TripleA 1.8.0.5 Stable has been released

• @Veqryn:

I also highly recommend everyone upgrades to the latest version of Java

http://www.java.com/

Thanks Veqryn for all the hard work- I especially appreciate the G40, G42 and AA1914 progress.

One strong request for WW1- 1914 is that you created the OOB rules and the “Tournament rules” created by Larry Harris.  They are no longer “potential” as they have been used for Origins and GenCon now.  Here is the link for them.

http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=18335
    There has been a very positive response from the creation of these rules and will probably be made into a “2nd ed.” eventually.  In any case, it needs to be included.  Thanks.

• Customizer

if any bugs are found, please report them ASAP

i plan on releasing a ‘stable’ version of this next weekend

• the new version allows the same transports to move during combat move and non combat move

• Customizer

that is not something I will fix, it is a rule that you need to follow based on the board game you’re playing. same as you play in real life

• Customizer

TripleA 1.8.0.3 Stable is out, with some minor bug fixes.

And it also has a new feature, which should help when playing a new map or a map you are unfamiliar with: Unit Charts

The unit chart will detail the stats and costs of all units in the game.

See below picture for an example.  To get this, go to the “Help” menu, then click “Unit Charts”

unitChart.png

• Customizer

TripleA 1.8.0.5 is out, and first post updated to reflect that.

Changes for 1.8.0.5

• Created a prototype unit sorter for sorting units with support attachments (still in beta) and added it as an option in engine preferences. (veqryn & redrum)

• Updating Substance/Insubstantial look and feel UI to version 7.3. (veqryn)

• Fixed bug with how AA casualties are taken for multiple-hitpoint airplanes. (veqryn)

• Fixed null pointer error in Classic (WW2v1) rockets. (veqryn)

• Speeding up battle calculator by reducing possibilities of thread contention over locks. (veqryn)

• Fixed bugs in Fuel cost for units, including around loading and unloading, and moving air with carriers. (veqryn)

• More stability improvements for server games. (veqryn)

• Fixed a thread deadlock that occurs when a game ends while the battle calc is still open, resulting in triplea not returning to the host screen. (veqryn)

• Prevented battle calc’s calculate button from being enabled until data has finished being copied. Also added a tool tip on the button to let the user know how much memory they have left. (veqryn)

• Fixed display issue with repairs not being recorded properly in history panel. (veqryn)

• Fixed memory leak in battle calc and game data, causing an exponential number of units to be added to saves. (veqryn)

• Fixed bug in bid placement where you could not play British units in UK Pacific territories in Global 1940/1942. (veqryn)

• Changing default host waiting time to 900 seconds (15 minutes) so that large games do not time out on people who don’t know how to change the setting. (veqryn)

• Massive improvements to the new Hard AI. (redrum)

• Fixed lag and synchronization issues in the multi-threaded battle calc. Also added methods to time how long it takes to copy the game data, and use fewer threads if this takes more than 5 seconds. (veqryn)

• Fixed possible deserialization error in resource collections. (veqryn)

• Fixed bug in movement performer, which under certain rare circumstances would take all movement away from air units going from sea to land. (veqryn)

• Further work on ProAI (called Hard AI in game menu), including new methods to determine retreats in battles. (redrum)

• Fixed bug in username muting, which caused it to not work at all. (veqryn)

• Fixed issue with the game waiting on a player to click all ‘OK’ messages before a battle would continue. (veqryn)

• Fixed MapCreator so that it will properly send the map folder to the utility programs. (veqryn)

• Adding options to engine preferences to change how long your game host waits for clients on game startup and for observers joining. (veqryn)

• Allowing host to wait up to 100 seconds when starting a game for all clients to report in as good, and wait up to 30 seconds for observers joining after game has started. (veqryn)

• Fixing two memory leaks that allowed AI’s and GameData to stay in memory after exiting back to main screen. (veqryn)

• Creating a threaded version of the BattleCalculator, to speed up results. (redrum & veqryn)

• Creating a logging window for ProAI so that players can watch the log. (redrum)

• @Veqryn:

TripleA 1.8.0.5 is out, and first post updated to reflect that.

Happy New Year - and thanks a lot for the new version!

