• Customizer

@Tall:

Toblerone77,

––I’d be quite happy to see your latest paint jobs. All of us inspire each other, not to mention we get to enjoy someone else’s cool paint jobs. As a matter of fact, LHoffman should be posting pics of the German aircraft ‘prototypes’ today or tomorrow on his thread. I’ll be looking forward to seeing your newest units.

“Tall Paul”

LHoffman does some nice stuff I can’t wait to see that!

• '14

@Tall:

Toblerone77,

––I’d be quite happy to see your latest paint jobs. All of us inspire each other, not to mention we get to enjoy someone else’s cool paint jobs. As a matter of fact, LHoffman should be posting pics of the German aircraft ‘prototypes’ today or tomorrow on his thread. I’ll be looking forward to seeing your newest units.

“Tall Paul”

I tried painting the bases of my Infantry units, but after countless fails (maybe too much coffee. Or, too little. I dunno its a VERY fine line) i gave up. I may go back and do the air craft (I am thinking it may be an easier start to get the ball rolling) but only after i magnetise the ACC’s and the corresponding fighters and Tac bombers for Global 40.

• Customizer

Wartorn & Others,

––FYI,… the painted bases on the Infantry units were painted by an artist named Chad Coffman, a.k.a. “Allworkandnoclay” rather than LHoffman. He just finished another “batch” of units if you want to see pics of them. Lucas does an amazing job himself, especially on the tiniest of details like cockpit frames, etc.
    ––I’m always up for seeing some of your painted units,…it keeps us all inspirred.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Personally I do bases in black. Just because it is easier for jack boots or easy to paint leggings. It also makes it easier if you decide later to use modeling terrain such as grass or soil at a latter point.

• Adding the national symbol to all those bases sure is time consuming, but it does help out in quickly knowing who’s forces are who’s. It would almost be easier to cut the base off, paint them and glue them back together.

• Customizer

Guys,

@Nobel:

Adding the national symbol to all those bases sure is time consuming, but it does help out in quickly knowing who’s forces are who’s. It would almost be easier to cut the base off, paint them and glue them back together.

––Having the bases of my Infantry units painted with their national insignia isn’t just to add to their “Cool Factor”,…it serves an actual purpose in that I find that I don’t need to use any
    “teritory control markers”
    on the gameboard, thus getting rid of some of the “clutter”, which is important even on a board that’s been enlarged to 4’ x 9’.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Guys,

@Nobel:

Adding the national symbol to all those bases sure is time consuming, but it does help out in quickly knowing who’s forces are who’s. It would almost be easier to cut the base off, paint them and glue them back together.

––Since you’re interested, here’s pics of the ‘latest batch’ from “Allworkandnoclay”:
    USA Rifle infantry-European scheme (left) and UK Rifle Infantry-European scheme (right).

“Tall Paul”

Infantry-USA_Europe01.jpg
    Infantry-UK_Europe01.jpg

• Customizer

And let’s not forget the Russian Rifle Infantry in Winter scheme that were just completed.

“Tall Paul”

Infantry-Russia_Winter01.jpg

• @Tall:

And let’s not forget the Russian Rifle Infantry in Winter scheme that were just completed.

Very nice!  I note with amusement that you posted this on the last half-day of this year’s winter, so perhaps the next painted set we’ll see will be Germans equiped for a summer offensive (or splattered with Russian springtime mud).  :-)

• Customizer

CWO & others,

@CWO:

@Tall:

Very nice!  I note with amusement that you posted this on the last half-day of this year’s winter, so perhaps the next painted set we’ll see will be Germans equiped for a summer offensive (or splattered with Russian springtime mud).  :-)

––Our first German Infantry types will be the Paratroopers. I held off doing all of the German Minor Infantry(Romania, etc) because I heard that HBG will be introducing some new units for these in their up-coming Global Warfare 1939 Expansion Sets.
    ––The Expansion Sets will also include a “Winter War” set with Russian & Finnish Ski Infantry! That ought to be some interesting “eye candy”.
    ––The German & Japanese Paratroopers(+ others) will be added to the que following the present ‘batch’ of some Infrastucture and Aircraft units.
    ----Who’s got some more new painted unit pics for me to enjoy seeing?!

“Tall Paul”

• @Tall:

Who’s got some more new painted unit pics for me to enjoy seeing?!

Regretably, not me.  When it comes to A&A sculpts, I’m a purist for natural-colour naked plastic.  Which, ironically, is why I’m so impressed by people who not only have the eyesight and the hand control to paint such tiny sculpts in such exquisite detail but who also have the patience and motivation to do so for dozens upon dozens of identical units.

• These painted metal pieces all look so good. Can someone tell me where to buy the metal pieces?  There are so many oversized pieces and I want to only get the pieces that are axis and allies sized. It’s very confusing because no website tells how big the pieces actually are. Everything is a fraction and each piece uses a different scale. What are the correct ratio scales for each unit? I’d like to start with fighters bombers and aircraft carriers.

• @ColonelPotter:

What are the correct ratio scales for each unit?

See this thread for information on scale:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=32007.0

• Has anyone painted their early war Russians yet? I’d very much like to see some paint schemes for those.

• “painted playing pieces” are just that, decals are way out of scale, not the emblem the plastic of the decal itself is too nasty on minis this size. These paint jobs are amazing!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m