• '10

The battle on the south flank of the Kursk salient near the town of Prokhorovka. Setup for the first test game.
    IMAG0007.JPG
    IMAG0012.JPG

• Sweeeetttt! Is your map from AA mini sets.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 '13 '12 '11

@SS:

Sweeeetttt! Is your map from AA mini sets.

More likely from ToI / Tide of Iron I would think.

J. 8-)

• '10

@radar231:

@SS:

Sweeeetttt! Is your map from AA mini sets.

More likely from ToI / Tide of Iron I would think.

J. 8-)

ToI  is correct. Hoth’s panzers leading the way.

IMAG0018.JPG

• '10

First test game. Rain and a heavy defense at a bridge are holding up German spearhead. German engineers supported by tiger tanks are waiting for rain to stop so they can cross the river at undefended area with a pontoon bridge. Second photo shows entire battlefield.

IMAG0060.JPG
    IMAG0058.JPG

• Wow. That looks like fun!

• '10

Here is new setup for test game #2. Hope to carry this game to near conclusion as have most details worked out.

IMAG0089.JPG
    IMAG0092.JPG

• '10

Situation at the end of turn 4. Test game #2. Germans approach determined Russian defense just west of Prokhorovka. Supplies are running low for Germans. Game continues next week.

IMAG000109.JPG
    IMAG00119.JPG

• looks pretty cool. any chance of a set up? and what ToI expanstions ( if any) do we need to play this magnificent a game?

• '10

@poloplayer15:

looks pretty cool. any chance of a set up? and what ToI expanstions ( if any) do we need to play this magnificent a game?

The setup is now only in photos as it will change with testing. The ToI games needed for this map are ToI base game, Normandy, and the ToI map expansion. The map expansion is nothing more than the same 12 map tiles that come with the base game but they are double sided which gives you 12 different tiles. It takes 30 tiles for this map. You cannot have a decent game however without covering the map with plexiglass to keep the tiles from moving. I have developed unit charts however which include many of the HBG units. Reinforcements come into the game via cards which describe the new units you get on each turn. Saves time as you no longer have IPCs involved. Long range plans include a Normandy game at Omaha beach.

• Dang. I only have the base game and days of the fox expansion.  :|

• '10

In the latest test game this past week the Germans surrendered at the end of turn 6. It was obvious that the axis was going to fail as their casualties were horrible. They suffered terrible fighter losses early on as they tried in vain to gain air superiority. Terrible dice! The Germans start with more units but Russia gets 14 reinforcements and the axis get 10 per turn.

IMAG000120.JPG
    IMAG00123.JPG

• '10

Situation at the end of turn 5 of test game #4. Russia with a strong defense in the center but they look a little weak on both flanks. Feel like I am getting closer to a final setup. Only small adjustments needed from here. Will see how this plays out next week.

IMAG00128.JPG
    IMAG00127.JPG

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m