• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

I’m having trouble understanding the oil reserves.

Can someone explain them to me?

Is the reserves your excess oil?

In other words, is this how many oil tokens you have in reserve?

Can someone explain to me about refineries and about it’s rules, because I don’t see nothing about it in the rules?

Thanks,

John

• There’s a few things that HBG has available that aren’t explained well, if at all.  All of the resource tokens, certain types of fortifications (like the Fort Drum one), P.O.W. camps and a few other things seem to fall into that category.  There is a section on the site that has rules laid out for some of the stuff, but it seems to be outdated at this point.  Maybe an update is in order?

@Ben_D:

There’s a few things that HBG has available that aren’t explained well, if at all.  All of the resource tokens, certain types of fortifications (like the Fort Drum one), P.O.W. camps and a few other things seem to fall into that category.  There is a section on the site that has rules laid out for some of the stuff, but it seems to be outdated at this point.  Maybe an update is in order?

I’ve asked them to update the rules to the markers and fortifications many times, but I’ve never got a response. I assuming they just don’t have time since they are producing so much as of a late. That is just my theory. I hope they can update it at some point.

• '14

I have to go back and look at the oil rules. But, for the most part the resource, POW, and any other tokens that dont have specific rules were made for people to use in house rules. We do work on using tokens in games when we can.

@Tigerman77:

I have to go back and look at the oil rules. But, for the most part the resource, POW, and any other tokens that dont have specific rules were made for people to use in house rules. We do work on using tokens in games when we can.

I appreciate it!

• Start the game with so many oil derricks or tokens and put in certain territories and if there conquered you gain the icp value of territory and the country that lost the territory has to pay you double value in icps. Say Germany captures Egypt and its worth 2 icps. Germany then gets territory ( adjust icp chart), oil well, and UK must pay Germany 4 icp’s. Its a one time deal. If UK takes back Egypt then it reverses. Uk gets icp value ( adjust chart ), oil well and 4 icps from Germany.

If Allies conquer a neutral territory with oil well nothing happens.
    They just get vaue of territory.

If Axis conquers a neutral territory with oil well, US or UK roll die to see who pays.

If an Allied country takes back a former neutral country from the Axis, use first rule at top of this post.

Russia conquers a neutral oil territory they get oil well, and the money from bank at the value of territory doubled.
    Territory worth 2 icp’s then russia gets 4 icp’s from bank.

@SS:

Start the game with so many oil derricks or tokens and put in certain territories and if there conquered you gain the icp value of territory and the country that lost the territory has to pay you double value in icps. Say Germany captures Egypt and its worth 2 icps. Germany then gets territory ( adjust icp chart), oil well, and UK must pay Germany 4 icp’s. Its a one time deal. If UK takes back Egypt then it reverses. Uk gets icp value ( adjust chart ), oil well and 4 icps from Germany.

They just get vaue of territory.

If Axis conquers a neutral territory with oil well, US or UK roll die to see who pays.

If an Allied country takes back a former neutral country from the Axis, use first rule at top of this post.

If the Axis conquers a neutral territory, the US or UK has to pay the Axis?

How come?

What does it mean, when it says, “cannot destroy oil supplies unless attacked and attack failed. May destroy on your turn?”

Is this talking about someone attacking your territory and you personally destroy the oil supplies yourself?

Is this what it is talking about?

Sorry for so many questions, but the wording is confusing to me.

• @John:

@SS:

Start the game with so many oil derricks or tokens and put in certain territories and if there conquered you gain the icp value of territory and the country that lost the territory has to pay you double value in icps. Say Germany captures Egypt and its worth 2 icps. Germany then gets territory ( adjust icp chart), oil well, and UK must pay Germany 4 icp’s. Its a one time deal. If UK takes back Egypt then it reverses. Uk gets icp value ( adjust chart ), oil well and 4 icps from Germany.

They just get value of territory.

How come?

**Because the allies controlled  a large part of the oil.

What does it mean, when it says, “cannot destroy oil supplies unless attacked and attack failed. May destroy on your turn?”

Oil supply is only destroyed if allies capture a neutral territory. Same as the above answer

Is this talking about someone attacking your territory and you personally destroy the oil supplies yourself

No. Oil supply stays.

Also you could put in where you need to own at least one terrirory with oil derrick or token for oil supply starting at a certain turn where if you don’t have oil supply you roll a die at beginning of your turn and 1-2 = planes can’t attack, 3-4 = Armor and motorized vehicals can’t attack, 5-6 = warships can’t attack except transports, cargo, and subs.**

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@John:

@Ben_D:

There’s a few things that HBG has available that aren’t explained well, if at all. � All of the resource tokens, certain types of fortifications (like the Fort Drum one), P.O.W. camps and a few other things seem to fall into that category. � There is a section on the site that has rules laid out for some of the stuff, but it seems to be outdated at this point.�  Maybe an update is in order?

I’ve asked them to update the rules to the markers and fortifications many times, but I’ve never got a response. I assuming they just don’t have time since they are producing so much as of a late. That is just my theory. I hope they can update it at some point.

We are updating the special marker rules and it will be ongoing. Look for it in a couple weeks.

@SS:

@John:

@SS:

They just get value of territory.

How come?

**Because the allies controlled  a large part of the oil.

Oil supply is only destroyed if allies capture a neutral territory. Same as the above answer

Is this talking about someone attacking your territory and you personally destroy the oil supplies yourself

No. Oil supply stays.

Also you could put in where you need to own at least one terrirory with oil derrick or token for oil supply starting at a certain turn where if you don’t have oil supply you roll a die at beginning of your turn and 1-2 = planes can’t attack, 3-4 = Armor and motorized vehicals can’t attack, 5-6 = warships can’t attack except transports, cargo, and subs.

Thanks SS for the suggestions and answers.**

@coachofmany:

@John:

@Ben_D:

There’s a few things that HBG has available that aren’t explained well, if at all. �� All of the resource tokens, certain types of fortifications (like the Fort Drum one), P.O.W. camps and a few other things seem to fall into that category. �� There is a section on the site that has rules laid out for some of the stuff, but it seems to be outdated at this point.��  Maybe an update is in order?

We are updating the special marker rules and it will be ongoing. Look for it in a couple weeks.

I appreciate it. It will help a lot. :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m