So did uncrustable delete his whole thread?

• Hello, im Uncrustable. President and CEO of BP. Our accidental drilling spill again in the gulf is a tragedy that should have never happened. And to all those affected i would like to say…im am deeply sorry. Im sorry… (*pets small dog)…wait…wtf…

:lol:

• I’m assuming you don’t watch much southpark :P

• '17

@rjpeters70:

BP has given billions to charity, including an enormous amount to the Obama campaign.  Obama administration then sues BP for $40billion following an accident.  What?  What did all that good will buy BP?  Apparently, nothing.

BP did not give the Obama campaign any money as a corporation. Individuals who work for BP donated to the Obama campaign as private individuals, which amounted to ~70k in 2008 for Obama. That constituted roughly 0.0001% of 2008 Obama campaign fundraising, which definitely does not qualify as enormous.

http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/toprecips.php?id=D000000091&type=P&sort=A&cycle=2008
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/05/05/bp.lobbying/

Where did you get the idea that BP donated to Obama’s campaign as a corporation?

• '17

From Politico,
    “During his time in the Senate and while running for president, Obama received a total of $77,051 from the oil giant and is the top recipient of BP PAC and individual money over the past 20 years, according to financial disclosure records.”

The article you just posted says $77,000 to Obama (slightly higher than the figure I cited since it also includes his Senate campaign).

This article implies some of that $77k came via PACs, but does not specify an amount or a PAC.

Politico cites the Center for Responsive Politics as their source, which is www.opensecrets.org, and the CRP confirmed that this money came from individuals.

• '17

But lets pretend for a moment that that 77k was from the corporation BP directly and not merely from individuals who happen to be BP employees: Are you saying the 77k should be able to buy off the President of the United States?

• '17

That’s a different argument than your original posts appeared to suggest.

I’ll take your word about BP attempting to be a “good citizen”, but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t have to pay for the damage caused by their activity.

Obviously BP did not want to dump oil into the ocean, but they can afford to pay for the damage and they have both a moral and a legal responsibility to do so.

What about the billions of dollars of losses suffered by the tourism and fishing industries?

• Sponsor

@Uncrustable:

Hello, im Uncrustable. President and CEO of BP. Our accidental drilling spill again in the gulf is a tragedy that should have never happened. And to all those affected i would like to say…im am deeply sorry. Im sorry… (*pets small dog)…wait…wtf…

:lol:

WOW… You hijacked his thread without even trying.

• Only a Mod can delete it now. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

• '17

@rjpeters70:

Why?� Explain to me the moral and legal “responsibility” to do so?

1. BP was the primary operator of the oil rig that leaked the oil (other companies involved are likewise responsible).
    2. The rig was located within the US exclusive economic zone.
    3. The oil spill resulted in billions of dollars of economic damage to US fishing and tourist industries.

If you accept these facts but don’t see BP’s responsibility, then I can’t help you :lol:

• '17 '16

@Red:

@Young:

How about the fact that new conscripts will come to this thread and see many members arguing about the problems of this site? Leaving this thread up only makes A&A.org look bad to new members. Besides, if anything it should be moved… it has nothing to do with G40.

You’ve been pretty eager to fling insults my way in it (you might call it slinging “feces”) rather than contributing to identifying the problem.  You know what, I’m happy to leave it as it is.  Your second post in this thread suggested you feel the same way, leave 'em be, work things out, rather than deleting the thread.

And yes, it does have to do with G40 as that was what the improperly deleted thread was about.

Hint: The thread will sink on its own soon enough since the problem that created it has been rectified.

This thread was created at the occasion of an issue on a thread of the G40 forum.
    To reach the people reading this G40 thread it was sound, to put it in this forum.
    However, now the issue has been resolved (clearly not to the satisfaction of everyone), this thread should go in his real category:
    it is a thread about an issue on the G40 forum, not about G40 A&A game.

I think it should go in this forum:
    Website/Forum Discussion

Should it be erase? For transparency, I don’t think.
    This thread reflect the reality as it is, that’s all.
    There is an issue of real interest,
    a more or less civil debate,
    but nonetheless a 2 sides debate rising arguments,
    and mod and admin have to decide, on this specific matter.

The only problem is about the title of the thread, which I find on a too individual level.
    I see no reason to keep a thread as an explicit grudge against another member.

However, there is still an on going personal matter as the lasts posts showed, more or less directly.
    So, it is up to you people.

(And all the forum politics the Mod had to apply in this case.)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m