• Hi there

Don’t misunderstand me, the v5.0 is a good written complete rulebook by comparision to the v 4.1.
    But while I’ve translated the rules to german and dicoverd some errors and some blurry written parts in the rulebook ver 5.0.
    Maybe the writer from the book can correct it to make it clearly.

Rule error
    page 10 ->GeneralCombat -> last sentence
    “Captured major industrial complexes are reduced to minor complexes and
    damage is reduced to a maximum of 6 points.”
    vs
    page 29 -> Industrial Complex-> first passage
    “If the enemy captures a territory cantaining an IC, that IC is destroyed.”  :?

The rule on page 10 is new, the rule on page 29 is from the ver. 4.1

Page 16 -> naval planes & page 31-> Air Units
    the targeting capability

in the nation description the you can choose the target ship on a 1 or 4-
    in the air units description you just have to hit normal for the aiming

the rule on page 16 is old, page 31 is new

blurry Rules
    page 23 -> Germany
    “germany starts the game in peace but is preparing to attack Poland and France”

Is that a must do? or can germany leave theme alone and attack other countrys like the Sowjet Union
    and what is with UK ? is it allowed to land in london in the first round?

page 27 -> com. & nat.china
    “china is limited to placing a maximum of 3 units per territory and can build only infantry”

there are two ways to understand that.
    have max. 3 units per territory.
    or
    set up max. 3 new produced units per territory.
    Because that nat. china starts with 4 inf in Kwangtung (Setup 4.1)it must be the last one.

page 28 -> pro axis Neutrals
    “if Iraq is activated by an axis power its units and income are absorbed by that power”

Iraq is the only pro axis at the start but spain & sweden can become pro axis to. Is it like the pro ally rule “if an pro ally is activated…” or will these forces not absorbed?

Page 30 ->mech. Infantry
    " mech get +1 to its attack value when when combined 1 to 1 whith artillery."
    and
    page 31 -> armor
    “armor can be combinated 1 to 1 with mechs for a +1 to the mech inf attack value”

are the two rule cumulative? or can you use only 1?
    the combination armor and mech is new and it is only in the armor descripion not in the mech.

If anybody else found some parts, please post it.
    I also posted this post on boardgame geeks

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Thanks for finding these. I will be working these out this weekend. Will post a new rules version when finished.

@Yoshitako:

Page 16 -> naval planes & page 31-> Air Units
    the targeting capability

in the nation description the you can choose the target ship on a 1 or 4-
    in the air units description you just have to hit normal for the aiming

the rule on page 16 is old, page 31 is new

Page 16 is correct. Page 31 will be changed. If a 1 is rolled with the naval fighter, or 4 or less with the torpedo bomber, the target is selected by the owner of the firing aircraft.

@Yoshitako:

blurry Rules
    page 23 -> Germany
    “germany starts the game in peace but is preparing to attack Poland and France”

Is that a must do? or can germany leave theme alone and attack other countrys like the Sowjet Union
    and what is with UK ? is it allowed to land in london in the first round?

Germany is free to conduct it’s opening attacks as it sees fit. They must suffer the political consequences of any of these attacks. Pay special attention to the political rules for France and Poland, as well as Russia.

I’m not sure of your UK question… are you referring to Sea Lion? The German naval invasion of England? Yes, this is allowed G1 if you like. But again, pay special attention to the political rules. France and Poland immediately declare war. The US becomes likely to declare war, and if London is captured, the US immediately declares war. May not be in the best interest of the Axis, but is a legal move.

@Yoshitako:

page 27 -> com. & nat.china
    “china is limited to placing a maximum of 3 units per territory and can build only infantry”

there are two ways to understand that.
    have max. 3 units per territory.
    or
    set up max. 3 new produced units per territory.
    Because that nat. china starts with 4 inf in Kwangtung (Setup 4.1)it must be the last one.

Correct. It is a restriction on new unit placement. China cannot pile a bunch of new infantry in one territory. They can only place a maximum of 3 new units per territory per turn during the place new units phase.

