Planning ahead for the FMGC 2014

• Sponsor

Hello everyone,

As head of marketing, it’s never to early to send out the vibe for next year’s “Field Marshal Gaming Convention” even though we don’t have a date set yet (which will indeed be announced soon), I thought it would be a good idea to ask who might be at least 50% sure of attending next year’s event in Oshawa. This way I will be able to send out reminders and organize car pools in diferent regions.

The date for the 2014 FMGC will be the weekend of *____________________

(*to be edited once announced)

Who’s going?….

• I’m not that far at 4-4.5 hrs away.
    Just dont book it during the Nationals

• '12

Yup. At least 50%.

And thanks for all the tips on our A&A Pacific 1940 match, Surprise Attack.

Yrs.,
    R.

• '12

I’m at least 75%.

Surprise Attack, do you come in from the Buffalo/Fort Erie crossing?  My small farm is about 10 minutes from the border crossing in Fort Erie.  I’ve been renovating it for the last few months and it will be ready in spring, might be a possible meeting place.

Heck the entire event could be held there, cept I have no cool tanks are other military equipment….unless I get that one that was for sale for 30 grand…cheap!

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

I can probably make it in May, June, July, or August.

• Sponsor

@variance:

I can probably make it in May, June, July, or August.

Good to know, thanks Vance.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I should be able to attend next years.

• Sponsor

@Gargantua:

I should be able to attend next years.

Awesome, your place at the Bunker is reserved.

Thank you kindly sir!

I’ll pitch in for a car rental as well!

• Hey thanks again for a great weekend…only one week ago, miss all of yall.
    Cant wait till next year!
    MrMalachicrunch sounds like your place would de a good place to get a bunch of us together for a weekend.
    Ray glad I could be of some assistance, hope to see ya next year
    S.A.

• Be sure to check with the FMGCon website (www.fmgcon.com), facebook page (www.facebook.com/FMGConvention) and twitter (@FMG_Convention) for news and updates.

We’ve posted pictures from this years event (please send any pics you took to info@fmgcon.com and we’ll add them!) and several other updates and thank you’s since the event ended this year.

Work has begun on next years event already!  Actual date to be set in stone within the next several weeks hopefully.

*edited to fix the facebook/twitter links

• Sponsor

Can’t seem to find the twitter address.

• @Young:

Can’t seem to find the twitter address.

Very right… Got the two reversed.  facebook.com/FMGConvention, twitter @FMG_Convention

• '10

We are very excited about FMGC14.    I think we will be doing a GREAT WAR theme for the first time as it is the 100th Ann of WWI

The Museum will be building a full scale trench system for you all to check-out and enjoy.

Look forward to seeing you all again!

Jeremy

• I want to go, just I am still hesitant to go to canada just to play A&A, not counting the 10+ hour drive.

• @ghr2:

I want to go, just I am still hesitant to go to canada just to play A&A, not counting the 10+ hour drive.

There’s WAY more than just A&A … we have a library of some 85+ games available to play, not counting all of the Miniatures games that are provided (2 x WW2 miniatures game tables, Star Wars XWing and Warhammer 40K at this past con)!

This year we personally avoided playing Axis and Allies altogether in order to play things we’ve never played before and had a great time in doing so!

The 10+ hour drive on the other hand, I can agree with (though others have done it in the past years)!

• @IWillNeverGrowUp:

@ghr2:

I want to go, just I am still hesitant to go to canada just to play A&A, not counting the 10+ hour drive.

There’s WAY more than just A&A … we have a library of some 85+ games available to play, not counting all of the Miniatures games that are provided (2 x WW2 miniatures game tables, Star Wars XWing and Warhammer 40K at this past con)!

This year we personally avoided playing Axis and Allies altogether in order to play things we’ve never played before and had a great time in doing so!

The 10+ hour drive on the other hand, I can agree with (though others have done it in the past years)!

I would not want to do anything else but to play A&A sir.

a 10 hour drive is nothing.  I flew 3 hours to get there! :P

Well worth it’s weight in gold!

• Sponsor

@ghr2:

@IWillNeverGrowUp:

@ghr2:

I would not want to do anything else but to play A&A sir.

If you make the trip, you can join our 1940 Global game… it’s great playing with forum members face to face.

• @Gargantua:

a 10 hour drive is nothing.  I flew 3 hours to get there! :P

And boy are my arms tired!!! :-o

ghr2- I did half of that drive from the north side of Detroit, but I can understand doubling up that from Chicago would be tough.  Especially when you can go to Origins, GCI, and Spring Gathering from where you are for under half of that drive.

Don’t get me wrong, it was a good time.  The guys run a great get together.

Now if the border goons would leave me alone, the trip would be perfect. :roll: :| :cry:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m