• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@CWO:

@Koningstiger:

It’s just that I’m a sucker for miniatures rather than cardboard or blocks….

A point about which I don’t imagine you’ll ever hear any criticism from toblerone or John or me.  Expressions of enthusiastic approval would be more likely. :)

No not from me! The more miniatures the merrier! :-D

• Customizer

Love the minis from 1941. As for me 1941 was basically an “Expansion pack” I have one copy I leaved sealed in the plastic and one for everyday use as well as extra OOB minis from HBG. I call 1941 a flop because it along with 1914 has received some reviews in the gaming world that were not favorable. 1941 is go for teaching people to play BUT I think Classic or Revised does just as well or better. Additionally when I’ve used 41 to teach I had real chips and paper or poker chips for money.

Now I don’t think this was a terrible game but it’s at a price point where for a few dollars more you could just buy 42SE. When it first came out you could buy surplus Spring 42 for around $20 and with either purchase receive a much value per dollar.

None of that mattered I own two to five copies of each A&A Edition except D-Day, AA50 and Bulge which I only have one each. Never had AAE40.1 or AAGC.

I’m not trying to be harsh I just think A&A is about to go on hiatus for a bit and I think D-Day is one of those classics we won’t see again as a second edition.

• Customizer

Now that I think of it I think I will be buying a D-Day game that will remain in the “sealed games wing” of my man-cave/office. LOL!

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@toblerone77:

Love the minis from 1941. As for me 1941 was basically an “Expansion pack” I have one copy I leaved sealed in the plastic and one for everyday use as well as extra OOB minis from HBG. I call 1941 a flop because it along with 1914 has received some reviews in the gaming world that were not favorable. 1941 is go for teaching people to play BUT I think Classic or Revised does just as well or better. Additionally when I’ve used 41 to teach I had real chips and paper or poker chips for money.

Now I don’t think this was a terrible game but it’s at a price point where for a few dollars more you could just buy 42SE. When it first came out you could buy surplus Spring 42 for around $20 and with either purchase receive a much value per dollar.

None of that mattered I own two to five copies of each A&A Edition except D-Day, AA50 and Bulge which I only have one each. Never had AAE40.1 or AAGC.

I’m not trying to be harsh I just think A&A is about to go on hiatus for a bit and I think D-Day is one of those classics we won’t see again as a second edition.

Tolerone, I do think your correct about it, but it is so fresh for me, because I didn’t grow up with it like a lot of you, that everything is exciting for me, LOL.

I just started collecting, a little over a year ago, so I’m still quite new to the experience, but yet it came out when I was in high school, but some how I didn’t hear about till 2009, when I bought the Anniversary edition.

I never played it, till fall of 2013, because I couldn’t get anyone in my home town to play a strategy board game.

It is still that way now. The only time I can play is if I travel and driving is not as fun as it used to be for me, so I mainly collect and now paint, which I thought I never would.

Never say never, because it will bite you every time, LOL. :-D

• @Wedge:

Pre-order at Amazon May 2017

https://www.amazon.com/Avalon-Hill-C3400000-Allies-D-Day/dp/B01MTJ8U17/ref=dp_ob_title_toy

That looks like a reprint and not a new edition.

• Notice that the AH logo is different than all the others.  I dont know if that makes a difference on whether it means re-print or maybe 2nd Edition?

• @Wedge:

Notice that the AH logo is different than all the others.

They relaunched their appearance lately.
    The logo is identical to the new one on their website: http://avalonhill.wizards.com/

• Wow.  Does anyone think they will do this for Guadalcanal??

• I hope they re-release Guadalcanal and Battle of the Bulge.  :-D

• The last few posts here give the answers.  The game is either a new reprint or an older reprint.  The box looks a lot like the reprint I bought in 2013.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=39298.0

• The “latest version” with updated logo that just say “AH Avalon Hill” instead of “AH Avalon Hill Games” has been released and is ready to ship from Amazon.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m