did we live without these?

Man, I remember sending checks and waiting the “two weeks” for them to clear….or going down to 7-11 and grabbing a money order  god, that seemed so long ago.  From bid to mailbox.  It took like 3 weeks to a month to get your item.

• Hi All,

I am original from SF, but moved to Hawaii back in 2000.  I sure do miss the Bay Area.  Anyway,  I just started collecting and got it bad.  Please pm if anyone is willing to trade extras.  Buying a bunch of bulk lots helped me build my collection to over 200 miniatures, but have a about 60 extra ships.  Now I want to finish it out by swapping if possible.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Cheers…

B.King

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m