• Customizer

As a piece collector with a ton of pieces, I was thinking of all uses of the old AA guns. So I decided to use them as piece to upgrade transports.

How it works:

Armed Transports- For 5 IPCs you may upgrade you transport to A1/D1/M2/C7+5

You will use the old AA gun to mark that it is armed. It cannot be removed and the modification is non-transferable.

Cargo is limited to 1 land unit.

It is has no bombardment, ASW, commerce raiding or any other special ability other than it may attack as well as defend as well as transport one ground unit.

It still remains the last casualty taken as per OOB rules.

Edit: This is more geared as a “fun” idea not to be taken too seriously. Please feel free to post any other ideas that involve your old AA guns.

• '17 '16

This AKA (attacking Cargo Ships) is not cheap and loose too much transport capacity.

• Customizer

LOL yes I know Baron. It’s not meant to be a very serious rule

• Customizer

Second Idea:

Coastal Guns-

A4/D4/M0/C15

Coastal guns may fire at warships in adjacent sea zones at a range of one. They may be used defensively or offensively. However surface warships may return fire and destroy coastal guns.

The may be built on any territory with a coastline or island.

The limit of guns per TT is the TT value, a limit of one is permitted on coastal TTs and islands that have no IPC value.

They are considered a immobile unit that can be destroyed.

When encountering an amphibious assault, it negates enemy shore bombardment as the attacking force must engage it as if it were a naval battle.

They are not captured as they are considered an immobile land unit.

They may be taken as a casualty, but do not participate in standard land battles.

They cannot be strategically bombed.

They cannot blockade a SZ i.e. they cannot stop the building of ships even though an enemy TT may also border a SZ within range of the guns.

• In the Milton Bradley days they used to call this the “Q-ship” rule. Usually because the game had no destroyers or cruisers. I don’t think its needed IMO

• Customizer

@Imperious:

In the Milton Bradley days they used to call this the “Q-ship” rule. Usually because the game had no destroyers or cruisers. I don’t think its needed IMO

It’s not really. The idea came from an Axis & Allies knock-off set in the modern era. It hat game you could buy a AAA missle and attach it to your naval vessels.

I have a huge stock of pieces and I have wanted to do something with my AA guns from the older editions.

• One way I’ve used my old generic AAA pieces (like you, I have a considerable stock of these units) is to combine them with other light grey pieces from other sources (mainly HBG and The War Game: WWII) to create a light-grey Neutral Powers / Other Powers set.  The inclusion of the old AAA sculpts allows me to provide this artificial set with at least one genuine A&A OOB component, which is a connection that I like to have just as a matter of personal preference.

• I use them for the Radar tech

• Customizer

@CWO:

One way I’ve used my old generic AAA pieces (like you, I have a considerable stock of these units) is to combine them with other light grey pieces from other sources (mainly HBG and The War Game: WWII) to create a light-grey Neutral Powers / Other Powers set.  The inclusion of the old AAA sculpts allows me to provide this artificial set with at least one genuine A&A OOB component, which is a connection that I like to have just as a matter of personal preference.

Lol I never even thought of that!

• Customizer

@Yavid:

I use them for the Radar tech

I thought of something similar,  but I also have the radar dishes from Fortress America to use. That still may be a good idea for a tech though.

• @toblerone77:

@Yavid:

I thought of something similar,  but I also have the radar dishes from Fortress America to use. That still may be a good idea for a tech though.

speaking of Fortress America is there any really good pieces a piece junkie can steal out of the game?

• Customizer

@Yavid:

@toblerone77:

@Yavid:

I thought of something similar,�  but I also have the radar dishes from Fortress America to use. That still may be a good idea for a tech though.

speaking of Fortress America is there any really good pieces a piece junkie can steal out of the game?

Those city pieces look pretty cool imo:
    http://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic1334266_md.jpg

• Customizer

@Yavid:

@toblerone77:

@Yavid:

I thought of something similar,�  but I also have the radar dishes from Fortress America to use. That still may be a good idea for a tech though.

The city and partisan pieces are pretty good.

• Customizer

@toblerone77:

@Yavid:

@toblerone77:

@Yavid:

I thought of something similar,��  but I also have the radar dishes from Fortress America to use. That still may be a good idea for a tech though.

Do you know how many of each the game comes with? I’ve never played or purchased this one, might have to take a look.

• Customizer

@Baron:

This AKA (attacking Cargo Ships) is not cheap and loose too much transport capacity.

HBG will be producing armed transports in the near future.

• Customizer

@ossel:

@toblerone77:

@Yavid:

@toblerone77:

@Yavid:

I thought of something similar,��  but I also have the radar dishes from Fortress America to use. That still may be a good idea for a tech though.

Do you know how many of each the game comes with? I’ve never played or purchased this one, might have to take a look.

I’m not really sure about the FA cities but I think the game came with 18-24 I’m not sure. Mine was a yard sale copy I bought for parts. If we’re talking AA guns, the standard was 12.

• I’m considering buying the game to steal the pieces from it.

• Customizer

If you just want the cities I’d buy the new edition from Fantasy Flight games. The cities in that look a bit cooler. The pieces in it are almost too large to do anything with. For other buildings there’s Age of Imperialism. There’s a lot of cool bits in there too.

• Ikusa for Major Industrial complexes in Asia seems cool too, Risk pieces for other places.

• Customizer

@Yavid:

Ikusa for Major Industrial complexes in Asia seems cool too, Risk pieces for other places.

Hmmm never thought of that.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m