• '20 '19 '18 '16 '15 '11 '10

We are setting up a game and have decided to use the shipyards rule from the HBG website. Problem is that shipyards are called for in Marseilles and Leningrad, both of which have no adjacent IC. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to play this?

Obviously the Soviet and German players are very concerned to resolve this.

• I just read the rules that you were talking about and though the other cities/territorries mentioned all have industrial complexes, I believe that the rules imply that the ship yard is the complex.  It only builds ships but that the ship yard is the complex while a naval base is strictly a launching/supply facility.  Marseilles nor Leningrad have the territorial value to support a major complex so I would imagine that the intent of the rule is to consider the shipyard as a minor industrial complex and thus limiting the number of units produced.  I don’t see the reasoning in having the home nations have to build an I/C in order to make the shipyard worth anything.  Though the Soviets could build an I/C in Leningrad, the Germans nor Italians could build in occupied southern France. 
    The question I have about the rule is, do you build only in shipyards as the rule implies and if so, what ablout the ANZACs, FEC, Canadians, and South Africans?  The get the game play behind the rule but it is a little vague the way it is written.  You may have to clarify it for your own play.

• Marseilles is worth 3 so you could build more than 3 ships. The rule does state only capital ships can be built in these shipyards period.

• @Dafyd:

I just read the rules that you were talking about and though the other cities/territorries mentioned all have industrial complexes, I believe that the rules imply that the ship yard is the complex.  It only builds ships but that the ship yard is the complex while a naval base is strictly a launching/supply facility.  Marseilles nor Leningrad have the territorial value to support a major complex so I would imagine that the intent of the rule is to consider the shipyard as a minor industrial complex and thus limiting the number of units produced.  I don’t see the reasoning in having the home nations have to build an I/C in order to make the shipyard worth anything.  Though the Soviets could build an I/C in Leningrad, the Germans nor Italians could build in occupied southern France. 
    The question I have about the rule is, do you build only in shipyards as the rule implies and if so, what ablout the ANZACs, FEC, Canadians, and South Africans?  The get the game play behind the rule but it is a little vague the way it is written.  You may have to clarify it for your own play.

Ship yards are for capital ships. Industrial complex plus naval base can still build small ships. They can build shipyards to build capitol ships.

• OOPS…I missed the detail about capitol ships.  I think what KOBA’s question was concerned with is whether an industrial complex would need to be present for the two ship yards in question.  I expanded the question because of the mising detail.  Foe the more learned amungst us: would the ship yards need an industrial complex or do they qualify as the industrial complex?

• You do not need industrial complexes two.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m