• how long do you or can you play until you catch hell–-me about 8 hours

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I remember times where I couldn’t even mention the word AXIS, before I started getting a hard time about it.

I learned to say I was just busy doing other things, and usually tried to time it for allotments where I knew she was going to be busy.

That or, convieniently time it with coinciding activities - where you know you will be away - for an extended period.

• @Gargantua:

I remember times where I couldn’t even mention the word AXIS, before I started getting a hard time about it.

I learned to say I was just busy doing other things, and usually tried to time it for allotments where I knew she was going to be busy.

That or, convieniently time it with coinciding activities - where you know you will be away - for an extended period.

That’s why she is your “X” now

• I haven’t a clue what your guy’s problem is, but I can play A&A anytime I want. My wife never gives me any crap about my hobbies.

• My wife is cool with long games. She likes listening to the commentary and trash talking.

She has became a great Settlers of Catan player.

• @BARKER:

how long do you or can you play until you catch hell–-me about 8 hours

The key is to get your kids involved. I have 5 boys and 4 are actively playing with me (also their friends). Now, playing Axis and Allies is just being a good Dad.  :wink:

• @billinjackson:

@BARKER:

The key is to get your kids involved. I have 5 boys and 4 are actively playing with me (also their friends). Now, playing Axis and Allies is just being a good Dad.  :wink:

That’s wisdom right there. I’m working on that, I get my kids WWII tanks and planes to get them liking certain WWII items. They are 8, 6 and 2 so I got some time to groom them.

I tried reading as a bedtime story the History of WWII, that didnt go well.

• @billinjackson:

@BARKER:

Brilliant! I’d also think it would be being a good husband as your wife gets a ‘break’ from the boys.

• I’m in a Catch 22 here.  I’m single, and pretty much have been for about 3 years.  However, I don’t have friends that are interested in gaming.  Well, one might, but it’s been a while since we played.  So I’m grooming my 5 year old as well to be a board gamer.  He already likes getting the pieces out and playing war, so we aren’t too far the goal yet.

Also, I figure my next SO better be a big nerd/geek like me and enjoy all sorts of gaming.  I’m tired of having gfs that shame you for playing games (although if that’s all I did, I’d understand).

• Play stratego, then Chess in that order with your son.

Don’t waste any time with AA because it has too many rules, while games with great depth and simple rules develop a mental outlook that guides young minds into planning properly. These games are perfect for that task.

Latter they can try AA, after understanding what Chess is.

• @frimmel:

@billinjackson:

@BARKER:

Brilliant! I’d also think it would be being a good husband as your wife gets a ‘break’ from the boys.

Exactly! Had a great game of global Friday night into Saturday with my 12 year old as Japan, myself with Germany and Italy, my 15 year old with Russia and China and three of his friends dividing up the rest of the allies. Their all hooked… The wife was elated.  :wink:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m