TripleA map for Global 1940 Alpha Final

• More bugs:

• Mechanized Infantry cannot blitz when paired with Tanks as they should be able to (it may be that I simply don’t understand how to do it yet; if there’s a simple explanation please tell me).

• In one game, the true neutral troops in Saudi Arabia and Turkey became Pro-Allied through Axis DoW. When ANZAC non-combat moved into these territories, the neutrals did not change into ANZAC troops but kept their original white color and could not be moved.

• @Make_It_Round:

More bugs:

• Mechanized Infantry cannot blitz when paired with Tanks as they should be able to (it may be that I simply don’t understand how to do it yet; if there’s a simple explanation please tell me).

Did you try klicking both of them and then move both of them the same time? This way it should work. :-)

• Cheers Panther, I’ll give that a shot… Hope it works, as I think this is the most generally troubling problem I’ve found so far.

• Customizer

the movement with mech inf blitzing when paired with tanks works, you just have to move them at the same time (click on them both and move them)

• When you do a combined bombing run in what order are TripleA asking for what target you want your aircrafts to bomb?

• @Mistergreen:

When you do a combined bombing run in what order are TripleA asking for what target you want your aircrafts to bomb?

Right, this seems like another bug.  If one bombs with several tacs and bombers, you don’t know which is assigned to the base or IC when TripleA asks you.  This is important because tacs only bomb at a d6 whereas bombers bomb at a d6+2

• Customizer

I’m finished with Technology, at least as far as I can tell.  It still needs testing by the professionals here on A&A.org

I’ve also fixed many many other bugs, and made little improvements here and there.

Here is a running list of stuff I still need to do before the next release:

1. [done] Allow non-combat move a submarine into a hostile sea zone (but make sure to disallow moving that unit any further if there is a destroyer there) (and create a new game option for this, since revised doesn’t work this way).
    2. [done] Allow separate declarations of war on Russia
    3. [done] Allow Chinese to move into Burma/Kwangtung from the beginning of the game (possibly create a new relationship just between uk_pac and china with open borders)
    4. [done] Change map basetiles and polygons to show 30 and 31 connecting
    5. [done] Should be able to load in a sea zone if it became hostile this TURN
    6. [done] Remove connection from Rio De Oro to French West Africa, and add connection to Algeria
    7. [done] Remove connection from SZ 121 to Newfoundland Labrador
    8. [done] Change the “What to bomb?” question to show which unit we are talking about
    9. [done] Fix issue with UK aircraft disappearing in the pacific before the UK_Pacific nation can place a carrier under them. (possibly create an extended end turn delegate just for UK or Pac that ignores the aircraft stuff)
    10. [done] Remove connection for Eastern Persia to SZ79
    11. [done] Make sure bombers roll dice during interceptions too.
    12. [done] Make sure paratroopers die if bomber gets shot down (aa50).
    13. [done] See about adding the patch for multi-map-downloading.
    14. [done] Create trigger to remove factories from chinese territories that uk/allies conquer.

Can someone confirm the connections of Rio De Oro?  I don’t actually own the map, so I can’t look myself.
    I also wouldn’t mind someone comparing the whole map’s connections to the real thing.

• Customizer

@Veqryn:

In addition, there are these following 5 further things that are already listed in the game notes, but are not done yet:

• Do not allow blitzing or movement through Friendly Neutrals.
    • Air units may not land in or move through Friendly Neutrals, including the same turn they are captured.
    • Friendly Neutrals can not be ‘captured’ with an AA Gun, only by land units with an attack power.
    • If UK Pacific captures Japan, the money goes to UK Pacific, even if UK Pacific’s capital is occupied.
    • Do not allow USA movement to end in Sea Zones 17, 22, 32, 33, 34, and 37.

I am sort of debating whether to code these or not.

What does the community think?

Which ones can we simply say “Know the Rules” and not code, and which ones are really important that I should code them, no matter how long it takes me?

thx,
    veqryn

ps: I ought to mention that I do not want to spend hours and hours coding something that is not needed, so please pick wisely or at least say why.

• @Veqryn:

• Do not allow blitzing or movement through Friendly Neutrals.
      Everybody knows this, so don’t bother.

• Air units may not land in or move through Friendly Neutrals, including the same turn they are captured.

• Friendly Neutrals can not be ‘captured’ with an AA Gun, only by land units with an attack power.

• If UK Pacific captures Japan, the money goes to UK Pacific, even if UK Pacific’s capital is occupied.
      Never happens, so don’t bother.

• Do not allow USA movement to end in Sea Zones 17, 22, 32, 33, 34, and 37.
      This one would be useful, but don’t bother if it’s not hard for you to do.  You obviously put a lot into this already!  People should just know the rules.

• I agree with Vance.
    Although it is of help when as many rules as possible are coded, the players should be responsable for knowing the rules.
    AA-games’ rules are so elaborate and sometimes complex that knowing them in detail is vital for the games.

So the first four issues should be left to the players.
    Coding the movement restrictions would be of help but left out, either, in case it is too much work.

Just my thoughts on this…
    :-)

• @Veqryn:

6. Remove connection from Rio De Oro to French West Africa, and add connection to Algeria
    7. Remove connection from SZ 121 to Newfoundland Labrador

10. Remove connection for Eastern Persia to SZ79

Can someone confirm the connections of Rio De Oro?

