• @tacarlyle:

@gamerman01:

@tacarlyle:

if i attack a land territory of a power with which i am at war, that also contains units of a power with which i am not at war, how is the combat worked out?

You are not allowed to attack a land territory that has units of a power with which you are not at war.  Page 15, sidebar, under “Combat” First sentence!

omg that was fast, thanks so much!

NP, glad to help  :-)

• Official Q&A

@calvinhobbesliker:

In Italy’s NO for E40, that there are no allied units in Africa, do “units” include AA guns, IC’s, or air/naval bases?

Yes.  The Axis must capture these so that they are no longer Allied.

@calvinhobbesliker:

Is Madagascar included as part of Africa?

Yes.

• '22 '19 '18

So I looked over this entire FAQ and I didn’t see a couple of clarifications regarding USSRs NO.
    In the rule book it says Russia get +5 for being at war (it dosen’t specify euro axis) and no enemy ships in sz 125.
    Someone asked if it was suppose to be 127, so I am just making sure it is 125.  I believe I have read somewhere that it is only if Russia at war with Euro axis, but I haven’t found an official Krieg response.

Krieg please clarify so that if it comes up on game night I can pull up your response.

Thanks in advance.

• @Krieghund:

@calvinhobbesliker:

In Italy’s NO for E40, that there are no allied units in Africa, do “units” include AA guns, IC’s, or air/naval bases?

Yes.  The Axis must capture these so that they are no longer Allied.

@calvinhobbesliker:

Yes.

So they have to capture South Africa

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Krieghund:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Yes.  The Axis must capture these so that they are no longer Allied.

A surprising answer.  Good thing you asked, calvin.

This one needs to be in the official written FAQ.

• Official Q&A

@cond1024:

So I looked over this entire FAQ and I didn’t see a couple of clarifications regarding USSRs NO.
    In the rule book it says Russia get +5 for being at war (it dosen’t specify euro axis) and no enemy ships in sz 125.
    Someone asked if it was suppose to be 127, so I am just making sure it is 125.  I believe I have read somewhere that it is only if Russia at war with Euro axis, but I haven’t found an official Krieg response.

Krieg please clarify so that if it comes up on game night I can pull up your response.

Thanks in advance.

It is sea zone 125, and the USSR must be at war with a European Axis power.

• Official Q&A

@gamerman01:

Why is it so surprising?  Facilities are units, and they also keep tanks from blitzing.

• @Krieghund:

@gamerman01:

Why is it so surprising?  Facilities are units, and they also keep tanks from blitzing.

“Units” to many of us is short for “military units”, meaning movable pieces.
    Facilities are facilities, not units.  The rulebook is very ambiguous there, by just saying “units”.  That’s why calvin asked - because the reader can’t tell for sure.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Krieghund:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Yes.  The Axis must capture these so that they are no longer Allied.

@calvinhobbesliker:

Yes.

Ok, I get the fact that you (axis) have to control the tt’s w/IC, and bases (all facilities) and any AA guns. I get that French Mad is part of Africa, but if it is still allied w/no units on it (unoccupied) the axis would not need to control it to get that African NO. There could be unoccupied French and UK tt in Africa, and Italy would still get the NO if I’m reading it correct.

• Ok another question that stems from an earlier post in this thread regarding Russia and not being able to attack a tt of a power in which you are not yet at war.

This I know:

1. Russia doesn’t get its at war NO until its at war w/one of the Euro axis powers.
    2. Russia can declare war against Japan at any time. This will allow the Soviets to invade the pro neutrals, or even strict neutrals I guess.

Does Russia declaring war on Japan also allow it to move units into any friendly (allied) power’s tt.

Example:
    Say fly a Soviet ftr down to Egypt (could be there R2) so Italy would first have to declare war on Russia to attack Egypt I2. The way I see it Russia is the only power that could be neutral (to the Euro axis), but still move into its allies tt.

Could you clarify Krieghund.

• @WILD:

Ok another question that stems from an earlier post in this thread regarding Russia and not being able to attack a tt of a power in which you are not yet at war.

This I know:

1. Russia doesn’t get its at war NO until its at war w/one of the Euro axis powers.
    2. Russia can declare war against Japan at any time. This will allow the Soviets to invade the pro neutrals, or even strict neutrals I guess.

Does Russia declaring war on Japan also allow it to move units into any friendly (allied) power’s tt.

Example:
    Say fly a Soviet ftr down to Egypt (could be there R2) so Italy would first have to declare war on Russia to attack Egypt I2. The way I see it Russia is the only power that could be neutral (to the Euro axis), but still move into its allies tt.

I think this is only allowed if the UK is at war with japan

• I don’t see it that way. Russia can move into its allies tt once its at war. It doesn’t say it has to be at war w/all axis (or include Euro axis). Russia doesn’t have any reliance on what UK does, or who the English are at war with as far as I can see.

• If on US2, there’s a axis sub on a US convoy zone, and the sub decides to raid the convoy, does the US get to collect its wartime NO that turn?

• @calvinhobbesliker:

If on US2, there’s a axis sub on a US convoy zone, and the sub decides to raid the convoy, does the US get to collect its wartime NO that turn?

Yes, raiding convoys is an act of war.

• The axis power would have to declare its self at war w/US on its own turn (before combat move) in order to raid the convoy on US turn (collect income). Then when the US turn comes round the US would have to declare its self at war (before its’s combat move phase) to collect its war time bonus (at the collect income phase). The US could also make attacks that turn as well. You can’t just move a German sub to the convoy zone then on the US’s turn announce by the way we are at war and I’m now costing you $.

• @WILD:

The axis power would have to declare its self at war w/US on its own turn (before combat move) in order to raid the convoy on US turn (collect income). Then when the US turn comes round the US would have to declare its self at war to collect its war time bonus. The US could also make attacks that turn as well. You can’t just move a German sub to the convoy zone then on the US’s turn announce by the way we are at war and I’m now costing you $.

Exactly right.

• Research development

Can ANZAC research developments?

Can France research developments?

Do you have to be at war to research?

Thanks in advance……

• @leddux:

Research development

Can ANZAC research developments?

Can France research developments?

Do you have to be at war to research?

Thanks in advance……

Yes.

Yes, if they still have money on F1 (but why :S )

No.

• @Woodstock:

Yes, if they still have money on F1 (but why :S )

France could be liberated and the game not be decided yet.  Stranger things have happened.

• Official Q&A

@gamerman01:

“Units” to many of us is short for “military units”, meaning movable pieces.
    Facilities are facilities, not units.  The rulebook is very ambiguous there, by just saying “units”.  That’s why calvin asked - because the reader can’t tell for sure.

I’m sorry, but there is no ambiguity in the rules here.  Facilities are listed as one of four subclasses of “units” in the Unit Profiles section, and they are referred to as “units” several times elsewhere in the rules.  Land, air and sea units (the other three subclasses) are referred to collectively as “combat units”, which is what you have referred to as “military units”.

If I may be so bold as to interpret the intent of Calvin’s question, I believe it was to be sure that the wording of the NO was intended to intentionally include facilities, which it was.  If it had intended to exclude them, it would have said “combat units” rather than simply “units”.

@WILD:

Ok another question that stems from an earlier post in this thread regarding Russia and not being able to attack a tt of a power in which you are not yet at war.

This I know:

Example:

This is interesting, and it never came up in playtesting.  The question, of course, is whether or not it’s a problem.  I suspect that it may be, but it could be one of those instances where it’s not worth it to the Soviet player to do it in the long run.

If it is a problem, it will need to be fixed in the errata.  What do you all think?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m