• Customizer

First off THANK YOU.

First off your work in Manitoba and Quebec was a welcome sight. As for map corrections I would suggest that you continue to keep the official map clarifications in mind. Such as moving Greenland slightly to the east so that it is more easily identified as an island, fixing the Korea SZ 5 border, and adding the number “128” to the Caspian Sea zone since it is a legal space.

Another task you may want to consider is color correcting the maps. For example The pacific map is a different shade than the eastern europe map which is in turn a different shade than the western europe map.

P.S. Some of the map fold lines are still visible near Portuguese guinea and France, The southwestern Sahara is a bit blurry. I’m sure you already know about these issues but decided to post just in case. And thanks for sharing your EXCELLENT WORK.

• About the Portuguese Guinea map fold–I don’t know how to get rid of it exactly.  The word “Guinea” is in the fold.  I’m totally new to Photoshop and as of yet, I don’t have the skill or know how to correct it.  I may try manipulating the board so that area looks as normal as possible and then pasting it in later.  The whole right side of the map is blurry due to lens distortion from taking the pic relatively close.  Other pics that I have with clarity for that area will be stitched together and should take care of that.  I am keeping the map changes in mind.

When I get that far I will be adding sz 128 to the Caspian sea and I plan on correcting the sz 5/Korea area.  I didn’t know there was a problem with Greenland.  I didn’t see Krieghund say anything about that one.  I guess I could move it some, but that is way down on my list for now.  I had forgotten about the map color differences.  I can take care of that too.

Keep up the input.  I don’t take as an offense to it as it will help me in my finished product.

Thanks,
    Dave

• See my first post.  I’ve edited and updated it.

• Once the map is finished and printed and mounted, it will be great to see a photo of the finished product installed on your wall.

• '10

@gsh34:

See my first post.  I’ve edited and updated it.

That is really great quality! I like what you did with the Hawai’i convoy marker too - it really stands out.

Keep up the great work, mate. I can’t wait to see your finished product.

• Map looks Great!

I’m sure you did it for clarity, I’m not a fan of the bright white sea zone lines. Maybe a lighter blue would contrast enough to show the boundaries. I especially like the bold and brighter convoy boxes.

Again, the map is awesome, thanks for sharing.

Joke: To save time, just go ahead and put a German control marker on London, when the UK starts the game, they can just cover it with one of theirs. :)

• Customizer

Thanks for the update.

I fell that the contrast for the new convoy marker is too high. It kinda makes it look out of place. Perhaps add a bit of blue tint to it to make it blend better with the established map style.

Will you be updating WUSA’s ipcs to read “10” instead of “10 / 50”? 10/50 makes no sense since the Pacific FAQ makes it clear that WUSA is never worth 50 IPCs (WUSA = 10 IPCs, USA at war = 40). The 10/50 makes even less sense in Global. Simply put, having both ipcs simply breeds unnecessary confusion.

Again, thanks for your hard work.

• I had completely forgotten about that 10/50 ipc icon on the W. US.  I’ve ignored it since day one.  It is now corrected on my map and will be included in future updates.  I’ll be looking into updating the “convoy” and “kamikazi” markers so that they are more visible, but not too much so.  The color by the one I had in Hawaii was sampled from the sea zone numbers.  I’ll see if I can’t try a few different color varieties for the next post and see what people think.

• See first post for update.

• Where is the Europe part?

• @Imperious:

Where is the Europe part?

In the garbage. :-o  I didn’t like how the panels were being stitched together so I came at the project a different way and I started on the Pacific side of the board.  I still need to do the Europe boards.

• '10

Once again, awesome, awesome work.  I can’t believe how much I can zoom in and still have a clear resolution!

I can’t wait to see the end product.

I have some different colors for the convoy markers that I want feedback on.

Seazone 43 is my personal favourite. It blends well with the sea and stands out without being overly bright

• Customizer

Once again it looks great. Thanks for the map fixes.

I believe that ideally the convoy boxes should be the same color as the sea zone border line. However If I had to chose I would prefer a shade thats half way between SZ 43 and 26. 43 is a bit too blue and 26 is a bit bright. perhaps adding a bit of gray to either of these may also do the trick.

In any case your work is greatly appreciated. Thanks for you work. Cant wait to see the rest of the map.

• Customizer

I dont know if its possible but if you could move Honolulu off the big island and onto oahu that would be great. Your work in WUSA looked flawless.

• Yeah, I’ve been to Hawaii (both Oahu and the Big Island) and I wondered why Honolulu was placed on the Big Island.  I’ll give it a whirl and see how it looks when I move it.

• Bob,

I think the reason for putting Honolulu on the Big Island where Hilo is was because it is totally disproportionate to Oahu.  Take a look and see what I mean.  I can move it easily enough if that is still what you like.  To me, both the current placement and the correct one bug me for different reasons.

edit:  On second thought, I probably will move it.  The VC dot is disproportionately large compared to the size of Oahu, but it does look better to be in the correct position.

Hawaii.jpg

• Bob,

You are pretty good at catching these map anomalies.  Can you write a master list for me and post it.  I would like to have one place to check for the changes needed.

FYI, it will still be a several weeks before I’m done.  Since I’m new to photoshop, every challenge I encounter usually takes me a while to figure out.  One thing in particular that I’m having issues with is trying to balance the colors of the Euro maps with the Pacific map panels.  Right now that is not going so well.

• Customizer

@gsh34:

I think the reason for putting Honolulu on the Big Island where Hilo is was because it is totally disproportionate to Oahu.  Take a look and see what I mean.  I can move it easily enough if that is still what you like.  To me, both the current placement and the correct one bug me for different reasons.

edit:  On second thought, I probably will move it.  The VC dot is disproportionately large compared to the size of Oahu, but it does look better to be in the correct position.

I completely agree.

@gsh34:

Bob,

You are pretty good at catching these map anomalies.  Can you write a master list for me and post it.  I would like to have one place to check for the changes needed.

Ill take a look into it.

• Any development?

• I updated the first post.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m