• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Hi guys,

I just recently bought AA50 and was unpacking it yesterday. I discovered that most of my Italian navy pieces are defective! It looks like they either got too hot when they were being made or were not completely cool when they left the mould. The bow of the battleships is bent upward and the destroyers are curved. They are completely unusable. Who do I go to now for replacement parts? Has anyone else had this problem? I will finish inspecting the rest of my pieces today.

Kriegshund or IL, HELP??!!

• Official Q&A

Contact Wizards Customer Service at the telephone number on the back of the Rulebook, or by e-mail here.  They should fix you right up.

Thanks Krieg! I wasn’t sure they would be able to help since its still technically OOP.

I finished going through all the pieces… do I have THE MOST DEFECTIVE SET EVER???

I had a total of 26 improperly moulded pieces ( curved or not enough plastic ) and one missing carrier. All axis pieces. CHECK YOUR GAMES PEOPLE!

I will let you know what they do for me.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Can’t!  To check it I’d have to open the factory shrink-wrap which would reduce the value of the game!

• i had this too and in a week new pieces arrived.

Thanks for the help all. I contacted them and they said they will ship the new pieces out to me.

I sure am glad I found you guys!  :lol: :-D

• Each nation in my set has at least one crapilly molded figure.

A lancaster with no tail section, tanks with stubby guns, a russian fighter with small wings and more.

Quality control on the pieces was pretty low me thinks.

WOTC game through like Krieg said they would! About a week and a half later, I now have perfect replacements in my hand. Thanks guys!

• If you have no use for the melted pieces, let me know :D I’m sure me and my friends will have a lot of funny stories to make with those defective pieces :D

That is, if you haven’t sent them those pieces in order to get new ones :S

Robert

• all you do is call them up. you don’t send in any pieces. They just send you what is messed up. Thats what i did to get more Italian cruisers.  Just call them and get it over with.

• Somebody call for me -.-

But in all honesty, I’m just asking Variable :) If he has no use for his defective piece, I can certainly use them (willing to pay shipping -.-)

Robert

They were in pretty useless shape. The stern of the the Japanese subs was pointed straight down, the bow of the Italian battleships were pointed straight up. The legs of some of my Italian infantry were so thin, they looked like rejects from a Tim Burton movie… :-o A couple of destroyers looked like they had been t-boned by an aircraft carrier, they were so crooked.

Sorry though, after receiving the pieces and checking I had replacements for everything, I sent them all to the round file. I shouldn’t have been so selfish :cry:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m