Would you date a woman in the Navy?

• @Mallery29:

@LHoffman:

@special:

I wouldn’t want to be married to someone with a dangerous job. I can see myself worrying all the time and being victim to my overly vivid imagination.

Not to diminish the navy, but I don’t think either the US or Canadian Navies are exactly hazardous occupations. I am sure many more women construction workers or athletes get seriously injured each year than those in the navy. Barring working on a flight deck or being a Marine… or perhaps a pilot… US Navy ships are comparably much safer to be on in the current state of world affairs than to be in land combat; either now in “peacetime” or in a full out war.

I got a papercut this one time….got a Purple Heart for it  :wink:

Purple heart shaped sticker to cover the cut :)

edit: can’t find the correct english word, my english is really failing today, ugh)

edit 2: band aid, of course!

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

• I like women, alot  :-D

I have been recently told, that women and sailors are two different things… ?

• @Gargantua:

I have been recently told, that women and sailors are two different things… ?

Did the person who said this to you provide any kind of explanation for this cryptic comment?

She did not…

Though I can only imagine it’s something in line with the difference between Men and Marines.

• @Gargantua:

Though I can only imagine it’s something in line with the difference between Men and Marines.

Sounds like a good USMC recruiting slogan.

Back during the First Gulf War, I saw a news item on television in which a reporter spoke (on separate occasions) to a guy from the US Marines and a guy from the US Army.  When he asked the leatherneck why he was in the USMC rather than the Army, the guy answered (as I recall) “Well, I think the Army is kind of ordinary, and I think of myself as somebody who’s more than  just ordinary.”  When he later asked the GI why he was in the Army rather than the Marines, the soldier answered, “I know some guys who are in the Marines and they’re all crazy.”

• '10

@CWO:

@Gargantua:

Sounds like a good USMC recruiting slogan.

Back during the First Gulf War, I saw a news item on television in which a reporter spoke (on separate occasions) to a guy from the US Marines and a guy from the US Army.  When he asked the leatherneck why he was in the USMC rather than the Army, the guy answered (as I recall) "Well, I think the Army is kind of ordinary, and I think of myself as somebody who’s more than  just ordinary."  When he later asked the GI why he was in the Army rather than the Marines, the soldier answered, "I know some guys who are in the Marines and they’re all crazy."Â

It does not take long to get there either! Semper Fi.

• @wittmann:

Not sure my wife would appreciate me dating anyone else.
    I could not.

ditto,

My wife and I are now too old to enlist.

• This is all in fun, do not take it personal as I am only kidding.

Hell yeah.  She would know how to cook a mean breakfast and she can mop.

Marine wife would be dumb and have a giant chin.

Air Force wife would be good landscaper and mow the lawn.

Army wife would be dirty and greasy, probably good mechanic.

@Death:

Hell yeah.  She would know how to cook a mean breakfast and she can mop.

And paint as well. :)

• @Gargantua:

The Argument I overheard as to “why not” was that:

• they tend to be sluey on average…
    • that they are constantly surrounded by dudes who want to get in their pants all day long,
    • that they are less feminine/lady like
    • have mouths like a sailor
    • are as dirty as the sailors they sail with
    • are disloyal and dishonest
    • and are gone for ridiculously long extended periods of time.
    • are born with an awkward disposition or family, which is why they joined the navy in the first place

To me this just reflects prejudice and misogyny towards women occupying occupations that were traditionally reserved to men. Sound exactly like the same type of arguments on why women shouldn’t occupy front line roles in the military.

well there are no female Axis and Allies Sculpts…

And I don’t think that’s going to change.

• @Gargantua:

Playing A&A can be slow enough without the added pauses as we all compare national breast sizes.

• @wittmann:

Playing A&A can be slow enough without the added pauses as we all compare national breast sizes.

This would add a whole new meaning to the rulebook’s reference to National Advantages.

• @Gargantua:

I must be dumb because I fail to see the connection between women in the Navy and female Axis and Allies sculpts… ;)

• Does it matter?(And would you want to be able to follow all of Garg’s mental connections?)
    When I played AD&D and had silly student hair, I always wanted to play the Female Character so I could use this buxom hellish, killer of a miniature I had bought.
    Axis and Allies sculpts with boobs and not the staid old 8th Army UK one or the petrified Italian one might get more new players, admittedly spotty teenaged ones, and A&A world domination would be back on track.
    Give women sculpts the vote I say!

• @wittmann:

Does it matter?(And would you want to be able to follow all of Garg’s mental connections?)

Good point ;) But at the same time his connections can be interesting/funny to follow :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m