Sired's Map project - Updated- 4/16 - files available see first post

• @FOWHEAD:

this is looking pretty wicked.   might have to go to a 4 by 8 table.  if I do my wife won’t thank you.  nice work.

She might not, but I just might. Just need to find some room in our schedules…

-Midnight_Reaper

• '17 '16 Customizer

@FOWHEAD:

this is looking pretty wicked.   might have to go to a 4 by 8 table.  if I do my wife won’t thank you.  nice work.

Lol, thanks for the comment!

Thanks ss, I feel the same, I like all the data, I’ve just started adding data to the Europe side, it’s gonna be great!

Rand & Ozymandiac, thanks for the kind words!

Think this time next week I’ll be at the print shop getting a test print!

• '18 '17

What’s the deal with the “Temporary Sanctuary” in Western US?

This looks awesome btw. We are looking to print a large map for our 4x8 table, and I wthink we will hold off until you are finished.

• '17 '16 Customizer

@Navymule:

What�s the deal with the �Temporary Sanctuary� in Western US?

This looks awesome btw. We are looking to print a large map for our 4x8 table, and I wthink we will hold off until you are finished.

LOL- that’s where we are located, “Temporary Shelter”… as I have to put our table away after we play each week. :)

• Looking forward to seeing it live……looks awesome

• This is awesome, sired! I love it. Really looking forward to the Europe half.

Just like FOWHEAD, I think I might need to build myself a 4 by 8 table. Question is where to put it?  :-D

• Excellent work. I really like the contrast between the SZ and land now.

A couple of quick observations  though: :-D

The neutral territories might be a bit too bold, they seem to me to be inland lakes/seas. Slightly less saturated colour would fix this.

SZ numbers are a bit small. If you added a white outline, they would stand out a bit better and be an opposite of the land numbers.

Looking forward to see how central Europe looks. Are you increasing the size of areas and reducing Africa to compensate?

• Sired, I know its early for map design and YG Deluxe Edition rules hes working on.

Will we be able to use YGs DE rules on your map ? Or just strictly to what ever your rules are for game ?

• '17 '16 Customizer

@Robert - The whole point of the map was to make Europe large and Africa small, which you can see in earlier pages of this topic…. I just got sidetracked after the coastlines were all redone.

@ss - sorry to say my map is tailored to my group, as for YG DE rules and such, im sure hell need an entire new map as well to deal with his needs.

• '18 '17 '16

@siredblood:

@Navymule:

What�s the deal with the �Temporary Sanctuary� in Western US?

LOL- that’s where we are located, “Temporary Shelter”… as I have to put our table away after we play each week. :)

Is Prince George on there? We can get ebard to do a mock up of my house and make it into a victory city, haha.

• '17 '16 Customizer

Was thinking about adding some of the youtuber channel locations…

• Wow! Looks really good. But… Saigon is now in Siam???

• '17 Customizer

Yeah…cool alternative to the standard.  Airbases, Factories and Ports on the map is pretty darn nice to have, however.  Even if using pieces for them, it aids in the setup and if you miss one, it is easy to see.  Maybe you could put some cool looking image for them.

Hope you will do one for HBG Global War?..

• Speechless!!!  I’m chomping at the bit to have it printed out!!! So much cooler than OOB….I like the idea that you have added more city names…I’ve recently purchased all the victory cities and other less important ones on Shapeways.com…Spray painted them in GOLD…As they are ultimately the prize of any war.

• Beautiful job!

• The game pieces will really pop on this neutral color scheme. Can’t wait to see the finished product!

• '17 '16 Customizer

Thanks everyone for the feedback! Its really great to see im not the only one who likes this scheme!

Saigon is in indo now, thanks :)

As of now, have no intention to do a 36 map, or add facility markers.

AND…. I… AM… DONE :P … yes, after a year, or more, im finally done, well I think I am. Im doing a test print tomorrow, just on lagal size… as many as it takes to print this, this way im only tossing out like 30 bucks for the 15 pages or so ill tape together… then ill do a setup, verify everything is in order… do any edits Friday then get a real print!

Almost show and tell time!

• Tabloid (11"x17") would save you a lot of work when assembling and aligning the colour copies.
    It might run you a bit more but the work saving would be worth it.
    I always have issues aligning sheets when assembling “proof” copies.

Looking forward to seeing the full map with pieces in place.
    Please post pics so we can see the contrast.

• How does the 15 tape pages together look ?

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

@siredblood:

AND…. I… AM… DONE :P … yes, after a year, or more, im finally done, well I think I am.

Congrats! Looking forward to some pictures of your test print!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m