Does anyone know for sure how many Anniversary Editions were made?

• i purchased my copy back in 2008 while i was in Iraq……had it shipped to me there in Baghdad. I ended up loosing the USA setup card in Agur Quf Iraq after playing a game in the rec center we had. I ended up printing both the USA 1941 and 1942 setups from somewhere but other than that the game is intact.

• how many Anniversary Editions were made? <<

As far as I know there was just one Anniversary Edition (in contrast, for example, with Europe 1940 and Pacific 1940, whose second edition was released last year).  But if you’re asking how many copies of the Anniversary Edition were manufactured, I haven’t the foggiest notion.  Krieghund (who playtests A&A for Larry Harris) might perhaps have access to the production figures.

• I would love to know the number of games produced.

• Im just curious because heard there were so few of the Anniversary  Edition made

• I would guess between 20 and 30 thousand were made.I thought I heard somewhere on these boards years ago thats what a typical printing of these games is. Other than that I’m like you guys who knows.

• Customizer

This game is alright. Although I’m almost scared to play the damn thing. The gaming components were subpar in many respects IMHO. I’ve heard the production of this game were in the low thousands. When I bought the game just after it’s relaese it was almost out of stock pertty much everywhere I looked.

• @toblerone77:

This game is alright. Although I’m almost scared to play the damn thing. The gaming components were subpar in many respects IMHO. I’ve heard the production of this game were in the low thousands. When I bought the game just after it’s relaese it was almost out of stock pertty much everywhere I looked.

Weird, I thought the gaming components were/are the best out of ANY stock A&A game.

• Customizer

@BJCard:

@toblerone77:

This game is alright. Although I’m almost scared to play the damn thing. The gaming components were subpar in many respects IMHO. I’ve heard the production of this game were in the low thousands. When I bought the game just after it’s relaese it was almost out of stock pertty much everywhere I looked.Â

Weird, I thought the gaming components were/are the best out of ANY stock A&A game.

The parts were a little shoddy, white speckles on some pieces, not nearly as bad as AARE with bends and flash on the plastic. It wasn’t horrible and it was the only copy I could get my hands on anyway. It doesn’t really matter all that much anyway. Spring 42 and 42SE redeemed thier quality IMHO.

• @toblerone77 A bit late to the party here but anyway…!
    The sculpts are made in a lighter plastic than later versions and the Japanese infantry sculpts, for example, really show this. Lots of them have half their helmets missing and their rifle stocks are too thin and are thus often bowed or malformed. Another example is Italian tanks which have smaller and far inferior sculpts to the europe 1940 version.
    This is my favourite Axis and Allies version regardless and I have swapped out all the pieces with better sculpts from other version. Its probably cost me a fortune in potential re sales but I don’t care.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m