Would the forum know if… you DIED?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@CWO:

@amanntai:

Or you know, they could fake their death, start a new account, and look at the badge they earned…

A clever idea with Alfred Hitchcock overtones.  This method would imply interesting things about the person using it – perhaps the notion that "I value my badge more than my life."  They’d have to be seriously motivated because it wouldn’t be enough to just fake their death on the forum; they’d also have to convince the authorities that they’d died, because otherwise the will wouldn’t get implemented.Â

And the irony would be that they would die accidentally whilst implementing this plan lol!

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Gargantua:

LOL that said, and without getting into politics.  I would probably pick trek too…

Tough call.

That makes three. You know… that is not a bad thread. I’m gonna start one. Nerd fight: begin.

• @LHoffman:

@Gargantua:

LOL that said, and without getting into politics.  I would probably pick trek too…

Tough call.

That makes three. You know… that is not a bad thread. I’m gonna start one. Nerd fight: begin.

I sense a disturbance in the Force!

• We should be carefull with all this posting about death.

I did read the bible today, and it pertains a lot to the thread:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=prov+18%3A21&version=NKJV

• Customizer

Funny I found this thread. I have been buying a ton of games lately and the missus was not angry but somewhat annoyed. I simply told her If I died she would be able sell off my games and have more than enough to bury me. My dark sense of humor on the subject was met with a “Oh don’t say that!”.

In all honesty I hope my games collection is passed on to someone who really cares about them, and when it happens I think my wife would pass them on properly.

As for the site. My participation has slowed as I have been involved in other games and projects. However A&A is still my muse in most regards.

We seem to see people come and go here but some are constant and if they died I truly would mourn. If I won the lotto I would invite my favorite A&A.org members to a week long gaming event at the Tillamook Air Museum. All expenses and lodging paid. A “golden bucket” list item I would think but hey, a guy can dream.

• @toblerone77:

In all honesty I hope my games collection is passed on to someone who really cares about them, and when it happens I think my wife would pass them on properly.

Another valid option would be to follow the tradition that many ancient cultures had of burying a honoured warrior with some of his weapons.  Given how tiny the A&A sculpts are, there wouldn’t be any difficulty in, let’s say, slipping a T-34 tank into a pocket of the deceased’s clothing as a little tribute to his lifetime interest in A&A.  Nobody would even need to know that it was there.

• @CWO:

Given how tiny the A&A sculpts are, there wouldn’t be any difficulty in, let’s say, slipping a T-34 tank into a pocket of the deceased’s clothing as a little tribute to his lifetime interest in A&A.  Nobody would even need to know that it was there.

At least until an Archaeologist in the future uncovered human remains buried with a small plastic tank sculpture!
    Was this man a veteran of an unknown war? Was this some kind of tank-worshiping ritual? They may never know…

What would be more amusing, would be to bury someone with a coffin FULL of thier A&A pieces/collection on top.

I mean, we all have 1000’s of them lol.

• @Gargantua:

What would be more amusing, would be to bury someone with a coffin FULL of thier A&A pieces/collection on top.

“1000 year old man believed to have died in toy factory, says Archaeologist”

• @Gargantua:

And if there are any odd corners left empty, they could be filled using the hundreds of dice we all have, starting with the normal sized ones and then using the tiny ones from A&A 1914 to plug the last few little remaining holes.

• @CWO:

@Gargantua:

And if there are any odd corners left empty, they could be filled using the hundreds of dice we all have, starting with the normal sized ones and then using the tiny ones from A&A 1914 to plug the last few little remaining holes.

Okay, now this is just an incredible waste of A&A stuff. Wouldn’t you rather give it to someone then have it all buried under the ground?

Unless you got really weird and made your grave a geocaching location, and posted the directions to find it on the forum, so someone could dig up your A&A stuff.

• @amanntai:

Okay, now this is just an incredible waste of A&A stuff. Wouldn’t you rather give it to someone then have it all buried under the ground?

Oh, I agree.  One of my earlier posts was on exactly that issue: my hope that after my demise my sculpt collection would go someplace where it was appreciated.  And as the old saying goes, “You can’t take it with you when you go,” though goodness knows that a lot of people from the Egyptian pharaohs onward have tried their best to do so.

• @CWO:

@amanntai:

Oh, I agree.  One of my earlier posts was on exactly that issue: my hope that after my demise my sculpt collection would go someplace where it was appreciated.  And as the old saying goes, “You can’t take it with you when you go,” though goodness knows that a lot of people from the Egyptian pharaohs onward have tried their best to do so.

And were then looted of all their Osiris & Allies stuff gold and jewels.

OOOOOuuuu A gold and jewel axis and allies set! with REAL money instead of IPC’s… Now we’re talking!

When do we get started?!?!?!

Or we could do precious metals!

UK = Gold
    Japan = White Gold
    Germans = Germanium
    Russia = Copper (sort of precious lol)
    USA = Platinum

Etc!

• @Gargantua:

Or we could do precious metals!

UK = Gold
    Japan = White Gold
    Germans = Germanium
    Russia = Copper (sort of precious lol)
    USA = Platinum

Etc!

The Russians should be plutonium. China can be copper. ANZAC shall be Silver, and France cobalt.

The dice are ruby and obsidian.

Preparing to move, I found this forgotten axis and allies “supply cache” under my stairs last night.  A totally separate cache from my regular box+pieces.

I wonder what other abandoned secrets people may find when they bury us LOLOL.

• apologies for crooked photos - posted directly from I-phone.

image.jpg

Anyone need a couple extra Germans?  Lol!

image.jpg

How about red chips!?

image.jpg

• Interesting post.  I do not have enough of my closer friends (in physically proximity) that frequent this or other A&A boards, so in that regard, the news of my demise would probably not be posted unless explicitly indicated in my last wishes/will/trust.

Assuming I predecease her, I am not sure what my wife would do with my A&A games and playing board.  It might bring her pain to be reminded of me in that fashion enough to want to ‘just get rid of it’.  Conversely, she may give it to my face-to-face gaming friends to enable it to continued to be used.

Seems odd to ask her, but yet, because of this post, I will.

Funny thing about Life, it requires planning even when we no longer have it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m