Reference Sheet Income vs. Map Printed Territory Value

• I find it slightly awkward in mid-game to check IPP income for a nation, especially if they have lost over half their territories.
    The vanilla war income that nations get doesn’t always equal the printed value of the territories, or the value of territories + convoy value. The fact that a couple nations have this and others don’t means that the confusion gets multiplied.

The only blanket solution is to start with the reference sheet value and then deduct for each captured territory. Which can be a tedious process if the nation has nearly capitulated.

Has anyone figured out a mathematical explanation of the United Kingdom’s seemingly arbitrary number for their vanilla war income? Am I missing something?
    It makes sense that a conquering nation does not benefit as much from a territory as the conquered nation.

I plan on asking on the FAQ, but I don’t feel like scrolling for pages to check if it hasn’t been asked before.

• I actually just asked this on the FAQ. It was about CCP though. HBG have yet to respond.

• '17

Jinx

What version of the game are you referring to? 1936 or 1939

I have 1936-1945.
    and noticed that the wartime income from ccp is 1939 setup income 3 points. In 1936 ccp has one territory for 2 points, and in 1939 they added Sichuan a second territory worth 1 extra point giving ccp 3 points.
    EDIT: I’m incorrect this extra landzone has 0 value, income still 2.
    Same for japan whose starting income is its starting territory value in 1936 of 16 points (should be their wartime income 1936). wartime income listed is the same as territory value of 1939 setup with chunks of china added for 22 points.

Feels like another editing error similar to  others on their reference sheets and rules.
    Until 1939 setups are edited we are sticking to 1936 setup.

• Like wise my group and I want to play the 39 set up but there is to many errors in the set up.

• It’s crazy how many errors there are.
    The way I see it, if they want to sell product they need to have a foundation set first on rules. They need to polish it, get rid of contradictions and loopholes, get rid of errors, and perhaps explain a bit.

Like what’s up with the Soviet Convoy Line??? What’s it worth???

• Its worth the ability to send Lend Lease to the Soviets and its like a place meant so you can visually see …other wise they would have placed a trade route for everyone and that would have taken away from the map.

• '17

Send them a list of errors, they are not lightning fast but an update will be out eventually with corrections. I can see how 2 versions(start dates) on one reference sheet leads to this type of issue . Hbg seems to be receptive to constructive criticism if it improves the product. Hense updated rules. And remember this isnt their only job… so it takes time like my house renos on weekends lol

Im also more interested in the freedom of 1936 version. Russia has time to build a fleet or anything else may be tried. Allows more freedom from the static war footing of 1939. More variety of strategy and game play.

And we just fudge up a rule we can vote in. If its good it stays if not it’s out.  Find this more efficient and effective for us to have fun and adjust realism vs flow and speed of games.

• '13

Spoke to HBG a few days ago as we were trying to figure things out in advance of playing our first game. They know about the many v1.2 errors and inconsistencies and expect an update to be posted within the next few weeks.

• '17

I’m in the process of expanding income on the map [HBG 1936]. Eliminating all zero IPP land zones or just Pacific islands. Currently not 100% on the exact mechanism to achieve this and not ruin the ballance. I’m searching house rules forum for ideas that are tested at the moment…

However I have discovered a discrepancy on the US income during this process.
    US National Reference Sheet: wartime income/value of territories = 56 IPP.

I just triple checked my math again…  and find the above sheet’s quote to be false.
    Total US territories=30
    US territories with zero value=6
    Added up the face value of US territories with roundel on 1936 map=63
    Eastern Us map side=43 IPP and Western US map side=20

Feel free to contest this. It’s entirely possible I’ve made a mistake. Or have a different version of map/national sheets, if that’s a possibility I’d want to know it!

• '17

HBG has confirmed this. And will have it corrected in future updated US sheets.

• '17 Customizer

I am holding off on buying.  It just seems like it is too Beta.  Also the map 1) it needs bases, factories, etc printed on the map (like Grasshopper 1940), 2) the IPC territory #s look way to small.  I can imagine them getting covered very easily.  Sounds like there might be another map released in 2019 (kinda far off).

• @sjelso:

I am holding off on buying.  It just seems like it is too Beta.

My group has been playing the game for more than a year. In its current form it is very solid/polished.
    … And far more balanced than anything A&A.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

@Munck:

@sjelso:

I am holding off on buying.  It just seems like it is too Beta.

My group has been playing the game for more than a year. In its current form it is very solid/polished.
    … And far more balanced than anything A&A.

I agree Munck. sjelso, while there certainly are errors that need fixing, it most definitely is not “too Beta”. They’ve thought a lot of this out. I think some of their issue was having things implied in their minds, that really aren’t implied to everyone else in the same way. If you want the buy the game, it’s worth doing now still despite issues to be fixed.

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '10

Concur. The game from reading is awesome and watching g folks on YouTube. My first foray on it should be this upcoming weekend or so. (Have to finish some door hanging and remodeling first.)

I have a few questions that I am compiling. I have things I think I can assume but will look for clarification on what others think. Minor things.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

@thenorthman:

Concur. The game from reading is awesome and watching g folks on YouTube. My first foray on it should be this upcoming weekend or so. (Have to finish some door hanging and remodeling first.)

I have a few questions that I am compiling. I have things I think I can assume but will look for clarification on what others think. Minor things.

Definitely post questions in the forum or at the Global War page. I’m sure we’ll be able to knock them out together!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m