• So then the nearest freindly territory would of been the UK territory next to Liberia without looking at map right now.

• '14

Usually not every Territory in africa goes Vichy.  But if it does the rule shiuld be go to the nearest friendlytterritory. …you are probably right.

• '14

I made a mistake.  This would only happen to Naval units. If a Legionnare is in a Vichy zone and there is no adjacent FF territory then the unit is destroyed.

Sorry for any confusion. I was trying to help without actually looking at the rules.

• Thats ok. Thats what happen then. They all died. So we played it right. Thanks Tigerman.

• Played a game with the new rules that were 98% clear but close enough to get an idea. We stay away from optional rules.

Special units HAVE to be bought now, but clutter the board too much.

Except for 1 turn, I was only able to take territories that bordered Russia. However, this could have been due to play and it’s too early to say if Russia is too powerful or not. It seems like they are. I couldn’t even take Leningrad and was fighting to keep Finland capital on turn 3 even though Russia and Germany not at war yet. The 48 IPC every turn (which coming in 7.1) means Russia just dumped 48 IPC a turn into their northern 10 factory and Germany couldn’t keep up. Forts are much more powerful now. Too powerful maybe?

UK dumped all their money into Europe and not the Pacific. The loss of German ships on setup and bad die rolls cost Germany a few extra planes they would normally not lose in the very beginning of the game. The extra planes that UK has basically got rid of German navy 2nd turn. Excluding the Baltic. I bought a sub and a fighter every turn that I normally wouldn’t to keep the UK in check. Couple that with UK dumping IPC’s into London only and Germany had their hands pretty full. UK/US never did make a landing that lasted more than 1 round however. Even in Africa!

Italy basically tread water and took half of Africa but it took an extra 1 or 2 turns that it normally doesn’t. Italy climbed slower than normal but after 1 US landing in Africa Italy basically couldn’t go any further. Italy was kicking out US every turn though!

US basically let Japan go and dumped everything into Germany/Africa (and lend lease). Lend lease is very fun but very unpredictable! Japan did very good but couldn’t take India or Australia. It’s the first time I’ve ever seen China kicked out of the game ever. Japan also got 3 spaces away from the Russia IC in the East but got too busy to go further. Japan was getting more $ than Germany. They have a real hard time getting the Dutch East Indies national advantage though.

I was 2 short of victory cities for Axis. Axis start losing after turn 11 just like normal. It would be better if I was only 1 short. There was no way I could have got the required cities by how I played.

I was probably too worried about the Allies making a landing and dumped too much money into stopping it. Russia was so tough I couldn’t even get Leningrad so Spain could join up. It’s too early to say but Russia might be too much to deal with. Russia was a slaughterhouse but it was like hitting a brick wall. India almost fell but I was still would have been 1 city short. India fortress made the difference.

It was like old AA where you just gang up on Germany. It was a lot of fun but I not sure Axis can win. The extra Russian units at the beginning of the game are really noticed immediately, but the extra IPC every turn seems to be too much. I never felt like I stood a chance against Russia. However, it could have been the way we played.

• @Tigerman77:

Im wotking on the discrepancies right now.  This is what im changing for the 7.1v

1 Russia starting cash will be 15. Russia will receive full production income every turn but still have to roll to get to 48 for a declaration of war.

So what Tigermans saying is 48 icp’s Russia gets after turn 1 and every turn  and roll 2d12’s and the die roll is a 6 , 10. So that 16 goes toward the declaration of war total? Why not just have Russia roll 2 die for income until they get to 48 instead of gettin 48 icp’s every turn.

• my gaming buddy brought this up. can the Japanese  sneak attack be used on the country that it is already at war with?  or is it only to attack a country like the US to bring them into the war?

• '20 '19 '18 '16 '15 '11 '10

They must not be at war with the country having the sneak attack used on them. Which kind of sucks as, if you want to use it on the Commonwealth, you have to do it by turn 3 as they are at war with Japan on that turn.

• @koba:

They must not be at war with the country having the sneak attack used on them. Which kind of sucks as, if you want to use it on the Commonwealth, you have to do it by turn 3 as they are at war with Japan on that turn.

I thought so.  thanks

• '14

@SS:

@Tigerman77:

Im wotking on the discrepancies right now.  This is what im changing for the 7.1v

1 Russia starting cash will be 15. Russia will receive full production income every turn but still have to roll to get to 48 for a declaration of war.

So what Tigermans saying is 48 icp’s Russia gets after turn 1 and every turn  and roll 2d12’s and the die roll is a 6 , 10. So that 16 goes toward the declaration of war total? Why not just have Russia roll 2 die for income until they get to 48 instead of gettin 48 icp’s every turn.

If it is too much income for Russia ill have to balance it another way.

Maybe starting cash 48 instead of 15. Then Russia tolls 2d12 for production and war entry.

• What is the status of Eastern Poland and the Baltic states according to the Soviet-Nazi Non-Aggression pact?

Both of these areas should be occupied by Russia as part of this pact but neither put up much of a fight when the Soviets invaded. However in the game they are garrisoned by a handful of infantry which technically turn UK. We played that the pieces are eliminated at the end of any player turn where the Axis controls Warsaw. Control was transferred to the Russian.

How is the Russian half of the of the Non-aggression pact enforced?

• When the Minor Factory in Calcutta is upgraded to a  Major Factory does it just produce 5 units with capital ships or 8 units with no capital ships and with the first 3 pieces bought have to be infrantry?

• “Maybe starting cash 48 instead of 15. Then Russia tolls 2d12 for production and war entry”.

I think this might be the way to go. 80 seemed too much for 1st turn, and 48 every turn until in the war is actually even more than that. It might be too soon for us to say that though because of our strategy. A minimum of a couple more games need to be played before we can say that with confidence.

• Am I the only one playing 7.0 or 7.1? Has anyone else dealt with Russia yet?

• '20 '19 '18 '16 '15 '11 '10

HI Bill,

My group will not be playing until this weekend. I’ll make a report on this forum during/after that. We’ll be playing with the 7.1 rules as set out by tigerman and see how it goes with Russia

• We played with the 7.1 Russia getting 48 IPC rule every turn until in the war. This rule isn’t official yet. Russia seemed much too powerful but I would like to see what others say.

• Have game on the 28th. I’m going to play with Russia getting 48 icp’s to start with and have them roll 2d12’s at the end of turn 1 for income starting at 0.
    Japan sneak attack be used by turn of 7.
    Germany gets naval 2nd impluse.

But also will be waiting for Koba’s game results.

• When the minor complex in India becomes a major complex does it just produce 5 pieces with capital ships with no first infrantry buy? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

• Same question for Anzac. :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

• '14

If ANZAC and DEC upgrade their IC’s to major then they would ho from 6 units per turn, first 3 being infantty, and no capitol ships to 10 units per turn, first 3 being infantry, and can produce capital ships.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m