Imperious leader’s best moves for AAE40/ AAG40:

• Imperious leader’s best moves for AAE40/ AAG40:

Germany:

Germany buys 1 CV and 2 AP

Attacks SZ 109 with 1 Bomber 1 sub
    Attacks SZ 110 with 1 Tactical, 1 Fighter, 2 SS
    Attacks SZ 111 with 1 tactical, 1 Fighter, 2 SS
    Attacks SZ 112 with 1 BB, 1CA, 1 Tactical, 1 Fighter
    Attacks France with 5 tanks, 4 Mechanized, 2 Artillery, 6 Infantry, 1 Fighter

NCM:

3 Tanks and 3 Infantry to Germany
    7 Infantry to Poland
    7 Infantry 5 artillery to Hungary (next turn attack Yugoslavia)
    2 infantry in Norway to Finland
    Transport 2 infantry in Germany to Norway via SZ 113 AP
    Most planes land in Holland or Norway

Place:
    2 AP in SZ 113
    1 CV in SZ 112 with 2 fighters

UK :

They have 29 IPC

Buy 1 CA and 2 DD or 9 Infantry/ save 2 ( if Sealion is threat)

Attack Ethiopia land 2 infantry with UK AP and bring CA for SB
    Bring tank also into battle

NCM:

1 Inf from Sudan to Egypt
    CA to SZ 87
    DD to SZ 76
    1 Infantry and 1 Artillery in Egypt (from Alexandria)
    2 Infantry to Rhodesia
    1 CV, 1 DD to SZ 118
    Note Alexandria should have one infantry
    Tactical bomber to UK (but consider moving it to Egypt)

Place all builds in SZ 118 with 2 fighters on CV

Italy

Buy 1 tank 1 Artillery

Attack south France with 2 Inf and 2 Art
    Attack Tunisia with 2 Inf, 1 Tank, 1 Mechanized
    Attack Alexandria with 4 Inf, 1 Art, 1 Mechanized
    Attack SZ 93 with 1 BB, 1 DD and 2 fighters
    Invade Egypt and Jordan each with 2 Tanks, 2 Infantry and bring 2 CA for SB
    Inf in Somaliland to Kenya

NCM:

I infantry to Bulgaria

Note leave the 1 infantry in Albania. on Italy 2, use these against Greece and or Yugoslavia with 2 tanks and 2 more infantry landed and SB + 2 fighters

Soviet Union

Stalin Line:

Builds
    R1= 8 Infantry, 1 Artillery…. place Art and 2 Inf in Leningrad, rest Moscow
    R2= 3 Tanks, 4 Inf, 1 Artillery ( save one)… place 3 Inf in Leningrad, rest Moscow
    R3= 3 tanks, 2 tactical bombers… place 3 tanks in Leningrad, Tactical bombers in Moscow
    R4= 10 Infantry

NCM for turns 1-3:

Stalin Line setup: ( this is what will be in position by turn G4 German attack)

Karelia 1 infantry
    Vyborg 1 infantry
    Novgorod 4 infantry, 3 tanks, 2 fighters, 1 tactical bomber
    Baltic 1 infantry
    Belarus 15 Infantry, 3 artillery
    Western Ukraine 12 Infantry, 2 artillery
    Bryansk 5 tanks, 2 mechanized
    Russia 2 tactical bombers
    Caucasus 3 infantry ( on R1 Soviets sent one infantry to get the 2 Persia infantry)
    Navy stays, except Soviet sub may move forward

• Your a master.

• Um… am I reading this wrong, or are you leaving the UK wide open for sealion on turn 2?  Germany has 3 Transports now (AP is a transport right?) in range of the UK, and you bought no land units for the UK, nor did you block the German fleet in any way-  You also moved 2 fighters off of UK and put them on the carrier in SZ 118. So what does the UK have? 1 UK Inf, 1 French Inf, 1 Fighter, 1 Tac?  Did I miss something?  Wouldn’t it be better to buy some Infantry to defend the UK?

