• Hey, this is my first post; I have a question regarding sea unit placement… If enemy sea units occupy a sea zone which is adjacent to a territory with your I/C, can you still place your own sea units there?  Thanks!

• yes, now kreighund will tell you the same

• When you purchase say a battleship or destroyer in the beginning of your turn and when you go ahead and place them at the end, do you have to put them next to a territory where you have an IC or can you place them anywhere on the board?

also, if say the UK take a transport and a tank along with a sub and attack the solomon islands where the japs have just 2 infantry there and a transport, does the sub only get one shot?  and what if the japs hang tough and kill the tank and UK is only left with a transport and sub, is the battle over at that point?

• @kfgolfer:

When you purchase say a battleship or destroyer in the beginning of your turn and when you go ahead and place them at the end, do you have to put them next to a territory where you have an IC or can you place them anywhere on the board?

The boats must be placed in a sea zone adjacent to an IC

@kfgolfer:

also, if say the UK take a transport and a tank along with a sub and attack the solomon islands where the japs have just 2 infantry there and a transport, does the sub only get one shot?  and what if the japs hang tough and kill the tank and UK is only left with a transport and sub, is the battle over at that point?

These are two separate battles.  the sea zone and the land territory are different spaces on the map, even in cases where a sea-zone completely surrounds an island.  You must win the battle in the sea zone first with your transport surviving (and your ground troops as non-participating cargo), then you must fight a second battle for the amphibious assault against the ground troops (the boats may not participate in this land battle).

• Here’s another question… Can a trn move after it has dropped off its troups (as long as it has not move 2 spaces yet)?

• Official Q&A

@TimTheEnchanter:

@kfgolfer:

When you purchase say a battleship or destroyer in the beginning of your turn and when you go ahead and place them at the end, do you have to put them next to a territory where you have an IC or can you place them anywhere on the board?

The boats must be placed in a sea zone adjacent to an IC

I’ll add here that the sea units placed adjacent to an IC count against its production capacity.  For example, if the German player places a battleship in the Baltic Sea, he or she may only place nine land and/or air units in Germany.

• Official Q&A

@captainjack:

Here’s another question… Can a trn move after it has dropped off its troups (as long as it has not move 2 spaces yet)?

No.  Once a transport unloads, its move is over.  It may not move, load or unload again in the same turn.

• @Krieghund:

@captainjack:

Here’s another question… Can a trn move after it has dropped off its troups (as long as it has not move 2 spaces yet)?

No.  Once a transport unloads, its move is over.  It may not move, load or unload again in the same turn.

altough it isnt that important; but i thought that it can load, even after ending its movement

• Official Q&A

It can load after moving, but not after unloading.

• @Krieghund:

It can load after moving, but not after unloading.

You re correct.

Thank you.

• However, I can not find a reason that would recommend you load a transport after it has moved, when you could load it without penalty at the beginning of your next turn.

• What was ment is that a transport can move its alotted two movement spaces and then pick up and unload. An example would be a transport coming from seazone 36 off of French Indochina to seazone 60 off Japan and loading two infantry and offloading them to Buryatia.

• @dinosaur:

However, I can not find a reason that would recommend you load a transport after it has moved, when you could load it without penalty at the beginning of your next turn.

well, it could be a situation in which you desperately need land units to conquer enemy territories, and the only available are under threat of your opponents forces; so you get them on board to safeguard them from enemy fire :wink:

but, it would be a rare exception, maybe alongside some others, which i didnt mention here

but, its ILLEGAL so, its no much use of discussing the issue

• but a nation can load units on tras after its turn finishes, but before the next one begins.

the exception is loading units of your allied forces upon your ship/s  8-)

• 2007 AAR League

@dinosaur:

However, I can not find a reason that would recommend you load a transport after it has moved, when you could load it without penalty at the beginning of your next turn.

There is an obscure rule that I’ve never seen used where you would want to load transports at the end of movement.  During an amphibous assault all units that were loaded during that combat move must participate, however if the transport started it’s turn loaded you can land just one of the units aboard.  I’ve never come across a situation where you would want to do this.

See “Transports” pages 10-11 & 29-30 LHTR 2.0

• A typical situation for this would be Japan trying to bombard the west coast, you have to bring the troops via trn, but you dont want to send more than one inf a turn, assuming you want to do this for multiple turns, you have to load the trn (e.g. with troops from hawai) in the NCM of the turn before you start your attack…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m