Get the Brit Inf back in Egypt and a Russian Bomber for 2nd Edition

• Thanks Wittman, just trying to summarize the trends- what has been happening since Final Alpha in March at least among a good portion of AA players here.

Also some more tidbits…

Here is a poll taken in late May- 3 months after Final Alpha. Notice that the Russian bomber and UK sub are the mostly popular changes. Today as you watch games online the UK sub in z98 is the most popular bid and the Russian bomber is the piece most wish the game had.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/ind … ic=27376.0

Here is a current poll and although 50% believe the game is balanced, the other 50% believe the game is slighted toward the Axis and that the Allies need a bid of $6 or more. This is after 6 months of play. BTW this INCLUDES the Brit inf on Egypt. Notice how many people think the Axis have the advantage- 0%

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/ind … ic=28609.0

• TripleA

italian bomber is gay

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Well you’re welcome for it cow.

I proudly made the case to get that piece in the game!

Deal with it.

• TripleA

you said it not me.

• I am not against the idea of the Russian bomber.  Something needs to be done to beef up the allies a little bit, but this particular solution needs to be tried out to see what folks can make of it.  It has a lot of potential.

For instance I see one scenario that I know I will do in any game I play as Russia if I have that bomber. It has become pretty common for Russia to send a mech to Turkmenistan and UK to activate East Persia on round 1.  In the event that Germany attacks Russia on G2 the mech swoops in to activate Central Persia while 2 Soviet infantry walk in to North Persia from Caucasus.  Often they bring a tank.  The reason for the tank is that without it, they would only have the 2 infantry from North Persia, plus the 2 infantry and 1 mech from East Persia when they attack Iraq next turn for the big NO money.  Five 1s versus three 2s has only a 66% chance of working but throw in the tank and it goes to 96% and with less losses.  Another way is to park a fighter or tac in Caucasus.  Either way Russia gets the big bonus but the cost is that a very valuable unit is put out of position, and they don’t have a lot of heavy hitter units to throw around.  The tank in Iraq takes several turns to get back to the front, and even a fighter or tac will have to land in Caucasus and be useless for a turn at a time when its desperately needed elsewhere.  But now suppose Russia starts out with a bomber that they deploy to Volgagrad so it can hit Iraq R3 and land back in Volgagrad, with 3 planes, both tanks and whatever artillery and infantry they have been building all stacked up menacingly in Bryansk.  Pretty scarey for Germany - maybe enough to make them pause to gather reinforcements before plunging into Belarus/North Ukraine, and allow Russia another turn to build infantry……  So my beef with the Russian bomber is that it has so much range that Russia will be able to hit Iraq with it and then return it to the front ready for service the very next turn.  They even get to avoid parking a tank or fighter/tac in Caucasus on R2.  It gives a major bump to Russia’s counterattack threat potential for a few turns and they get Iraq kind of for free.

Then there are the gamey things a guy could do with that bomber that would make everything too flakey, like naval can openers in z94 or z16, bombing West Germany airbase to stop scramble and allow US/UK landing in Denmark/Berlin, stuff like that.  Not to mention the mayhem it could cause in a sealion game if it goes to China with the Siberians.  Anything we can abuse we will abuse.

• TripleA

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=26960.0

@ younggrasshopper for my japan stuff. I don’t call J1 dow a gambit, it is a good opener (mixed criticism though), it is more entertaining according to the feedback. I see J1 DOW frequently on triple a, not so much on the forum… but I think it has to do with the nature of playing a live game in that you are trying to resolve a game in one sitting.

I would do J1 DOW on the forum, if I ever got to play Japan, unless I had a bunch of russians lined up for me in amur @_@.

• Guys,  I am retired USAF and I have never seen a gay Bomber Aircraft in my life.  Typo error?
    Where did that dumb phrase come from?
    WARRIOR888

@WARRIOR888:

Guys,  I am retired USAF and I have never seen a gay Bomber Aircraft in my life.  Typo error?
    Where did that dumb phrase come from?
    WARRIOR888

YOU’VE NEVER HEARD OF THE ENOLA GAY?

lol…

• Warrior -  the dumb phrase is courtesy of Cow; he likes to shoot his mouth off. Don’t worry, though. He normally has what he believes to be a perfectly reasonable justification for using offensive terms.  :roll: If you just sit tight, I’m sure this situation will be no exception.

• Enola Gay is a Boeing B-29 Superfortress bomber, named after Enola Gay Tibbets, mother of the pilot, then-Colonel (later Brigadier General) Paul Tibbets.[2] On 6 August 1945, during the final stages of World War II, it became the first aircraft to drop an atomic bomb as a weapon of war. The bomb, code-named “Little Boy”, was targeted at the city of Hiroshima, Japan, and caused unprecedented destruction.

WARRIOR888

So you acknowledge that there is a Gay Bomber after all? :P

• So you acknowledge that there is a Gay Bomber after all?

Acknowledged but not in the 2012 way of thinking.

WARRIOR888

• He showed you Garg!
    Agree gay is not  an appropriate term for a bomber.
    Jolly maybe.

• I think cow was trying to say that the Italian bomber makes him feel happy and gay.  He likes the bomber.

• TripleA

It is a gay bomber, it drops atom bombs made of cheese and LGBT rights. It is okay to be gay. I just want you to know that the Italian bomber is super gay.

• If you want gay, go to Florence.
    Am sure there is some form of “bombing” to be had too.
    Am trying not to visualise it.

• LOL  :-)

• The Kalin K-7!  Did this thing actually get off of the ground?  It looks like it would crash on take off. :?

WARRIOR888

That picture is a Hoax Warrior.

The plane was real, but significantly different from the picture which is a computer generated fake.

• I want to yell and say “STAY ON TOPIC” however I’m having too much fun being entertained by all the GAY BOMBER talk.  LOL :lol:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m