How can you invade Egypt and Jordan each with 2 Inf, 2 Arm? You only have 2 Transports and 3 Bombards (IF you didn’t lose half your fleet).  If you meant to invade each with 1 Inf, 1 Arm, why do that? You will probably lose that battle and each Ship can only bombard once, not multiple territories. You can have up to 4 Inf, 2 Art, 1 Arm, 1 Ftr, 1 Tac in Egypt to defend.

• Um… am I reading this wrong, or are you leaving the UK wide open for sealion on turn 2?

No these turns are not scripted depending on the player turn before it. These are just optional based on what each player should do. Of course it goes without saying that UK sends the fleet to protect UK if Germany makes those builds, but if they do not then thats what i advise UK do if they don’t face sea-lion.

it is in Germanys best interest to force UK into reflexive moves whenever possible, and CV and 2 AP does this.

Germany has 3 Transports now (AP is a transport right?) in range of the UK, and you bought no land units for the UK, nor did you block the German fleet in any way-  You also moved 2 fighters off of UK and put them on the carrier in SZ 118. So what does the UK have? 1 UK Inf, 1 French Inf, 1 Fighter, 1 Tac?  Did I miss something?  Wouldn’t it be better to buy some Infantry to defend the UK?

Again you are looking at these turns as a connected sequence. This is a mistake. This is optional play based on normal play. Players may not do everything stated, but the moves are the best to produce the best results and not related to the other posted turns.

If Germany goes Sealion, the best way to block is with infantry, my posted move again is only if they don’t because the most FAVORABLE RESULT FOR UK IS IF GERMANY DOES NOT TRY IT.

In fact none of the turn moves are compatible with the player who played before. Again these are optional moves for each nation with all things being equal.

How can you invade Egypt and Jordan each with 2 Inf, 2 Arm? You only have 2 Transports and 3 Bombards (IF you didn’t lose half your fleet).

Italy lands one tank and one inf each with its transports the Cruisers also split ( or not) depending on where British place units. Again these are optional moves. Italy fleet is saved if Germany buys CV and 2 AP. This brings the UK fleet to protect.

Of course of Italy gets smacked you can throw this idea out the window. Again these are optimal ideas for nations. Think in terms of UK leaving Italy entirely alone.

If you meant to invade each with 1 Inf, 1 Arm, why do that? You will probably lose that battle and each Ship can only bombard once, not multiple territories. You can have up to 4 Inf, 2 Art, 1 Arm, 1 Ftr, 1 Tac in Egypt to defend.

Yes but UK wont do that. They need to disburse in order to smash the 3 backdoor pieces south.

Also, to place the entire UK forces in one spot is disaster, as Italy can destroy that. UK cant pull all her forces to Jordan either. If they do this then Italy takes easily Alexandria, Egypt and the 3 infantry in Abyssinia make problems. It is too passive for UK to play with her entire army in one spot. She has to make her kills and weaken the Italians before they combine to crush her. Thats why UK can and should take out the 2 infantry south and not wait for getting killed.

• Sure you mean SZ 118 for UK1?  UK cannot build into SZ 118.

• It looks pretty good. I’m going to try these out.

What purchases do you suggest for US during peacetime? Are you focusing on a massive navy with a few land units and transports? My buys would be (during the three turns of peace) 1CV, 1fig, 1 tac, 3 trns, 3arm, 3inf. I’m not sure if I need more anti-sub ships or bombard ships. Any thoughts?

• @Imperious:

UK :

They have 29 or 27 IPC based on German sub in SZ 109

Imperious one question: did german subs subtract IPC in the UK collect income phase? Not in the purchase phase… or i’was wrong?

1. German sub stationed in convoy zone. (GERMAN TURN)

(UK TURN)

1. UK purchase phase, it spend 29 IPC

2. UK collect income phase, german sub is still in the convoy zone despite an English sortie with a failed destroyer attack, UK collect 27 IPC (2 less).

