• Maybe they will release a sort of collectors edition with more goodies such as plastic ICs and paper money, for a higher price of course :P

• Customizer

isn’t “extra pieces, just the way you want them” what FMG is for?

in my mind, I do not expect any A&A games to include money, or to have great detail in their plastic pieces, and the use of cardboard for certain pieces is also ok.  all these things save money, which translates in a lower price for the game, which is good for me.

What I do not accept, is errors on the game board and errors in the rule book and setup charts.  Pacific was a F-ing disaster in that regard.

• @Veqryn:

in my mind, I do not expect any A&A games to include money, or to have great detail in their plastic pieces, and the use of cardboard for certain pieces is also ok.  all these things save money, which translates in a lower price for the game, which is good for me.

What I do not accept, is errors on the game board and errors in the rule book and setup charts.  Pacific was a F-ing disaster in that regard.

Yeah i seriously doubt adding some paper money is going to jack up the price :P
    It is more likely they cut out these extras to save on cost purely as a profit measure.
    Just like they rushed Pacific, what a mess.

I myself have very high expectations for this game.

A&A not including paper money is not unlike monopoly doing the same thing.
    Little things like this can discourage new players, which is never a good thing.

I have very hopes for the revised editions of G40 and cant wait til it comes out.

Cardboard chits for bases and ICs actually work quite well, but id like to see plastic pieces for AA guns back.

• Its not finished till they release the new rules and set up sheets.

• '17 '16 '15

larry must be unaware of that

• TripleA '12

Yep, and I didn’t buy PAC40 for that very reason. However, if and when they reprint the game with all map/set up errors corrected, I will certainly buy it.

• I bought Pacific, in the hope that I could live with the shortcomings. And I can, but it’s annoying.

I wish that the 1st edition buyers could get the rules, like the extra tacs for Japan.

• @Veqryn:

Believe me, theres no connection between no paper money and a lower game price… just a bigger profit margin.

• ok ive had enough with larrys site. i dont know what to print out! he says he changed germany and the UK but its all the same color so idk what he changed and i dont wanna look for it. does anyone know if he even changed them?

• @Keodis:

ok ive had enough with larrys site. i dont know what to print out! he says he changed germany and the UK but its all the same color so idk what he changed and i dont wanna look for it. does anyone know if he even changed them?

Yes he did lol
    Look at the dates.
    The different colors only denotes changes from OOB, not changes from other changes.
    What is there is the final set of rules for G40.

• so this is the last time i ever have to print rules out? unless WOTC releases a pdf?

• Sponsor

I tried to find 1940 Europe and Pacific here in Toronto for a friend who wanted to buy it, and 4 different game shop said that they are out of print.

• Hey young grasshopper, here in windsor ontario ( not windsor, U.K alot of people make that mistake lol ) theres a store with 2 copies of Europe 1940 and 2 copies of Pacific 1940.

btw i got a question about your custom map. is the only thing you changed on the map was add the bases to it? do you have a version without the bases on it that i can download? i tried to make my own but cant get the creases out when i scan it.

If your friend really wants G40 ill see if i can go pick it up and ship it to you?

• Sponsor

@Keodis:

Hey young grasshopper, here in windsor ontario ( not windsor, U.K alot of people make that mistake lol ) theres a store with 2 copies of Europe 1940 and 2 copies of Pacific 1940.

btw i got a question about your custom map. is the only thing you changed on the map was add the bases to it? do you have a version without the bases on it that i can download? i tried to make my own but cant get the creases out when i scan it.

If your friend really wants G40 ill see if i can go pick it up and ship it to you?

They may have them on their shelf, but can they order more? I will ask my friend if he wants them, can you find out how much for both? I only added the bases, I can give you a link to the original tonight.

• i remember they were not the same price. about 93-98 bucks each without tax. I called them about 5 months ago and they said they did not have any in stock but they were getting some in. So if it went out of print it must of been recently. Ill call and ask right now and let u guys know.

• Amazon.com has pacific for ~70$ And over a dozen in stock

Good luck finding Europe that low though, they are selling on amazon for 350$+ (and there appears to be only 3 left)

I bought G40 not even 4 months ago, on amazon, and paid 250$ for Europe and 50$ for pacific.

Honestly you would probably save alot of money if you just wait for the reprint.

• OK anyways the guy says he cant sontact the supplier because they close early on fridays and told me to call back tuesday afternoon. Ebay has Europe for like 100 bucks. why do you guys go to amazon lol

• Sponsor

I bought Global twice, all 4 games for $65 each. I’m gonna wait for the new edition for my third set.

• @Keodis:

OK anyways the guy says he cant sontact the supplier because they close early on fridays and told me to call back tuesday afternoon. Ebay has Europe for like 100 bucks. why do you guys go to amazon lol

Id like to know where on ebay europe1940 is only 100$. Honestly i think you just made that up :P

The cheapest on ebay right now for europe40 is 270$, but there is still 6 hours left as of 1pm US eastern for that item to be bid up.
    There are 2 others currently at 280$ and 290$.

There is an G40 board only listing from HBG on ebay currently at 12$ but there is over a day left, and its only the board.

• Pacific seems to go around $100 but a copy of Europe 1940 will cost a lot more (like $300?).  So to buy both you need to spend around $400ish.  that’s crazy.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m