Historical Board Gaming's Shipping Prices

• I could not find a fitting place to discuss this so please point me to a better page if you find one. I apologize in advance

What’s up with HBG and their shipping prices lately? I was planning on buying some things from them (All 4 of Global’s board and the GW Manchukuo expansion to be specific) and it seems that their shipping prices have skyrocketed since I last bought from them. It was $28 for something that should’ve been $29.50, totaling to $57.95. Does anyone know why? I added other things in my cart and tried all sorts of combinations but its still $28. When I add a single infantry to my cart (Which is $0.75) it was $8.10 for shipping.

• '20 '19 '18

Last time I placed an order with HBG (a couple of weeks ago), shipping prices were unchanged. With gas prices rising dramatically, shipping prices will likely follow. That said, the prices you quoted seem quite high. I’d contact HBG to double-check before placing your order.

• @TheAandAClassicDude:

I could not find a fitting place to discuss this so please point me to a better page if you find one. I apologize in advance

What’s up with HBG and their shipping prices lately? I was planning on buying some things from them (All 4 of Global’s board and the GW Manchukuo expansion to be specific) and it seems that their shipping prices have skyrocketed since I last bought from them. It was $28 for something that should’ve been $29.50, totaling to $57.95. Does anyone know why? I added other things in my cart and tried all sorts of combinations but its still $28. When I add a single infantry to my cart (Which is $0.75) it was $8.10 for shipping.

I just placed an order and it was only $4.00 for First Class Mail for shipping costs.
    I did have to refresh my shipping costs. It was telling me it could not reconize the shipping costs. You may be on Fed Ex shipping costs.
    so thats why your costs are high. I did click on Fed Ex and cost went way up to your numbers your talking about.

• '18 '17 '16

The reason your shipping cost is so high is because of the boards that you are ordering. Shipping is based on the size of the package + weight and the boards will need a large box as opposed to the small white boxes that you have probably received in the past. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the price of the items. The shipping cost is set by the US Postal Service.

• I didnt know what he meant by boards. You should call coach and see if u can get a deal on shipping. I believe he is being charged shipping for ea board. I once bought 3 maps and got a deal on shipping all together.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I think an important question to ask is where do you live?

If you are having shipping issues or concerns email or call coach.  He’s very personable and epic when it comes to customer service.

• '18 '17 '16

@SS:

I didnt know what he meant by boards. You should call coach and see if u can get a deal on shipping. I believe he is being charged shipping for ea board. I once bought 3 maps and got a deal on shipping all together.

The size of the box would be the same for 1 board or 4 boards. I get deliveries all of the time in the mail and I’ve sent out a number of prizes of various sizes in the mail. It’s unbelievable how much more expensive that it is for a box that size. Again, it has nothing to do with how many boards there are he’s not getting charged separately for each one. He’s getting charged by the USPS for the size of the package and the weight of the package, plus as Garg says where it is being delivered.

• I am saying when I ordered it it was for ea map. He cut me a deal. Because size is same but more weight where the difference was cheaper than ea board shipping cost.

• Thanks GHG for clearing it all up. It seems he’s right. To answer the question of where I live, well, I’d rather not.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m