• '21 '20 '18 '17

Japan passes hawaii at peace
    Germany Italy join up and cross the atlantic via gibraltar on G3
    Take over Panama canal
    Japan comes thru
    both axis stay at peace until the turn 3 iirc
    cant usu be stopped by allies if they don’t know its coming
    Probably can’t take DC unless they’re a total noob but you can hammer their money and blow their mind (then russia and UK tear you apart)

Operation Hollywood gl hf

• '21 '20 '18 '17

we discussed this at length last year you can enter SZ 26 and stand with the US, then you go to SZ 28 then germany takes the canal you join them in SZ 89

“Japan may not end the movement of its sea units within 2 sea zones of the United States’ mainland territories (Western United States and Alaska).” and the counting starts with SZ 10 so it cannot be IN any sea space to wit 1 2 3 8 9 10 11 12 but it can be in other spaces

That’s at how i understood our very lengthy and contentious discussion, and dave came up with this strategy as a result.  I never noticed it until the community persuasively argued that Japan can stand at peace in SZ 26 with the US (even for 2 turns).  Its cheezy, but it appears legal based on that discussion, if im wrong I’m happy to be corrected…

• So it doesn’t matter than in sz 64 (west coast of the canal) Japan is within 2 spaces of Central U.S., for example?  (in sz 64, only SE Mexico is between Japan and Central U.S.)

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Mr. singer- it says 2 SEA ZONES.  As far as I understood our debate, this strategy is legal, though not particularly easy to pull off.  Again, I could be wrong, but that’s what I took away from our group discussion.

• '17

This is a one trick pony.

This is a gimmicky strategy that could only be employed against a noob (like I was at the time) who doesn’t yet understand how to think several moves ahead how can openers support the next Axis country 1-2 turns later.

Use US blockers, even if it means throwing away a carrier.

Buy ground units. Fill up the 9 purchase slots with a fighter, 2 tanks, and infantry. The Axis lose.

https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=39672.0

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@simon33:

Axis win the game if they hold DC for a whole round. Not in the rules but may as well be. Never happened that I know of.

At YG’s TG6CON tournament, Variance and I sacked and held Washington (on Round 12 or 13?) against YG’s home team the Cliffside Commando’s.

The allies were completely obliterated everywhere else though; with nothing left anywhere else on the board.   LOL the US hid their last capital ships in the hudsons bay to try to deny us the final point.

There is a screenshot from the game in this flex video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0JXYqxGGnY Around 0:52-0:56; showing their fleets attempts to survive until the 10:00PM game cut off.

Needless to say they failed. :)

• If Axis forces capture DC, I don’t see how the allies can liberate it unless Axis did it against a dumb US player with something like a loose transport and an infantry. Because Germany is the most likely nation to get to DC and let’s say the pull off a full invasion, that means that only UK can liberate them and there is no way they can get enough forces from London and Canada to pull that off which leaves Japan free to do whatever on their side.

• I think taking Washington is possible but holding it is what is almost impossible.If you don’t take eastern United States and central United States or Western United States because if enough us forces are in those territory’s especially tanks they can just roll over you cause the axis are most likely not going to have very many units there cause it’s always just some loose units. the Canadian factory in Quebec can be used to liberate Washington or the uk player can build in London and amphibiously liberate but their is a chance that the axis and capture Ottawa and the Quebec factory if undefended.

• @Sgt:

I think taking Washington is possible but holding it is what is almost impossible.If you don’t take eastern United States and central United States or Western United States because if enough us forces are in those territory’s especially tanks they can just roll over you cause the axis are most likely not going to have very many units there cause it’s always just some loose units. the Canadian factory in Quebec can be used to liberate Washington or the uk player can build in London and amphibiously liberate but their is a chance that the axis and capture Ottawa and the Quebec factory if undefended.

I don’t see how the Allies can liberate DC because as I said, if Germany does it, that means it has to destroy Home Fleet to get to DC which means that without US having income, Canada cannot produce enough to counter a full invasion on DC and Germany at this point will have more income than UK with a navy and army to counter.

• I don’t see how the Allies can liberate DC because as I said, if Germany does it, that means it has to destroy Home Fleet to get to DC which means that without US having income, Canada cannot produce enough to counter a full invasion on DC and Germany at this point will have more income than UK with a navy and army to counter.
    Well now I see your point if Germany reaches Washington I think the allies should just surrender at that point cause if they keep going the axis will have extra money to get the economy token if playing with grasshoppers tokens.Or with stock rules the axis control Berlin Rome Warsaw Paris Tokyo Shanghai Manila Hong Kong possibilitie London Cairo and Washington and maybe Ottawa

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m