@Yoshitako:

Page 30 ->mech. Infantry
    " mech get +1 to its attack value when when combined 1 to 1 whith artillery."
    and
    page 31 -> armor
    “armor can be combinated 1 to 1 with mechs for a +1 to the mech inf attack value”

are the two rule cumulative? or can you use only 1?
    the combination armor and mech is new and it is only in the armor descripion not in the mech.

Page 30 2.B. Mechanized Infantry: “They can be combined 1-for-1 with armor OR artillery for a +1 to its attack value.” Either or. The effect is not cumulative. If you have more artillery and armor than mech infantry, the extra matching bonus available is forfeited. Example: 5 mech, 3 art, 3 arm attacking. All 5 mechs get a +1, but none would receive +2 even though there are 6 eligible units with which it could match.

• Thank you for the answers

I know that the us is in the war if London falls. And the Soviet Union  will get his full IPC.
    I think Germany is able to handle one of these scenario (Sealion in G1 or Barbaross in G1)of course not booth.

But only if the Industrial complexes are not destroyed and only downgraded to minor complexes.
    I think the downgrade is a good rule change,because without it the German player have no chance but it make these 2 turns possible.

The setup charts are for the version 4.1 and should be updated to prevent that.
    I open a new threat where we can talk about these scenarios and the setup.

• Found another error

The following territories are connected by land:
    • GreatPlains – PacificNorthwest, Mid West
    on my map that territory is called rocky mountains

• SeaZone 102 – 60,102
    it can be only 54

• Sea Zone 54 –102,105
    is Zone 102 right?

• Sea Zone 50–105,110,116
    Zone 122 is missing and is 105 right?

• '18 '17 '16 '15 '13 '12 '11

@Yoshitako:

Found another error

The following territories are connected by land:
    � GreatPlains � PacificNorthwest, Mid West
    on my map that territory is called rocky mountains - Rocky Mountains on my map -

� SeaZone 102 � 60,102
    it can be only 54 - 54 and 60 -

� Sea Zone 54 �102,105
    is Zone 102 right? - only 105, as per rules version 4.1 though -

� Sea Zone 50�105,110,116
    Zone 122 is missing and is 105 right? - Add 122, delete 105 -

My answers in blue :wink:

Same answers I gave on BGG, I am SPCCBN over there, in case you are wondering… Cheers :-)

J.  8-)

Mid West and Rocky Mountains are the the same territory. It is called Rocky Mountains on the 1st Edition map and Mid West on the Revised map.

The line between 54 and 60 is lower than the line between 102 and 105 on both maps. So you can move from 102 to either 54 or 60. You can move from 54 to 105 or 102. And you can move from 60 to 102, but not 105.

Sea Zone 50 can go to 105 (because of above), 110, 116, and yes you are correct, 122. This was omitted from the rules and will be put in.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 '13 '12 '11

@Variable:

Mid West and Rocky Mountains are the the same territory. It is called Rocky Mountains on the 1st Edition map and Mid West on the Revised map. - OK

The line between 54 and 60 is lower than the line between 102 and 105 on both maps. So you can move from 102 to either 54 or 60. You can move from 54 to 105 or 102. And you can move from 60 to 102, but not 105. - OK

Sea Zone 50 can go to 105 (because of above), 110, 116, and yes you are correct, 122. This was omitted from the rules and will be put in. - Humm, I thought that from zs50 you could go to zs110 but not zs105 ! If you can go to zs105 from zs50, then you can leave zs99, Sydney, and end up in zs50 in one move … But if the rules says so, so it is.

My 2 ¢.

Thanks

J. 8-)

• '20 '19 '18 '16 '15 '11 '10

Yoshitako,

Thanks for bringing up the 5.0 rules clarifications needed. Our group will be playing '39 next weekend with the new rules, revised map, and some of the optional battle markers from HBG. Like you, I’d like to see an updated set-up.

The new rules do look good and I especially like the changes regarding industrial complexes which I think will change things a bit in Europe (having the French complex as a minor will certainly help the Germans).

Thank you Variable for the answers regarding the rules. After we play next weekend I’ll post some more questions I am sure.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m