• @UN:

But ancient tactics? Well, 1918 tactics. Only a few like Charles de Gaulle advocated modern warfare. Actually, Heinz Guderian, one of the big developers of blitzkrieg, read de Gaulle’s book, compared it to his own, and found many similarities. So yes, the French High Command was still thinking 1918; the Germans were thinking 1940.

Yes, one of the fundamental problems was that most of the French high command (de Gaulle being one of the rare exceptions) still regarded the tank as an infantry support weapon.  They therefore tended to scatter their tanks all along the front to provide that local support.  On the other hand, Guderian, de Gaulle, and people like J.F.C. Fuller and Liddell-Hart in Britain, viewed the tank as the spearhead of the attack, which ought to be used in massed formations concentrated at key points of the front.

• @GrizzlyMan:

At least we didn’t have horses! Besides by the end of the war, we had the forth strongest military.

Fourth behind who? USA, USSR, and UK? Technically wasn’t the Canadian military part of the UK (commonwealth) military?

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=18760.0 There there’s my proof. Also saying thats part of the commonwealth is like saying modern Australia is part of the British army today! Or the Canadian army today! They were just loyal to the British still, but were’t British. They were Canadian.

• @Dylan:

@GrizzlyMan:

At least we didn’t have horses! Besides by the end of the war, we had the forth strongest military.

Fourth behind who? USA, USSR, and UK? Technically wasn’t the Canadian military part of the UK (commonwealth) military?

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=18760.0 There there’s my proof. Also saying thats part of the commonwealth is like saying modern Australia is part of the British army today! Or the Canadian army today! They were just loyal to the British still, but were’t British. They were Canadian.

That’s not proof. The 4th largest army in the world in 1945 was not Canada, nor Australia. I’m pretty sure it was France, whom had over a million men by the end of the war.

The Canadian Army was in fact a Commonwealth army in WWII for all intents and purposes.

• TripleA

@Dylan:

@UN:

@Dylan:

:-D Polish sucked!

That’s like saying Canada sucked.

when you say military, i think you mean to say navy. canada did have the 3rd (or 4th?) largest navy at the end of 1945. they certainly did not have the largest army or airforce.

• i just opend my pacific and no japs,wtf,how can i claim them,from who?

• Official Q&A

Contact Wizards Customer Service, either here or at the address or phone number on the back of the Rulebook.

• Customizer

Wow!  I can’t believe some of you are getting copies of the game missing whole country’s forces.  I got two copies of AAE40 myself and both were complete.  The only problem was one of my German half-tracks already looks battle damaged (a big chunk out of the left front side).

I don’t think I’ve ever gotten a game that was missing so much.  The worst problem I faced was with my copy of A&A Guadalcanal where the cruiser pieces were the wrong colors.

• Should I call WotC and claim I am missing everything in my Europe and Pacific boxes? I could even take a photo of the empty boxes as ‘proof’ :lol: :lol:

• thanks,it would not be a problem,onley for the new units,cos i have most AA games

• Okay, I made a promise to myself not to %^&# too much about my missing pieces, but with the reply I got, they got me pissed off.

Initial mail wasn’t responed to, so I sent a reminder. And here’s what they said:

_Hello,

Your e-mail was forwarded to the person handling these issues, however he was unable to look at it yet due to the Magic the Gathering Pro Tour in Amsterdam this weekend.

I am sure he will look at it and help you as soon as he is back.

Kind regards,_

:x :x :x :x :x

• The Canadian navy was the third or fourth largest by the end of the war… and the Canadian airforce was fourth largest allied air force by the end of the war

the RCAF started the war with only 29 front-line fighter and bomber aircraft.[18] The RCAF reached peak strength of 215,000 (all ranks) in January 1944.[19] By the end of the war, the RCAF would be the fourth largest allied air force.[20] Approximately 13,000 RCAF personnel were either killed or died as prisoners of war, and another 4000 died during training or from other causes.[21]   During the war, the RCAF was involved in three areas: the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan (BCATP), home defence, and overseas operations.

Dylan’s comments on French and Polish Forces, I do not agree with however.
    The French resistance was very important to the allied war effort, and many Polish fought on after their country was swallowed by a Russian and German hammer that fell from both sides.

Unlike the First World War, Canadian forces were not led by british generals directly… we fought hard for that right.  Canadian forces were led by Canadians in the Second World War.  We were Commonwealth but independent as well.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

I think in Poland, the calvary was attacking German inf, and then tanks showed up.

You would be wrong to think that. Polish calvary and German tanks never clashed. The Polish horsemen ran like hell when they saw tanks because they weren’t insane.

• @RedHunter:

@calvinhobbesliker:

I think in Poland, the calvary was attacking German inf, and then tanks showed up.

You would be wrong to think that. Polish calvary and German tanks never clashed. The Polish horsemen ran like hell when they saw tanks because they weren’t insane.

You just finished me sentence.I did not mean to imply the cavalry decided to fight the tanks.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m