• @AllyAxis:

I’ve gone back and forth on Subs attacks on captial ships with no destroyers present.

No destroyers present…  subs get to hit without retaliation?

I saw that on step two casulties go to the casualty strip.  step 4 all casualties return fire.

however during step 3 it says all units are removed from the gameboard.  Which leads me to believe that subs hit (no destoryers present)  and then the ships go to the casualtiy board, but are removed from the game before step 4 takes place.   thus No sub retaliation shots without a destroyer.

Wanted an official blessing of this one.   Thanks.

If there are no destroyers present, subs perform according to their “surprise strike” ability.

If they achieve a hit and it destroys the ship, the ship is effectively removed immediately.  Such a ship does not fire during the defenders round and is not placed on the casualty strip.  If the sub only damages a ship (the battleship or carrier, hit but not fully destroyed by the subs), those ships still return fire during the defenders round of rolls.  The sub cannot submerge after firing - it can only submerge before firing during a round of battle.  So if your sub doesn’t manage to clear the BBs, CVs, etc, they will be fired upon, after which they can submerge or continue to fire.

• Ok, I’m new to these forums, but I’ve been a long time A&A player. One thing that is really confusing me about the Global Rules is this. What is Russia’s starting income? We use the alpha .2 rules (with some special adjustments).

In the Pacific game there are a few USSR territories that the Europe USSR doesn’t account for. I’m sure others have asked this, but I didn’t feel like rummaging through 100+ pages. Thank you for the help!

• '12

37.  Also note that Russia only recieves 2 infantry units in Novosibirsk per turn in AAE, not in Global.

• @American_Kid:

Ok, I’m new to these forums, but I’ve been a long time A&A player. One thing that is really confusing me about the Global Rules is this. What is Russia’s starting income? We use the alpha .2 rules (with some special adjustments).

In the Pacific game there are a few USSR territories that the Europe USSR doesn’t account for. I’m sure others have asked this, but I didn’t feel like rummaging through 100+ pages. Thank you for the help!

37 IPC’s  is what Russia starts with in Global and its various rules.

When at war, they can get 5 IPCs as a bonus for a national objective.
    The other one gives them a 3 IPC bonus for each German territory with a German control marker printed on the board(starting spaces) that they control.

If Japan starts war with them, they will get 12 IPCs as a bonus under the Alpha +2 version some people are playing.

• What you were looking for is on page 32.  Make sure you are familiar with everything on this page - it’s an important one.

• I understand India can never collect income from Europe side even if London is under axis control, am I corrected?
    Even if UK’s units retake territories from axis (say Egypt or Ethiopia) while London still under occupation. Right?

And the other way around, London can never collect from territories in Pacific map. Right?

• @BigBadBruce:

I understand India can never collect income from Europe side even if London is under axis control, am I corrected?
    Even if UK’s units retake territories from axis (say Egypt or Ethiopia) while London still under occupation. Right?

And the other way around, London can never collect from territories in Pacific map. Right?

That’s right.
    The other Allies (even ANZAC) can take control of these territories and collect income, but Calcutta can never collect income from the UK territories on the Europe board and London can never collect income from UK territories on the Pacific board.

This is consistent with rulebook language on page 32 that says “UK units purchased and placed on the Pacific map can only be bought with IPCs generated on the Pacific map.  Likewise, UK units purchased and placed on the Europe map can only be bought with IPCs generated on the Europe map”

This is a special rule under “Global United Kingdom Rules”, and since there is no such rule for other powers, ANZAC could potentially collect IPC’s from Scotland (London under Axis control), but Calcutta can not ever collect income from Scotland or even Central Persia, which is just 2 territories to the West of West India.

Russia could possibly collect income from controlling New Zealand and all of Australia except NSW (if New South Wales under Axis control), but London can never collect from West India or India  :-o

• '20 '19 '18 '15 '13

My question relates to when the US declares war in AAGlobal Alpha +2. After London is taken on G2, can the US declare war on Japan / Germany in the Conduct Combat phase of their next turn (the same round)? Or, must it be just before the Collect Income Phase? Thanks!

• When London is captured, America may declare war at the beginning of the combat move phase.

• That’s right.  USA has to wait until the collect income phase of turn 3 only when none of the conditions have been met.  All other DOW’s in the game are done at the beginning of the turn.