• Am I missing something, isn’t there one more German fighter that could help with the attacks on G1, I’m sure there are 8 German planes in total…

• Hey IL,
    you only posted NCM for Soviets, What would be your buys and unit placement?

• '22

Hey Imp,

What does Ap mean?

I am confused all the time with new names for ships etc.

There are BS,SS DS,AC,CR,TR, what I used too know…

• @GoekaWar:

Hey Imp,

What does Ap mean?

I am confused all the time with new names for ships etc.

There are BS,SS DS,AC,CR,TR, what I used too know…

AP is naval terminology for Transport.

• I disagree with a few things, but I want to comment mainly that Italy should be given as much of the Balkans as possible…let Italy align Bulgaria, no reason to give this to Germany.  The economic benefit(incl 4INF) to Italy is much greater percentage-wise, and helps Italy take down Greece for another NO(assuming they take Egypt).  I would even let Italy take Yugo the first real chance they can manage it…I2?

• @Imperious:

Um… am I reading this wrong, or are you leaving the UK wide open for sealion on turn 2?

No these turns are not scripted depending on the player turn before it. These are just optional based on what each player should do. Of course it goes without saying that UK sends the fleet to protect UK if Germany makes those builds, but if they do not then thats what i advise UK do if they don’t face sea-lion.

it is in Germanys best interest to force UK into reflexive moves whenever possible, and CV and 2 AP does this.

Germany has 3 Transports now (AP is a transport right?) in range of the UK, and you bought no land units for the UK, nor did you block the German fleet in any way-  You also moved 2 fighters off of UK and put them on the carrier in SZ 118. So what does the UK have? 1 UK Inf, 1 French Inf, 1 Fighter, 1 Tac?  Did I miss something?  Wouldn’t it be better to buy some Infantry to defend the UK?

Again you are looking at these turns as a connected sequence. This is a mistake. This is optional play based on normal play. Players may not do everything stated, but the moves are the best to produce the best results and not related to the other posted turns.

If Germany goes Sealion, the best way to block is with infantry, my posted move again is only if they don’t because the most FAVORABLE RESULT FOR UK IS IF GERMANY DOES NOT TRY IT.

In fact none of the turn moves are compatible with the player who played before. Again these are optional moves for each nation with all things being equal.

How can you invade Egypt and Jordan each with 2 Inf, 2 Arm? You only have 2 Transports and 3 Bombards (IF you didn’t lose half your fleet).

Italy lands one tank and one inf each with its transports the Cruisers also split ( or not) depending on where British place units. Again these are optional moves. Italy fleet is saved if Germany buys CV and 2 AP. This brings the UK fleet to protect.

Of course of Italy gets smacked you can throw this idea out the window. Again these are optimal ideas for nations. Think in terms of UK leaving Italy entirely alone.

If you meant to invade each with 1 Inf, 1 Arm, why do that? You will probably lose that battle and each Ship can only bombard once, not multiple territories. You can have up to 4 Inf, 2 Art, 1 Arm, 1 Ftr, 1 Tac in Egypt to defend.

Yes but UK wont do that. They need to disburse in order to smash the 3 backdoor pieces south.

Also, to place the entire UK forces in one spot is disaster, as Italy can destroy that. UK cant pull all her forces to Jordan either. If they do this then Italy takes easily Alexandria, Egypt and the 3 infantry in Abyssinia make problems. It is too passive for UK to play with her entire army in one spot. She has to make her kills and weaken the Italians before they combine to crush her. Thats why UK can and should take out the 2 infantry south and not wait for getting killed.

Gotcha, thought these were in sequence, but now it makes sense.

• I would never move the British CL away from the med. 50% chance of hitting an Italian ship and deny SB’s, so Egypt and Jordania are less likely to fall.

• IL….Place all builds in SZ 118 with 2 fighters on CV  ?  Is this sz next to a UK factory?

If u mean SZ 110.  Would the G2 naval attack and Sea Lion turn be this?

