• Colors are only part of the bmp. When you start changing territory shapes and sizes, you’ll need to adjust SektorInfo.map/bmp. If you want to change name or properties of a territory, you’ll need to adjust SektorInfo.sek/txt.

So in short: to adjust colors, you’ll only need to adjust map.bmp ;)

• @HolKann:

Colors are only part of the bmp. When you start changing territory shapes and sizes, you’ll need to adjust SektorInfo.map/bmp. If you want to change name or properties of a territory, you’ll need to adjust SektorInfo.sek/txt.

So in short: to adjust colors, you’ll only need to adjust map.bmp ;)

Thank you. One far day I will have learned the secrets of ABattlemap ;-)

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Kewlies, that’ll work.  I use the old pieces, so I had to play around again with the colors also went ahead and color matched the Italian territories because I could.

For those of you not aware, the colors on one PC do not have to match the colors on the other PC for the program to work.  Even the icon’s don’t have to match.  When you open it on your computer you’ll see the icons and colors that you have.

If anyone wants, I can send them my units/map but you can easily do those yourself too.

• There is also the simple solution that I am using for the German/Italy AA guns. I opened up the tool pieces in paint and using the eyedropper tool and bucket tool I changed the White background on The Italian AA guns to the light gray of the Italian pieces. And it took about as long for me to do as to type that.

• Hello,
    You all have an awesome sight here, this is my 1st post. I am not able to get access to download the ABattlemap. It will not allow me any access to register as a member. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?
    Thanks for your help!

• @Joe:

Hello,
    You all have an awesome sight here, this is my 1st post. I am not able to get access to download the ABattlemap. It will not allow me any access to register as a member. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?
    Thanks for your help!

Welcome Joe!

You’re doing nothing wrong, there’s something going wrong at www.flames-of-europe.de where you’re supposed to be able to download the ABattleMap program. I’ve rerouted the link to the www.daak.de download, so it should be fine now. Just try clicking the links in the first post again, and if there are any further problems, don’t hesitate to ask (after using the search ofcourse ;) ).

@Cmdr:

Kewlies, that’ll work.  I use the old pieces, so I had to play around again with the colors also went ahead and color matched the Italian territories because I could.

If anyone wants, I can send them my units/map but you can easily do those yourself too.

I want 8-)  Just to compare with the current pieces, because if yours are better, they should be implemented in the modules :)

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Kay, just fire an email to me, Holkann (isfcco@hotmail.com) cause I forgot what your addy was.

• what do you  think about fleet markers?

What exactly do you mean? Like those things used in AAR FTF?

sorry i only know AA50. i agree that having the units in place looks cool, but its really annoying moving big naval groups bit by bit ( i know CRTL / Shift function ;) )
    i though of something like this.  now u could place jap F1 marker in sz and the actual fleet plus F1 marker in … um… mongolia :D, UK fleets go to sahara  :mrgreen:

( i also changed bombers ( with bombs  :evil:) and AC ( make thicker)  thx to P@nther for input! )

BigPieces.bmp.txt

• Thanks HolKann! Your Help is apprieciated!

• I know this is a little off topic, but has someone created a “Big Pieces” bmp file that is compatible with Pacific? The one I use with AA50 scrambles the country designations on the AAP map.

Thanks in advance!

• @atarihuana:

what do you  think about fleet markers?

What exactly do you mean? Like those things used in AAR FTF?

sorry i only know AA50. i agree that having the units in place looks cool, but its really annoying moving big naval groups bit by bit ( i know CRTL / Shift function ;) )
    i though of something like this.  now u could place jap F1 marker in sz and the actual fleet plus F1 marker in … um… mongolia :D, UK fleets go to sahara  :mrgreen:

( i also changed bombers ( with bombs  :evil:) and AC ( make thicker)  thx to P@nther for input! )

You’re welcome :-)

I think the idea of fleet-markers is great. It reminds me of the old marshaling circles and cards I read about here:
    http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/bb2/viewtopic.php?t=1702&sid=f8cee6efbf1d2010c0b3941857d1f928

• HELP!!!

I’m in a tournament game and I am having trouble getting the toolbar to show all of a sudden.  I opened it and it wasn’t there.  I tried downloading it again and restarting my computer and it doesn’t show.  I’m gonna try reinstalling it again (good thing the maps are saved on the forum).  I have the file and it says that it is turned “on” but it doesn’t show.  The infobar is showing but not the toolbar.  Can anyone help??? :-(

Questioneer

• Nevermind- reinstalled it- works fine.

Hot tip- keep your map files saved on the forum every turn!!!

• Most issues with ABattleMap will be solved when deleting only the ABattleMap.ini

With the next start of ABattleMap the ABattleMap.ini will be created again with all windows arranged by default.

• has anyone tried to customize the map’s for Abattlemap,
    i have changed mine to different shades of green, and the sea zone’s to blue, it look’s something like the AA50 board, i can write the names of the territories and sea zones over the color

• @d142:

has anyone tried to customize the map’s for Abattlemap,
    i have changed mine to different shades of green, and the sea zone’s to blue, it look’s something like the AA50 board, i can write the names of the territories and sea zones over the color

Would you please post an image? Would be interesting :-)

• the map file is too big to post

• @d142:

the map file is too big to post

Why not resize it / convert it to jpg or use mediafire.com ?
    HTH :-)

• here is the map, the quality of the image is altered, because i have superimposed the image of a battleship to the map, and decreased the size of the picture to fit the attachment file capacity

Map.JPG

• Hey guys.  I just downloaded this program but the resolution of the map is bigger than my screen.  Is there a way to scroll the map or to resize it?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m