In the sourceforge directory I see a file “triplea_1_8_0_5_bots.zip” that is newer than the other zips.
    Should the full installation be upgraded with it?

• Customizer

Bots is for the lobby bots, so unless you are running these, there is no reason to download it.

• '16 '15 '10

Excellent timing, especially if this fixes lobby hosting bugs.  Thanks for all you do Veqryn!

• Customizer

I made some videos on how to use and play TripleA, and do Play-by-forum, etc:

Part 1: Introduction: http://youtu.be/MX9ehmKFdmI

Part 2: How to play online: http://youtu.be/pIE3rpDD6PM

Part 3: How to async, play by email, and play by forum: http://youtu.be/c9cfHsoWQoI

Part 4: Advanced features: http://youtu.be/FtaSoypRveg

• A feature request:

Provide a “skip turn” button. This would be very helpful for when you’re wanting to skip forward to another country’s turn so you can try some things out. For example, in G40 let’s say you wanna figure out your next german turn, but it’s currently America’s turn. Well to get to the next german turn you’d have to click through all the different phases of the various countries to finally make it to the next german turn. This could be reduced to just a few clicks (a click for US, for China, for UK, then Italy, Anzac, and finally France). Also, sometimes a country has nothing left to do (like france), and it’d be nice to just skip the turn, to expedite things.

Also, how hard would it be to provide a way to save a new game off of a specific point in the history of a game? This would allow players to spin off an alternative game from any past turn. That’d be really cool and useful.

• Customizer

You can set any players you don’t want to play as “does nothing ai”

You can save points in history by right clicking them.  However, you need to be at the very start of a turn, before any moves or anything are done, before you do this.  And the point you save needs to be the start of a turn as well.  Otherwise you can get weird bugs.

• Great tips. Will try them out, thanks!

• bump

• Founder TripleA Admin

When I start the Mac TripleA.app file I receive the following message:

“To open TripleA.app” you need to install the legacy Java SE 6 runtime."

I’m currently using Java 7 on my system. IntelliJ, Android Studio, etc. are able to use it just fine.

• Sorry, no help on this specific issue, but just an information regarding Java:

TripleA 1.8.0.5 runs fine with the latest Java 8 Update 45 - and I never had any problems with Java 7 and Triple A before I updated to Java 8.
    I have to say that I only have the JRE installed - and I’m on Windows 7.

• Founder TripleA Admin

I’m able to run TripleA via the shell script just fine. It’s the pre-compiled app “binary” that’s giving me troubles.

• Customizer

@djensen:

When I start the Mac TripleA.app file I receive the following message:

“To open TripleA.app” you need to install the legacy Java SE 6 runtime."

I’m currently using Java 7 on my system. IntelliJ, Android Studio, etc. are able to use it just fine.

So basically, TripleA used the “Apple Java” that came with all mac’s until quite recently (and topped out at Java 6).  Now that people are using “Oracle Java” (Java 7 and 8), this is messing things up a bit.
    Unfortunately, I do not have a Mac, so I can’t really fix this.  The issue is complicated a little bit (possibly) because we use “Apple Java Extensions” (which as of right now is an included jar), which might or might not be included with Java 7 or 8 for macs.
    I put out a call to hopefully get this resolved:
    http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/Need-help-from-someone-who-has-created-java-apps-for-Mac-OS-X-tp7587333.html

i’d love for someone to help us out…

• Founder TripleA Admin

Now that I’m back to Java/Android development, I might be able to pitch in.

I have a few conditions:
    1. Move the project to GitHub.
    2. Migrate to gradle builds.

From there I can take over the networking parts of the project.  I’ll very likely use Retrofit and RxJava.

Since the open source community is super active on GitHub, we might even be able to find some new contributors.  :-D

We might even consider splitting off pieces of the codebase into re-usable modules and come out with an Android version of TripleA.

• Customizer

1. github does not support everything we need (like a website, bug and ticket tracker, etc).  i’ve told redrum though that i am not opposed to using git on sourceforge, but i doubt anything will change soon on this front.
    2. redrum and bernat are figuring out how to do the gradle builds already, and it is maybe half way done

i don’t think the project needs to be refactored completely just to fix what appears to be a small library/build issue

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m