Sired's Map project - Updated- 4/16 - files available see first post

• '17 '16 Customizer

Thanks for the feedback, as for ww1, I surprisingly liked it, I’ve been told so much negative, I wasn’t expecting much, I’d play again though.

I’m on my phone, tried to look at your pic, will do when I get home.

• Just wow !
    Your map looks beautiful. I love your choice and work for the sea and coast lines.
    The map is homogeneous and the choice to add other cities and the name of the seas is a very good idea. The font selection looks great too.
    The style of the map is original; for me, you have made the right balance between the vintage map (without going into the fantasy land) and the modern era.
    Do you know the Cartographer Guild website? I also take a look because I am also making a custom map.
    I finished the decks cards, the reference cards, the objectives, etc … I am impatient to share and have your feelings as soon as I can post pictures on the forum.

See you !

• Looks really great.

• '17 '16 Customizer

Thanks for the feedback! I know it’s not for everyone, but for those who like it, your gonna love it! Thanks for the pic of the water, I’m a little torn, but I don’t mind having 2 versions. More pics this weekend, pacific side is about done.

• I just feel a slight difference between the land and water makes a map “pop” visually.

Everything becomes readily recognizable. (especially since we’ve all stared at this view of the world since the mid 80’s)

Subtlety is the key though, keeping it weighted against your land mass treatment.

looking forward to your next image post.

I’m one of the few who like the older treatment of the map before they got all PS crazy with textures.

• '17 '16 Customizer

PACIFIC side is complete (for the most part)

Changes and fixes are as follows-

-All coastlines redone
    -All Islands redone to actually look like the islands being represented…… Formosa looks like Formosa, Iwo Jima, Fiji, etc.
    -Honolulu moved to correct Island
    -Calcutta moved to proper location
    -Anhwe is now spelled correctly which is Anhwei
    -Hopei is now spelled correctly which is Hopeh
    -Ocean and Sea names added
    -Some Cities added to make it more like a map
    -Burma road more correctly identified
    -Soviet Far East IPC was dropped due to a Europe side edit
    -Union jack roundels used to represent UKP
    -ANZAC roundels replaced with Australian to match my roundels on my units.
    -New convoy marker
    -New Kamikaze marker
    -New standing army marker
    -Cavalry unit added to Mongolia (we use cavalry for Mongolia and china, been meaning to do a vid about it)
    -Fonts changed to better represent the era of the map
    -Colors to better represent the era of the map
    -Canadian roundel added to Western Canada
    -Mobilization zone removed… we never use that
    -SZ numbers relocated to corners of SZ

Im sure there is more, but that all I can think of, all I have left is maybe align a few things better as I carefully look it over, and also the impassable area, not sure what I want to do yet.

Europe side is about done, should be next weekend, please take some time and look for errors, thanks!

• Sweet now that you got all the stuff on map. Love the Burma Road !

More details like that on a map for me is awesome.

• It’s gorgeous

• '17 '15

Well done.

• this is looking pretty wicked.  might have to go to a 4 by 8 table.  if I do my wife won’t thank you.  nice work.

• @FOWHEAD:

this is looking pretty wicked.   might have to go to a 4 by 8 table.  if I do my wife won’t thank you.  nice work.

She might not, but I just might. Just need to find some room in our schedules…

-Midnight_Reaper

• '17 '16 Customizer

@FOWHEAD:

this is looking pretty wicked.   might have to go to a 4 by 8 table.  if I do my wife won’t thank you.  nice work.

Lol, thanks for the comment!

Thanks ss, I feel the same, I like all the data, I’ve just started adding data to the Europe side, it’s gonna be great!

Rand & Ozymandiac, thanks for the kind words!

Think this time next week I’ll be at the print shop getting a test print!

• '18 '17

What’s the deal with the “Temporary Sanctuary” in Western US?

This looks awesome btw. We are looking to print a large map for our 4x8 table, and I wthink we will hold off until you are finished.

• '17 '16 Customizer

@Navymule:

What�s the deal with the �Temporary Sanctuary� in Western US?

This looks awesome btw. We are looking to print a large map for our 4x8 table, and I wthink we will hold off until you are finished.

LOL- that’s where we are located, “Temporary Shelter”… as I have to put our table away after we play each week. :)

• Looking forward to seeing it live……looks awesome

• This is awesome, sired! I love it. Really looking forward to the Europe half.

Just like FOWHEAD, I think I might need to build myself a 4 by 8 table. Question is where to put it?  :-D

• Excellent work. I really like the contrast between the SZ and land now.

A couple of quick observations  though: :-D

The neutral territories might be a bit too bold, they seem to me to be inland lakes/seas. Slightly less saturated colour would fix this.

SZ numbers are a bit small. If you added a white outline, they would stand out a bit better and be an opposite of the land numbers.

Looking forward to see how central Europe looks. Are you increasing the size of areas and reducing Africa to compensate?

• Sired, I know its early for map design and YG Deluxe Edition rules hes working on.

Will we be able to use YGs DE rules on your map ? Or just strictly to what ever your rules are for game ?

• '17 '16 Customizer

@Robert - The whole point of the map was to make Europe large and Africa small, which you can see in earlier pages of this topic…. I just got sidetracked after the coastlines were all redone.

@ss - sorry to say my map is tailored to my group, as for YG DE rules and such, im sure hell need an entire new map as well to deal with his needs.

• '18 '17 '16

@siredblood:

@Navymule:

What�s the deal with the �Temporary Sanctuary� in Western US?

LOL- that’s where we are located, “Temporary Shelter”… as I have to put our table away after we play each week. :)

Is Prince George on there? We can get ebard to do a mock up of my house and make it into a victory city, haha.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m