• '22 '16

Just looking for some ideas for this uncharted scenario in my game play.

The stage:  Turn 7  Germany about to take a stab at Moscow.  Japan finally getting a handle on China has the DEI but US and ANZAC navy harassing transport lanes for the assault on India.  Italy finally lost all naval ships in the Med.  Egypt will be secured by UK in the next turn.  US has built a bomber fleet based out of London that erased the German navy and buried the West German factory. UK is ready to start building a fleet based out of London.  German bombers kept London in the dark for a while.  The US took Normandy with 0 axis troops occupying France which assures at least one build out of Normandy.  My question as the US player is what would you build and what would your goal be while you have Normandy?  Do UK and US try to hold it knowing all of Germanys income will be focusing on us in a turn or two?  Continue to pound Italy into a turtle situation?  Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

• Got saved game or pictures?

• Agree with ghr2, need pics!!

• '22 '16

Okay, I will see if I have some time later today to get some pictures up for you guys.  Thanks.

• '22 '16

Atlantic side

A&A 001_opt.jpg
    A&A 002_opt.jpg

• '22 '16

1 more Atlantic

A&A 003_opt.jpg

• '22 '16

Pacific side

A&A 004_opt.jpg
    A&A 005_opt.jpg

• Tough call, u need to start spending alot to hold egypt.  Allies have really dug themselves a hole.  Japan needs to be contained before russia falls.  Since russia is gone, the allies need to be spending almost everything for the europe side to prevent the win.

I would almost concede at this point as allies.  Italy is not handled, middle east/egypt are virtually compromised, and Japan still large and incharge.

• Game’s not lost yet, but it’s getting close to a tipping point. You can still win, but you need to act fast. You can’t hold Normandy. It might have been worth it to distract Germany if Russia was still around. But now it won’t really gain you much other than dead allied troops. Norway is an option though, no Baltic transports and no troops in Finland gives you a shot at taking it and maybe laying down an minor. Tough to say though as I don’t know how much cash Germany has and I don’t know what follow on units are coming over from EUS.

India looks safe for now, I’d consider one of 2 things. 1, stack Burma with all the Indians and then start moving into China some. 2, start sending some of them towards the middle east as you’ll need those troops. You could probably do both as it looks like you have at least 40 inf in India, so no more inf needed. Get mech/arm/fighters if you want to support the middle east/Egypt. Or art/mech/arm/fighters to take down the Japanese.

Kill the Italian fleet, you don’t need Italy harassing you. And then lay down at least 1 minor in Egypt and maybe a 2nd in Persia. Persia will be tricky to hold though. You do have a couple turns to build up some defenses there, so it’s possible as long as you block his blitzing tanks with the Russians and really focus on getting allied help to the middle east. But if it falls, you help Germany out quite a bit. Might just be safer to churn out mech in SAF, build infantry in Egypt, and fly in allied air. It’s amazing how fast you can cobble a D together in the middle east, especially if India is in a position to send help. But Germany can go through you like a sword through wet paper towel if you don’t take action soon.

• '22 '16

Thanks for the comments.  I agree that the tipping point is perilously close.  The UK player is a newbie and screwed up his last turn.  Italy should not have any transports which would of probably negated the carrier they just bought.  Now the fight for Egypt is compromised.  I should of been watching when he took his turn.  Oh well its a teaching moment I guess.  Always destroy undefended transports!!(if you can).  I thought taking Norway would be a good move.  I can take France.  Is it worth it?  What is the best use for the US bombers, End the Italian naval presence? Help take France? Attack Southern France?

• Definitely concentrate on Italy. I would  eliminate Italian Naval presence and put pressure on the Med. Italy onthe defensive is  a good start for Allied expansion.

Of course, taking Norway is always good. It panics the German player and can signal the beginning of the end
    Do not take Paris unless you can keep it, or you give the revenue back to Germany!

• i’d say, euro-axis has won already. even if italy is going to lose every transport, germany is able to produce up to twelve fast units in russia while keeping europe defended united with italy. With 70-80 IPCs at hand germany could switch to an adaptation of operation “dark sky” (bombers) to threaten the allied fleet. some subs, mech and infantry combined with bombers. finito. Japan is strong enough to keep india at bay and threatened as well to deny any help for egypt.

well done!  :wink:

• Customizer

One thing I found interesting is that Germany took Moscow without first taking the Ukraine. In our games, whenever Germany takes Moscow they always get the Ukraine first – first to take the income and factory away from Russia and to provide more units for the attack on Moscow.

By the way, your Japanese units are really bright orange. Did you paint them?

• '22 '16

@knp7765:

One thing I found interesting is that Germany took Moscow without first taking the Ukraine. In our games, whenever Germany takes Moscow they always get the Ukraine first – first to take the income and factory away from Russia and to provide more units for the attack on Moscow.

Yeah it is kind of a strange game. I get to play on my lunch breaks at work we call it the testing ground.  I was screwing around with Russia and testing how to grab the middle east most effectively.  I was probably too aggressive in Russia and I bought to many luxury units for fun.  Definitely allowed Germany to take Moscow much easier than it should of been. I was also playing around with a US bomber strategy.  I learned a lot though.

• '22 '16

@knp7765:

By the way, your Japanese units are really bright orange. Did you paint them?

No painted pieces.  This set is my co-workers, he leaves it at work so we can play.  My personal game at home has all custom painted pieces.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m