7.2 Questons…Things that have come up.

• 1. No  Page 34 rules  Subs are undetected if not using first shot attack and any rounds after. Subs do have thee option to first strike shot on any round. Then planes can attack any round if Subs declare first strike shot.

2. Sweden is a strict neutral. If Germany lands in the Capital it does not get the other territory. The other territory or territories are free game for either the Axis or Allies to activate.

• @SS:

1. No  Page 34 rules  Subs are undetected if not using first shot attack and any rounds after. Subs do have thee option to first strike shot on any round. Then planes can attack any round if Subs declare first strike shot.

2. Sweden is a strict neutral. If Germany lands in the Capital it does not get the other territory. The other territory or territories are free game for either the Axis or Allies to activate.

1.  But you can still scramble anyway since there is a naval battle going on.  And destroyers can still detect subs on a 1-to-1 basis.

2.  Not what I was asking.

• 1.  You agreed to my answer back in the 7.2 Sub and other questions from recent playtest, game notes thread.

2. No they don’t get all territories.

• @SS:

1.  You agreed to my answer back in the 7.2 Sub and other questions from recent playtest, game notes thread.

2. No they don’t get all territories.

1.  The planes could always scramble, that should not be in doubt.  The issue was when can they see the subs to hit them.  You don’t decide on sneak attacks before the battle, which is what we did in our recent game.  You decide on sneak attacks at the start of each round of dice rolls.

2.  Even if Sweden was entirely pro-axis already?

• I did say no sneak attack for the whole battle. Same thing. Now maybe have rule were you can scramble 1 plane for each destroyer 1:1 with the no subs sneak attack first shot with only subs attacking.

• @SS:

I did say no sneak attack for the whole battle. Same thing. Now maybe have rule were you can scramble 1 plane for each destroyer 1:1 with the no subs sneak attack first shot with only subs attacking.

Yea but scrambling should be determined before you decide to sneak or not.  Since the destroyer causes a sub to be detected, I would say that up to 3 planes per airbase can scramble so that they can hit that detected sub.  When the detected sub dies, the destroyer detects a new one if it is still alive.

• Subs being detected or not should have no effect on whether the defender can scramble or not.  The detection matters when the planes are rolling dice and how you determine potential hits.

• Well thats the rule. No sneak attacks no planes.

• If that is the case, I would like to confirm it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m