I just looked at my copy of Alpha2 rules.  Do you have them?  #9 clearly states that the US declares war on any or all Axis powers at the beginning of the Combat Move phase of its next turn if London and/or any territory in North America is captured by an Axis power.  I’m not asking this to criticize, I’m wondering if you need us to direct you to Larry’s Alpha2 rules, if you don’t have a copy.

• @gamerman01:

@BigBadBruce:

That’s right.
    The other Allies (even ANZAC) can take control of these territories and collect income, but Calcutta can never collect income from the UK territories on the Europe board and London can never collect income from UK territories on the Pacific board.

Other than the exceptions in Alpha 2 that London collects for British Colombia and Calcutta collects for West India.

• 2007 AAR League

Ok, here’s one out of left field.  G40 Alpha+2 with Tech.

UK want’s to roll for Tech, what are the rules?
    Can you allocate money from each Theater for the common goal, say 5 from London, 5 from India?
    If you get tech does it apply throughout the empire?

Gamer, feel free to chime in but I’m looking for an Official Ruling, so if you have a position please site the relevant passage.

• @Emperor:

Can you allocate money from each Theater for the common goal, say 5 from London, 5 from India?

Gamer, feel free to chime in but I’m looking for an Official Ruling, so if you have a position please site the relevant passage.

From the Official Rule Clarifications (as it’s not specifically stated in the rulebook so there is no page number):

@Krieghund:

If the United Kingdom does Research and Development, either or both economies can pay for it, and both will share in the results.

• Mollari, I’ve been promoted.  :-)
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=24408.30
    Look at the first post of this new rules discussion thread (this FAQ thread is now passe).  I’ve been deputized and you can stop saying my rules posts are not official  :-)

I would add to kcdzim’s excellent answer, that it has been pointed out by Krieghund in the past that you can actually spend non-multiples of 5 from each economy.  You could, for example, spend 1 IPC from UK and 4 from India to buy a research die.

• 2007 AAR League

@kcdzim:

@Emperor:

From the Official Rule Clarifications (as it’s not specifically stated in the rulebook so there is no page number):

@Krieghund:

If the United Kingdom does Research and Development, either or both economies can pay for it, and both will share in the results.

@gamerman01:

Mollari, I’ve been promoted.  :-)
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=24408.30
    Look at the first post of this new rules discussion thread (this FAQ thread is now passe).  I’ve been deputized and you can stop saying my rules posts are not official  :-)

I would add to kcdzim’s excellent answer, that it has been pointed out by Krieghund in the past that you can actually spend non-multiples of 5 from each economy.  You could, for example, spend 1 IPC from UK and 4 from India to buy a research die.

Thanks guys…now for the bonus question.  UK got War Bonds, does each capital (London\Calcutta) roll separate WB dice or is it one roll split the money how every you want?

• Official Q&A

Roll one die, and split the IPCs between the two economies in any way that you like, including all of them to one economy.

• Looks like all’s quiet on the Western front!

• In Alpha +2 it says:

“The United States Navy, while being neutral, has the following movement restrictions. […] In the Pacific it can only end naval movements in sea zones that are not adjacent to Japanese-controlled territories and islands.”

Does this mean:

Sea zones that are adjacent to sea zones “containing” the Japanese-controlles territory? For example SZ 23, 24 or 16…

or

Sea zones that  “contain” the Japanese-controlles territory? For example SZ 6, 17 or 34…

Thank you!

• @Andi:

In Alpha +2 it says:

“The United States Navy, while being neutral, has the following movement restrictions. […] In the Pacific it can only end naval movements in sea zones that are not adjacent to Japanese-controlled territories and islands.”

Does this mean:

Sea zones that are adjacent to sea zones “containing” the Japanese-controlles territory? For example SZ 23, 24 or 16…

or

Sea zones that  “contain” the Japanese-controlles territory? For example SZ 6, 17 or 34…

Thank you!

Pretty sure its containing…meaning if there is Japanese territory in that sea zone, not next to the sea zone.

Example:

z26, z22, z6 all have Japanese in that sea zone…

z18, z24, z54 are all empty of Japanese areas.

Just a quick non-official answer if you need one.

• Excellent find Andi.  Hopefully they update the language so it is not so ambiguous.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m