Germany: sz 112       BB,CA, CV, 2 Fig.
    help On land nearby 2 Tact, 1 Bomber.   assume no subs left

Vs

UK: sz 109    CA,CV, 2 fig 3 DD
    ======================== looks roughly 75% naval victory with a 75-80% land victory  ?  
    I must have missed something.

• Sure you mean SZ 118 for UK1?  UK cannot build into SZ 118.

Typo. i meant SZ 110 with the block fleet

Germany: sz 112      BB,CA, CV, 2 Fig.
    help On land nearby 2 Tact, 1 Bomber.  assume no subs left

Vs

UK: sz 109    CA,CV, 2 fig 3 DD

Uk fleet ( with 29 purchase )  is 1 CV, 2 fighters, 1 CA, 3 DD  vs. 1 BB, 1 CA, and planes. UK has 8 hit fleet and Germany will have a damaged BB and 2 hit fleet plus the planes. If they commit 6 of their planes  ( they only have 4 fighters , 3 tactical, 1 Bomber)  leaving 2 for sealion.

UK has 2 inf and 2 planes. In view of this It might work out better for UK to buy 2 DD and 4 Infantry= 29 IPC.

If UK does not buy a fleet and or does not block at SZ 110, she can buy 9 infantry as stated. This carte blanche for Germany makes the attack easier for Germany.

I disagree with a few things, but I want to comment mainly that Italy should be given as much of the Balkans as possible…let Italy align Bulgaria, no reason to give this to Germany.  The economic benefit(incl 4INF) to Italy is much greater percentage-wise, and helps Italy take down Greece for another NO(assuming they take Egypt).  I would even let Italy take Yugo the first real chance they can manage it…I2?

Yes your right! i will edit the post to reflect this. They need it more and it will help them in Yugoslavia

you only posted NCM for Soviets, What would be your buys and unit placement?

Soviets not entirely complete, but expect armor. Soviets should defend border with nothing and have a huge pile of attack force in Belarus and West Ukraine plus one block force in Leningrad front.

IN AAE40 its 28 IPC and 37 in G40. Think we need 2 tanks, 1 tactical bomber, 1 art, 1 inf. IN G40 3 tanks, 1 tactical, 1 fighter

What purchases do you suggest for US during peacetime? Are you focusing on a massive navy with a few land units and transports? My buys would be (during the three turns of peace) 1CV, 1fig, 1 tac, 3 trns, 3arm, 3inf. I’m not sure if I need more anti-sub ships or bombard ships. Any thoughts?

US not done yet

Am I missing something, isn’t there one more German fighter that could help with the attacks on G1, I’m sure there are 8 German planes in total…

4 fighters, 3 tactical, 1 bomber. The fighter is missing in the attack on France. ill correct that

UK collect income phase, german sub is still in the convoy zone despite an English sortie with a failed destroyer attack, UK collect 27 IPC (2 less).

Yes possibly.

AP= Transport

• @Imperious:

how does bomber from germany reach SZ109
    i thought:
    no air base 6 moves
    1 to west germany
    1 to holland
    1 to 110
    1 to 109
    1 to attack (we have been playing you have to attack with plane when against navy is this wrong?)
    1 to 110
    1 to land in holland

• @herman88:

@Imperious:

how does bomber from germany reach SZ109
    i thought:
    no air base 6 moves
    1 to west germany
    1 to holland
    1 to 110
    1 to 109
    1 to attack (we have been playing you have to attack with plane when against navy is this wrong?)
    1 to 110
    1 to land in holland

The bomber can’t reach that right? It’s in east germany

• Attacks SZ 109 with 1 Bomber 1 sub

4 and 2 against 2. Whats the flaw? You want the fighter in it too for over kill?

The fighter can save potential German loses of armor in Paris.

• @Imperious:

4 and 2 against 2. Whats the flaw? You want the fighter in it too for over kill?

The fighter can save potential German loses of armor in Paris.

Bomber can’t reach. It’s in (East) Germany, which has no airbase. Same thing as when you advocated attacking the carrier fleet with 2 SS, 1 bmr G1

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m