• Official Q&A

The ones on the Europe map are buried pretty deep in this thread, so here’s a recap of all of them:

Alberta/Saskatchewan/Manitoba and Central United States are adjacent to each other.
    Quebec and New Brunswick/Nova Scotia are adjacent to each other.
    Sea zone 106 and Eastern United States are not adjacent to each other.
    Greenland is an island.
    Scotland and Eire are adjacent to each other.
    The Caspian Sea is a sea zone.
    Korea and sea zone 5 are not adjacent to each other.

• @Krieghund:

The ones on the Europe map are buried pretty deep in this thread, so here’s a recap of all of them:

Alberta/Saskatchewan/Manitoba and Central United States are adjacent to each other.
    Quebec and New Brunswick/Nova Scotia are adjacent to each other.
    Sea zone 106 and Eastern United States are not adjacent to each other.
    Greenland is an island.
    Scotland and Eire are adjacent to each other.
    The Caspian Sea is a sea zone.
    Korea and sea zone 5 are not adjacent to each other.

Thanks!  I hope they’ll be included in the next FAQ.

• '22 '16

If you upgrade a minor IC can you build 10 units at it that turn?

• Official Q&A

No, only three (not including the upgrade itself).

• If my opponent has a blocker to prevent me from moving three into Med for example and I destroy the blocker with a sub or plane in the combat phase.  During the non combat phase can my navy move through the sea zone that combat took place that did not involve them and go right through into the Med.

Thanks and sorry if this has already been answered.

• Official Q&A

Yes.

• '22 '21 '19 '18 '17 '16

Question on loading of transports.

In a recent game, at the declaration of war between Germany and Russia (Germany attacks first), the Russian battleship is located in the same sea zone as some german transports. On the German turn, can the german transports move during the combat phase out of the sea zone?  Must they stay and fight? Can they move out, then pick up units and be used in an amphibious assault?

• Official Q&A

Ships that begin their turn in a hostile sea zone always have the choice of moving away or fighting.  The transports may move to a friendly sea zone, load units, then move back to either their original sea zone or another one to make an amphibious assault.

In addition, in the same turn that war is declared, transports may actually load in the sea zone in which they begin the turn even if it is hostile.  This exemption applies only in the combat move phase in war is declared and only in the transports’ starting sea zone.  In your example, this would mean that Germany could actually load the transports in the same sea zone with the Soviet battleship.

• '22 '21 '19 '18 '17 '16

Thank you, Krieghund. Very concise and much appreciated.

• Can i scramble a fighter to defend a lone transport against an air attack?

I want to make an amphibious assault an TT A, but have to move from TT B over TT C to get there. In TT C is an enemy warship
    which i attack the same round with other units from TT D. Is the transport allowed to move through?

In other words:
    A transport has to stop an amphibious assault when it encounters an other enemy warship on its way there, even when there is another planned battle right? And it cannot move on afterwards?

• @ViribusUnitis:

Can i scramble a fighter to defend a lone transport against an air attack?

Yes.

I want to make an amphibious assault an TT A, but have to move from TT B over TT C to get there. In TT C is an enemy warship
    which i attack the same round with other units from TT D. Is the transport allowed to move through?

No.  The enemy surface warship (assuming not a sub) in seazone C would halt movement of the transport.

In other words:
    A transport has to stop an amphibious assault when it encounters an other enemy warship on its way there, even when there is another planned battle right? And it cannot move on afterwards?

Right.  The destroyer or bigger in the intermediary sea zone would make all amphibious assaults from “TT A” impossible during that power’s turn.

• Thanks for the quick answer!

• @ViribusUnitis:

Thanks for the quick answer!

Any time.

• 2007 AAR League

@Krieghund:

Ships that begin their turn in a hostile sea zone always have the choice of moving away or fighting.  The transports may move to a friendly sea zone, load units, then move back to either their original sea zone or another one to make an amphibious assault.

In addition, in the same turn that war is declared, transports may actually load in the sea zone in which they begin the turn even if it is hostile.  This exemption applies only in the combat move phase in war is declared and only in the transports’ starting sea zone.  In your example, this would mean that Germany could actually load the transports in the same sea zone with the Soviet battleship.

That’s very interesting, I had thought they couldn’t load after declaring war and making the sea zone hostile.  I’ll keep that in mind, could have used it earlier.  Thanks Kreig.

• I apologize if this has been asked, there are 65 pages at the time of this post.

In the Pacific rules, only Anzac and India can take over Dutch territories. The US can only control them if they liberate them from an axis player.

Given that the Europe board is treated separately in some cases: Can the US take control of Suriname (North of Brazil borders sea zone 88) as a non combat move, or is the rule the same in that only UK or Anzac can? I am looking for an alternate naval base site should London fall prior to the Gibraltar base being knocked out.

This site has limited use, but it does permit (with a naval base) staging for attacks on London, Scotland, Normandy, Belgium, and (if allies have the straight) South France, Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria while remaining out of range of most axis air units not staged in Gibraltar. I suppose it also gives you range to reach French Equatorial Africa and other western African zones.

I imagine UK could just build one in British Guiana since it is out of range of bombers and non carrier based tactical bombers.

• Official Q&A

The same rules apply to Dutch territories in the global game as in the Pacific game.  The US may not take control of them except by recapturing them from the Axis.

• @Krieghund:

The same rules apply to Dutch territories in the global game as in the Pacific game.  The US may not take control of them except by recapturing them from the Axis.

Hi Kevin, considering the neutrality of US with the consequences that US may not take Dutch territories except when taken by Axis, why don’t apply the same rule for Anzac and United Kingdom considering their neutrality towards Japan and the Alliance towards Dutch (although the Dutch capital is occupied by German forces)?

If UK invades French Morocco, the Morocco remains French if before it isn’t occupied by Axis. Why in global we have the exception of Dutch territories? In my opinion this rule is too favourable for Allies and penalizing the Japan because the Allies grow too fast.

• Official Q&A

Unlike the US, UK/ANZAC is not completely neutral.  They are at war with Germany and Italy.  UK/ANZAC is protecting Dutch interests in the Pacific for the Dutch government in exile in London.  Since Japan is allied with Germany and Italy, UK/ANZAC will not allow Japan to invade Dutch territories.  In addition, Japanese expansion would threaten UK/ANZAC holdings in the Pacific.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Emperor:

@Krieghund:

That’s very interesting, I had thought they couldn’t load after declaring war and making the sea zone hostile.  I’ll keep that in mind, could have used it earlier.  Thanks Kreig.

More like using it against you.  Your favorite tactic is to lock transports by building units into their zone.  :roll:

• TripleA

I was just reading all the new Alpha 2 rules in prep for a game tonight.  One thing I thought was a rule I couldn’t find again is,

1.)  Transports of a Neutral cannot end movement with units on board, is that correct?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m