In Map version 2.8 I cannot see the issues mentioned here:

6. There is no connection to FWA and there is already a connection to Algeria
    7. There is no connection from SZ 121 to N.-Labrador
    10. There is no connection for Eastern Persia to SZ 79

The connections of Rio de Oro are correct (Morocco, Algeria, Sahara, SZ 91).

Looks pretty ok.

Or am I missing something?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Couple of issues - as of this date (6/4/2012):

A) Check your sea zones in the Pacific.  There are very legal moves in the game that are being barred by your software.
    B) Not sure if this is a 64bit vs 32bit issue, but on all THREE of my 64 bit systems, the game gets about 1 or 2 rounds in then crashes.  Sounds like a memory leak, but to be honest, I’m way too busy to really look into it, run my diagnostic software, etc, to prove it to be one.

Otherwise, the game is quite pretty.  Maybe the next incarnation can have little videos in it for battles/air attacks like Dogs of War did?

• Customizer

@Cmdr:

A) Check your sea zones in the Pacific.  There are very legal moves in the game that are being barred by your software.
    B) Not sure if this is a 64bit vs 32bit issue, but on all THREE of my 64 bit systems, the game gets about 1 or 2 rounds in then crashes.  Sounds like a memory leak, but to be honest, I’m way too busy to really look into it, run my diagnostic software, etc, to prove it to be one.
    Otherwise, the game is quite pretty.  Maybe the next incarnation can have little videos in it for battles/air attacks like Dogs of War did?

a) I need a LOT more information to go on.  You need to give me a specific move with specific units that is disallowed.  Even better is to give me a savegame of it.  You find a move not being allowed, quickly save the game and post it.
    b) I have 2 computers are 64 bit, including the one I develop triplea on, and it works fine.  99.99% this is your computers problem. 
    c) I won’t be making any movies/videos, mostly because I don’t know how.  If someone else wants to make them, maybe we can include them.

• Customizer

[quote]a) I need a LOT more information to go on.  You need to give me a specific move with specific units that is disallowed.  Even better is to give me a savegame of it.  You find a move not being allowed, quickly save the game and post it.[/quote]

She’s referring to movement between sz30 and sz31.  It should be allowed, but the way the spacing has been done, the 2 spaces do not touch each other.

I have a problem I need help with as well, though.

I finished my American move, but the program will not post the summary to the forum, as it gives a give error message.  I close it, but it does not allow me to continue with China.

• Customizer

Jim, I have no clue what happened to you.

If you have another save, like an autosave or anything, then load that.  Otherwise, you will need to load the last turn, and use edit mode to make it look like this turn, then continue from there.

edit:
    Could you tell me what you possibly did that made this happen?
    Did you click really really fast through the phases?  Did you double click on ‘done’?
    Tell me everything you did, so that I have a hope in hell of replicating this (it is very hard to solve problems unless I can replicate them).

Also, what did the error message say?
    I loaded the game, but I did not get any error message.
    Please copy and paste the error message here, or somewhere like the bug tracker.

It shouldn’t by my computer, it’s brand new with only TripleA, Battlemap and the regular Microsoft stuff (office, windows, etc).  Unless it’s a program 99.99% of you have that I don’t.  I don’t generally keep a cluttered computer. (8gig ram, should be PLENTY.)

• Customizer

[quote author=Cmdr Jennifer link=topic=26989.msg969411#msg969411 date=1338897541]
    It shouldn’t by my computer, it’s brand new with only TripleA, Battlemap and the regular Microsoft stuff (office, windows, etc).  Unless it’s a program 99.99% of you have that I don’t.  I don’t generally keep a cluttered computer. (8gig ram, should be PLENTY.)
    [/quote]

I’ve never had TripleA “crash”.

I have had it stop working with an error message.  If you have an error message, you need to post it.  I can’t fix stuff without actually knowing what is wrong.

I’ve also had the AI take forever and/or hang the computer (like an infinite loop).  That should not happen on any of the A&A maps though, it tends to only happen on really big maps.  You should not be using the AI with Global, because Global is too complex for the AI to understand.

In short, you need to post the error message, and also tell me what you were doing before it crashed, etc etc.

Also, make sure your java is up to date.

• Customizer

[quote author=Veqryn link=topic=26989.msg969317#msg969317 date=1338870701]
    edit:
    Could you tell me what you possibly did that made this happen?
    Did you click really really fast through the phases?  Did you double click on ‘done’?
    Tell me everything you did, so that I have a hope in hell of replicating this (it is very hard to solve problems unless I can replicate them).

Also, what did the error message say?
    I loaded the game, but I did not get any error message.
    Please copy and paste the error message here, or somewhere like the bug tracker.

[/quote]

It seems to happen only when I edit something during my turn.

When I am done the NCMs and click finish and then click post teh summary I get the error message.  I would like to copy and paste it - I tried - but it wouldn’t let me.

Seththenewb got it working for me, but I don’t know what he did.

If it happens again, I’ll post here.

Veqryn,

If I remember, i’ll try to play it again this weekend.  Just got a new Star Trek game though, so don’t be surprised if I dont get too it.  However, it just STOPS, it doesnt go back to the desktop, and it’s ALWAYS during the AI’s turn (both easy and hard).

Should help you narrow it down.  As I said, it’s most likely a memory leak, it’s the only thing that seems to make sense too me.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m