• It gives very little information at the moment, but perhaps it will say more at a later date:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/prod/axisallies1914

• Those idiots still have IKUSA as “upcoming”  holy Christ!

What a joke.

• @Imperious:

Those idiots still have IKUSA as "upcoming"  holy Christ!
    What a joke.

On the other hand, the home page of our own A&A forum still says “News: Axis & Allies 1942 2nd Edition is coming in July!” at the top.

• I know you can’t release certain information but I for one have never understood why these games are such a secret. It is coming out in 2 months for Gods sake. Show us a close up of the map. How about some pieces. NO they will wait till 2 weeks before it comes out and then release some info. Larry always says he will answer questions and he answers 2 and then there is a cone of silence. I don’t get it. This is not the atomic bomb it is a board game what is the big deal.

• "News: Axis & Allies 1942 2nd Edition is coming in July!

OMG LOL

• @GoSanchez6:

I know you can’t release certain information but I for one have never understood why these games are such a secret. It is coming out in 2 months for Gods sake. Show us a close up of the map. How about some pieces. NO they will wait till 2 weeks before it comes out and then release some info. Larry always says he will answer questions and he answers 2 and then there is a cone of silence. I don’t get it. This is not the atomic bomb it is a board game what is the big deal.

Remember, this is WotC. They are afraid if they give you too much information you will realize how half a**ed they produced it and not buy it (I am talking about wotc, not necessarily Larry). They want you to buy it before you realize it’s not as good as you hoped.

• Customizer

Larry and his loyal lieutenants like Krieghund have been locked in the basement of WOTC HQ until the game is released.

What is meant to be achieved by this is a mystery. The game will almost inevitably be released with design flaws, inbalances, misprints and omissions that could easily have been ironed out by discussing the game publicly.

If I were being very cynical, I could almost suggest that this is a deliberate ploy to get people to buy the game twice.

• @Flashman:

If I were being very cynical, I could almost suggest that this is a deliberate ploy to get people to buy the game twice.Â

And while we provide the playtesting and balancing for free (although it does seem that a lot of people like the process, to be fair)

• Larry and his loyal lieutenants like Krieghund have been locked in the basement of WOTC HQ until the game is released.

What is meant to be achieved by this is a mystery. The game will almost inevitably be released with design flaws, inbalances, misprints and omissions that could easily have been ironed out by discussing the game publicly.

If I were being very cynical, I could almost suggest that this is a deliberate ploy to get people to buy the game twice.

Not admitting this is true, but all the mistakes seem to stem from some detached management of the process from WOTC of these products. The people who get salaries are mostly incompetent comic book readers who got their employment from some buddy with tattoos and earrings.

• I have often felt that WotC has lacked a strong plan for the Axis & Allies brand. There’s SO much more that they could do to market (at low cost too). Consider the way they’ve invested D&D Encounter and the Game Finder webpage. A similar investment in the A&A brand could do wonders for insuring a healthy A&A market for the future.

The pathetic official webpage is a dismal representation of any business plan that they have at WotC/Hasbro for developing the brand.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m