Differences between Alpha 3 and second Ed

• Hi guys,
    Since i can’t find the rules and that axisandallies.org is taking time to lets us know,
    Can someone tell the differences?
    What are the political rules, same?
    Are the rules for AA, bombing, etc the same as those of alpha3 on harris game design site???

• TripleA

same. I was hoping for a change or two. The allies just lack flexibility, which takes the fun out of playing the allies for me. Rolling dice with china is fun, but not much skirmishing going on in the rest of the board.

Maybe I am just an aggressive player so the axis is more for me.

• Sponsor

So there is no change to the amount of British infantry in Egypt?

• In Global Edition, you remove one UK infrantry from Egypt and add 2 ANZAC. (So one less UK inf in Egypt.)

• TripleA

there is no change, ignore what warlord said. the -1 uk inf and +2 anzac is referring to europe -> global. Alpha 3 and the new release are the same things. I think some territories were combined, but that is it. Like that 0 ipc spot canada has is merged I believe. No real impact on the game, just done to make the board look prettier. Also africa lost the 0 ipc territories just merged into the 1 dolla ones.

Sea zone lines are clearer… simple stuff that is it.

• @Cow:

there is no change, ignore what warlord said. the -1 uk inf and +2 anzac is referring to europe -> global. Alpha 3 and the new release are the same things.

In Alpha 3 it is (apart from other units) 2 UK Inf in Egypt.

In Europe 40.2 it is (apart from other units) 2 UK Inf in Egypt. For Global 40.2 remove 1 UK Inf ( and add 2 ANZAC Inf).

So compared to Alpha 3 it is one UK Inf less in Egypt !
    So there is a change !
    It has been confirmed by Krieghund on Larry’s site and is widely discussed on this forum.

• TripleA

Okay +3 more ipc to the usual 12 allies bid. Makes no difference to me. Kind of lame because that 3 more ipc would go to a more strategic spot like right below it to smack ethiopia with better odds.

mmm, that is fine. I might see more crazy korea attacks.

I wish the developers would post some of their games if they are doing it online. I really want to see the logic in -1 inf for egypt in an already axis stacked game. Too many people complained about Italy sucking I guess, but they never hear the tears of UK hitting the floor. London should start with more money to defend itself, 37 starting income seems more reasonable. 9 inf fighter.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m