Historical Boardgames sponsored BATTLE OF THE AGES Tournament

• round 4 greatwar

ajmdemen(allies) vs ice(cp) –- winner ajm

20 rounds of awesomeness muchos thanks to ajm for such a good and fun game.

i send the save to Veqryn, so when he posts it u can take a look at this historical match.

ice

• Rnd 25 and still going

@ice:

round 4 greatwar

i send the save to Veqryn, so when he posts it u can take a look at this historical match.

ice

bota gw wirkey vs wassmuss.tsvg

• @ice:

round 4 greatwar

ice

I’d be interested in looking at this game. Where is it posted?

By the way, apparently several people don’t realize that there is a connection between Istanbul and the Aegean Sea. There have been at least two games (including my own) where Istanbul was left undefended, but Britain didn’t bother to take it.

• @wirkey:

Rnd 25 and still going

@ice:

round 4 greatwar

ice

Finally, after 31 Rounds of intense fighting, after the last Russian troops were shattered together with the majority of Sir Lawrence Expeditionary Corps, with Paris being surrounded by Austrians and a breaktrough in the back of the Western Front, with Ottomans expeditionary forces on their way to reinforce Austrians, with Germany gaining the offensive on the Western Front and the Med more or less still in CPs hands, the Supreme Headquarter of Allied Forces (Wassmuss) asked for a immediate cease fire. The Combined Imperial Staff (wirkey) has given order to hold positions and treat all enemy personal with respect and according to the Geneva Conventions. With beginning of the 20th hour of the 27th day of the first month, there will be no more fighting.

bota gw wirkey vs wassmuss.tsvg

• Make_It_Round wins Round 4, via turn 1 concession by Noll:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=29713.0;topicseen

• Customizer

MIR, seeing as how you guys didn’t make it past the first round of turns, (noll didn’t even play at all), I am going to try to get you a new opponent.

Unless we are unable to find you an opponent for Great War, I can not give you a “win” just yet.

Sorry if you are a little disappointed.  Whole point is to get people playing the maps after all.

• @Veqryn:

MIR, seeing as how you guys didn’t make it past the first round of turns, (noll didn’t even play at all), I am going to try to get you a new opponent.

Unless we are unable to find you an opponent for Great War, I can not give you a “win” just yet.

Sorry if you are a little disappointed.  Whole point is to get people playing the maps after all.

It’s really not fair of you to arbitrarily deprive me of a win.

A forfeit is a forfeit, whether it’s in the first round or the thirty-first.

• Customizer

MIR, throughout this entire tournament, whenever someone has dropped out or not started a game, I have switched their opponents around.
    Almost all tournaments have people drop, especially as they realize what they have committed themselves to.  Making it to the end of the tourney with 50% of people still here will be considered a success.

You can go back through this thread to find that from the beginning I have been forced to switch opponents around as people dropped or did not start.

I also quote myself from earlier in this thead:
    @Veqryn:

I should add this to the rules, although it is technically covered by point 1.

I am very very much against giving people “byes” in this tournament.

If you opponent never shows up, or you never make it past round 1, then I do plan to if at all possible, give you a new opponent.

The whole point of the tournament is to get people playing these different maps.  If you skip a round, that means you’ve skipped a map, and that makes me incredibly sad.

The fact that you could win a little something is a nice bonus, but the real incentive is the fun you will have playing on all these different boards.

So ya, if it is possible, I will find a new opponent for anyone who’s opponent is not playing.

Most people have not yet started their Round 4 games yet, so there is bound to be 1 other person who is missing an opponent.  Don’t worry, I’ll find you an opponent real soon.

• I’ve taken a look at the Middle Earth map for the first time, and I’m quite impatient to play it now.

• Pug surrenders to lalapalooza.

• I have no one to play in round 4 because the person i was going to play dropped out. Would like a new person to play.

• central powers wins against allied forces (bacala)

bacalabotagw.tsvg

• Can we get an update on what games we are waiting on from round 3?

• @Veqryn:

MIR, throughout this entire tournament, whenever someone has dropped out or not started a game, I have switched their opponents around.
    Almost all tournaments have people drop, especially as they realize what they have committed themselves to.  Making it to the end of the tourney with 50% of people still here will be considered a success.

You can go back through this thread to find that from the beginning I have been forced to switch opponents around as people dropped or did not start.

I also quote myself from earlier in this thead:
    @Veqryn:

I should add this to the rules, although it is technically covered by point 1.

I am very very much against giving people “byes” in this tournament.

If you opponent never shows up, or you never make it past round 1, then I do plan to if at all possible, give you a new opponent.

The whole point of the tournament is to get people playing these different maps.  If you skip a round, that means you’ve skipped a map, and that makes me incredibly sad.

The fact that you could win a little something is a nice bonus, but the real incentive is the fun you will have playing on all these different boards.

So ya, if it is possible, I will find a new opponent for anyone who’s opponent is not playing.

Most people have not yet started their Round 4 games yet, so there is bound to be 1 other person who is missing an opponent.  Don’t worry, I’ll find you an opponent real soon.

I’ll agree with your verdict so long as Noll takes a loss for this round; it was his choice not to play it through.

• Customizer

Yes, of course any people who drop or quit before the game gets going (Past first round of turns) take a loss for that round.

I’m going to do a checkup and see who has not yet started their Round 4 games, and then we’ll find out how many other people do not have an opponent for this round.

I’ll also update our round 3 status.

• Customizer

We are waiting on 3 games to finish in round 3 NWO.

In round 4 Great War, there are a number of people dropping, so I will have change 4 matchups for that.

I’ve sent out some PM’s, and if I don’t get any responses from people not yet started in their games, I will assume some people are dropping and will change the matchups accordingly.

HBG_BotA_tournament_triplea_2013_feb_4.zip

• i find it unfair that people who dropped are listed above people who lost and got 0 points,

droppers should get negative points imo

ice

• Customizer

Alexgreat (Allies) Defeats Most Holy (CP) in Round 4

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=29630.0

• Gekkopop (Roman Alliance) conceded to Admetus (AntiRoman Alliance) in round 20

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=29210.150

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m