• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

IMHO the Black Sea straits rule would help Russian by taking some heat off from Caucasus as Germany no longer able to use transport to support additional troops to attack.

• Is there already an established bidding procedure for 1942 2nd?

What do you think about this one:

People are bidding for the axis granting IPCs to the player how takes allies. The player how is ready to take the allies for the lowest amount of IPC plays the allies. The allies can use this number if IPCs to buy extra units before turn one starts.
    These extra IPCs can be split between Russia, UK and US as the allies prefer. They can purchase what ever units they want and place them in any territory which already contains at least one unit of the respective nation.

This would grant maximum flexibility and different strategies can be tested by the allies. Like fortifying India, increasing the fleet on the US east cost, increase the egypt units. What do you think about this suggestion?

• Hi Josn. That is generally what happens here on the forum when people play on line.
    It does work and makes every game potentially different.
    Do you and your group find the Axis generally win?

• Unfortunately I do not really have a group and can only play once in a while. Sometimes I kind of play against myself to test strategies.

And yes, I do see not way how to win with the allies.

Usually India falls to JP by round 3 or 4. Afterwards africa goes also to Japan. Germany pressures Russia hard turns 1 to 3 but Russia survives keeping West Russia and Caucasus but loosing almost everything else and especially a lot of units. Americans land earliest in round 3 in France. By  that time Germany simply goes totally into defense stacking germany and Italy. Japan takes over to pressure Russia and usually takes it within a couple of rounds producing tanks and infanterie in India. American support for Europe is too little to late. Thats how my games usually go.

I was wondering whether KJP might be more feasible in this version than KGF. G1 german atlantic massacre is massive and leaves the UK without a single ship in all the atlantic, making it also impossibe to quickly rebuild the fleet. So germany can totally empty all western europe, germany, italy ect the first three round and throw everything against Russia.

And once that Japan sees that the US pacific fleets go to europe Japan can also go all offensive sending a orange wall to roll up Asia pretty fast.

Maybe I need to play some other people to get some new insights into how to play Allies more effectifly???

• If you have time you could join AAA on this forum and play others here.
    I played 4 games of it against an opponent here, so am a bit exhausted of it, but someone will play you.
    The one time I was beaten as the Axis, my friend did all KJF.
    Maybe it is the only way.
    Good luck.

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

Hey Josn,

I love to play on AAA with you on 42 2E if you are interested… I am happy to take Allies (and learn :-)).  I still lost often but it seems to get better…

• OK that sounds really cool. I got shit load of work to do right now but I would love to play a couple of matches with you guys. Where can I download the game?

• Ok I think I downloaded the correct software. How is the 1942 2nd edition called in this onlineverison?

• v5 1942 Second Edition

• USA lost the 1 move Canada chuck
    Now it both costs more and takes longer for the USA to make a real impact

• @Uncrustable:

USA lost the 1 move Canada chuck
    Now it both costs more and takes longer for the USA to make a real impact

This cannot be understated. It REALLY slows down the America. I didn’t used to mind US making about the same as Germany, but now it is hard for them to have an impact. Add to this the fact that Germany can sink the US Atlantic fleet on turn 1, and America just got a lot  harder to be effective.

:(

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m