[Poll] Triple A features or bug fixes desired?

• '19 '17 '16

Triple A 1.9 is awesome and hopefully will be stable soon.

What are the features or bug fixes people want after the ones already in the works which include:

• not needing to press space to proceed through combats
    • back button from purchase to NCM
    • Balanced Mod incorporation

I’ve got a grab bag of suggestions:

What are the most important? Feel free to post your own selections.

• Yes indeed, the new version will be great!

I only voted for bombing raids/AAA bugfix and allocating sub/des damage.

I also would like to see the issues present in the game notes/Gamerman’s list concerning Global (and balanced mod) fixed.

Concerning those “automatic” or “no need to press space” issues I would rather like them as optional features.
    I always see new TripleA-players being sort of overwhelmed with what happens on the screen during the game.
    So it’s good to have some “calm down and see” phases during the action.

• '19 '17 '16

@P@nther:

Concerning those “automatic” or “no need to press space” issues I would rather like them as optional features.
    I always see new TripleA-players being sort of overwhelmed with what happens on the screen during the game.
    So it’s good to have some “calm down and see” phases during the action.

That is what is in 1.9. Waits a second or similar and then proceeds. Great for online games when someone is away from keyboard.

• '19 '17 '16

Strategic Bombing bug fix is in the works. Pull Request #1074.

Probably has missed version 1.9. Version 1.9.0.1 anyone?

Beta testers?

• @simon33:

Strategic Bombing bug fix is in the works. Pull Request #1074.

Yes, I am watching your efforts on Github. Impressed by that.
    I sometimes (e.g. in this case) have difficulties identifying whether an issue is engine-related or map-related.

• '19 '17 '16

Yeah, well this one is engine related.

So is/are the sub combat casualties problems.

• In a future update I would like to see YG’s Victory Token house rule incorporated if possible. I also think if there were to ever be a 3rd edition of global then these victory conditions should be at least an OOB optional rule.

I voted for the strategic bombing here tho.  Always feel I’m being robbed somehow when conducting these. I feel like I’m playing against one of the players I play on the actual board game and if he’s attack with say 25 units he grabs 25 dice , throws them into the dice tower and starts saying “all these 1s and 2s are infantry, 3s are my tanks and fighters, etc”. It might not be that extreme on the software I was just giving an example.

• '19 '17 '16

I agree about the Strat bombing bug. Hopefully, I’ll get something the developers can accept later today. Then we just need to convince them of the need to push out a release for it.

Next priority would be the sub combat order.

YG’s victory tokens sound like a lot of work for something that is not generally used but I’m open to arguments.

• '19 '17 '16

Ok, it looks like the Strat Bombing bug fix will be incorporated into 1.9.

I agree about the sub combat casualty choosing being the next most important but it isn’t the easiest fix.

How would people feel about automatically looping through all the air/bombing raids in random order before the user is given an option to pick a battle?

Should that be extended to amphibious assaults or should it only be auto selected if there is only one? If there is sea combat, obviously that has to be auto selected. Can’t imagine it being a problem if there are multiple sea combats for one amphibious assault battle (never seen that happen) but what if the land/air combat is auto selected even if the sea combat fails, without the amphibious troops? In theory, the attacker should then be able to select the combat in the order he/she chooses but that doesn’t seem worth the bother.

I presume that it is an axiom that if there is only one remaining battle after amphibious assaults that it should be auto selected.

• Congrats on the bombing fix, well done, indeed!

Regarding those automatisms the benefit IMHO depends on the user: For well experienced players this might help speeding up the game. For beginners and those using TripleA to learn the mechanics of Axis and Allies, I would prefer not to leave too much to the engine and possible automatisms (see my above statement). So giving the choice to either run (whatever) processes automatically or manually would be just perfect, IMHO.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m