• I just got the game pacific and i am playing as the Japanese if i attack the (dutch’s) would that consider i am at war with everyone else?

• Yes. UK and Anzac can move in and claim them, without triggering a Japanese DOW, but Japan will do. The US will be at war too with their 40 bonus.

• TripleA '12

If I understand rightly, UK and ANZAC can just Noncombat move in and take control of them - even if not at war with Japan, and this will not trigger war. And that they can do the same when at War. Is that right?

• That is right. UK try to grab as many as they can before Japan attack them. Leaving 1 Inf on each means Japan needs to send more than just a transport to retake them. Japan usually attacks on turn 2. They really must take Kwantung and The Phillipines, sa as to deny The Allies 10 bonus income. DEI tends to be attacked the turn after their DOW.

• TripleA '12

Cool, thanks for that.

• Official Q&A

@Tbone36:

I just got the game pacific and i am playing as the Japanese if i attack the (dutch’s) would that consider i am at war with everyone else?

No.  Japan is only required to declare war on UK/ANZAC before attacking Dutch territories.  However, this declaration will make the US eligible to declare war on Japan in the Combat Move phase of its next turn.

• Japan can take any Dutch territories, without first declaring war, but
    UK, Anzac and US see this as provocation and brings all 3 to war in their next turn.

• @wittman:

Japan can take any Dutch territories, without first declaring war…

You are wrong, just trust Krieghund.

Read from the Axis & Allies Pacific 1940 FAQ:
    @Axis:

Japan
    At the beginning of the game, Japan is only at war with China.  Japan considers movement of
    units into China by any other power as an act of war against it.  Japan may declare war on any or
    all Allied powers at the beginning of the Combat Move phase of any of its turns.  Japan may
    attack Dutch territories only if a state of war exists between it and the United Kingdom and
    ANZAC
    .  Japan may attack French territories at any time, requiring no declaration of war against
    any Allied power before doing so.

This supersedes the OOB rules.
    You will find the updates here:
    http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/pdf/A&A_Pacific_1940_513_FAQ.pdf

• Thank you. Had not seen that and was unhappy to contradict Kriegkund, but could not see any difference with what I had said. Now I realise without a japanese DOW against UK/Anzac a Japanese player could have moved through an occupied sea hex on its way to a Dutch territory. Now it cannot. Though, of course, my way and knowing I was provoking war with UK/Anzac, I would have attacked them too and, therefore, not moved illegally through a sea zone . You have to love Japan.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m