• While not at war can UK/ANZAC pass through Japanese ships during noncombat movement?

If yes, I assume they can end their movement in a sea zone with Japanese units as well?

• @Tyzoq:

While not at war can UK/ANZAC pass through Japanese ships during noncombat movement?

If yes, I assume they can end their movement in a sea zone with Japanese units as well?

yes they can

• thank you for the quick response.

• Official Q&A

“Income” is IPCs that are collected during the Collect Income phase.  Any IPCs normally collected during that phase are not collected while your capital is held by the enemy.  IPCs collected at other times, such as plunder from a capured enemy capital, are not income and are collected whether or not your capital is enemy-held.

• '10

US NAVAL MOVEMENT IN THE PACIFIC:

Please clarify this rule:
    12. The United States Navy, while being neutral, has the following movement restrictions. It can only move to sea zones that are adjacent to US territories in the Atlantic (more specifically Sea zones 121, 101, 89 and 64). US warships (not transports) may also conduct long range patrols into sea zone 102. In the Pacific it can only end naval movements in sea zones that are not adjacent to Japanese-controlled territories and islands.

“Adjacent”
    1. Sea zones 16 and 18 are adjacent to sea zones containing Japanese islands, although not containing Japanese islands. Is the US allowed to enter these sea zones while nuetral?

• '10

I mean, end its movement, not enter.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Yes.  The sea zones are neutral.  They do not contain any Japanese territories.  Same with SZ 7 and 24, etc.  Adjacent means next to Japanese territories like SZ 6, SZ 19, 20, 36, 37 (adjacent to Siam), etc.

Basically, if the sea zone is deviod of any land mass or there is only allied territories in the sea zone, the American’s can go there.

• '12

@Krieghund:

“Income” is IPCs that are collected during the Collect Income phase.  Any IPCs normally collected during that phase are not collected while your capital is held by the enemy.  IPCs collected at other times, such as plunder from a capured enemy capital, are not income and are collected whether or not your capital is enemy-held.

Thanks KH and SAS.  That’s how I’ve always played, but I had I rules lawyer situation  as P.23 of AAE refers to it as “bonus IPCs” in the first paragraph, as opposed to “income”.  Though now I see “bonus income” inbold at the top of the page.

• '10

HELP: sea movement, straights.

I can’t find my rule book and the Europe one is no where on the net… although the Pacific one is everywhere.

What are the rules for movement through:
    1. Danish straight
    2. Gibralter straight
    3. Black Sea striaght
    4. Suez

I think I know the answers, but need to make sure.

• @DutchmanD:

HELP: sea movement, straights.

I can’t find my rule book and the Europe one is no where on the net… although the Pacific one is everywhere.

What are the rules for movement through:
    1. Danish straight

Friendly Control of Denmark is req’d for any naval unit to pass (or permission, if neutral in Russia’s case)

@DutchmanD:

2. Gibralter straight

Surface ships allied to the whoever controls Gibralter can pass freely (or permission, somehow if still neutral in Russia’s case).  Submarines of any power can always pass through regardless of control.

@DutchmanD:

3. Black Sea striaght

The only way through is to control Turkey

@DutchmanD:

4. Suez

Friendly control of BOTH Eqypt and Transjordan

• '10

Thx man, that’s what I thought.

Wanted to make sure no friendly control of Morocco was required in addition to Gibralter and was unsure on Turkey.

• '10

Upgrading Industrial Complexes:

If I start with a turn with a minor, upgrade to a major, can I place 10 units out of it that turn or can only produce 3 units that turn?

• @DutchmanD:

Upgrading Industrial Complexes:

If I start with a turn with a minor, upgrade to a major, can I place 10 units out of it that turn or can only produce 3 units that turn?

• Page 22 phase 5 Mobilize new units of the Europe book 1940

• i think i remember seeing this somewhere on here, but im not certain…. i thought i saw that you could ncm things to the dutch indies with anzac. while they are dutch. if this is true, could you take something then ncm planes to it??? ty in advance :)

• nvr mind. i found it. for once the search function was actually helpful :-o :-o :-o

@moompix:

@Van_Trump:

Can ANZAC (or UK) land fighters on unoccupied Dutch territories during non-combat move?
    Does this count as taking possession of territories?

_The United Kingdom and ANZAC

… As a result, they are free to move units into these territories as a noncombat movement at any time, as long as they have not yet been captured by Japan. They may actually take control of them (gaining their IPC income) by moving land units into them._

The answers to your questions are
    Yes
    No

• Alpha+3 Questions:

1. Did the “self-defense antiaircraft ability” of the airbase, naval base and factory have 1 shoot per enemy plane with ‘1’, or did they have an maximum of 3 shoots in case they were attacked from more than 3 planes (like the AA Guns)?

2. Can Chinese Units move in Non-Combat-Movement in Kwangtung and Burma, or can they only attack enemy units there? (Page 9, Pacific Rule Book: “While they are not Chinese territories and cannot be controlled by China, Chinese forces can attack Axis units there and occupy them, (…)”

3. Has anybody see the difference:

Alpha+2: “Collect 5 IPCs per turn for EACH of the following territories, Novgorod (Leningrad), Volgograd (Stalingrad), and/or Russia (Moscow) controlled by the Axis.”
    Alpha+3: “5 IPCs per territory if Germany controls Novgorod (Leningrad), Volgograd (Stalingrad), and/or Russia (Moscow).”

So, in Alpha+3, if Japan or Italy controls Stalingrad and/or Leningrad and/or Moscow, the Germans don’t get the NO’s?!

• @Skippi:

Alpha+3 Questions:

1. Did the “self-defense antiaircraft ability” of the airbase, naval base and factory have 1 shoot per enemy plane with ‘1’, or did they have an maximum of 3 shoots in case they were attacked from more than 3 planes (like the AA Guns)?

Great question.  I re-read the rules on AA guns and on SBR in the Alpha 3 rules and it looks like the base AA guns still shoot unlimited at bombers (not subject to limit of 3).  However, you should wait for Krieghund’s reply on this one.

2. Can Chinese Units move in Non-Combat-Movement in Kwangtung and Burma, or can they only attack enemy units there? (Page 9, Pacific Rule Book: “While they are not Chinese territories and cannot be controlled by China, Chinese forces can attack Axis units there and occupy them, (…)”

Yes, Chinese units may always freely move into Kwangtung or Burma, including during non-combat.

3. Has anybody see the difference:

Alpha+2: “Collect 5 IPCs per turn for EACH of the following territories, Novgorod (Leningrad), Volgograd (Stalingrad), and/or Russia (Moscow) controlled by the Axis.”
    Alpha+3: “5 IPCs per territory if Germany controls Novgorod (Leningrad), Volgograd (Stalingrad), and/or Russia (Moscow).”

So, in Alpha+3, if Japan or Italy controls Stalingrad and/or Leningrad and/or Moscow, the Germans don’t get the NO’s?!

Good eye.  Wait for Krieghund on this one too.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

The way I read it is that the power in question has to control the territories to get the NO, it is not communal unless it specifically states it is communal.

For instance:

5 IPCs per territory if Germany controls Novgorod (Leningrad), Volgograd (Stalingrad), and/or Russia (Moscow). Theme: High strategic and propaganda value.

Alpha 3

vs

Collect 5 IPC’s per turn for each of the following territories controled by the Axis: Novgorod, Volgograd, Russia.

Alpha 2

So I believe the rule was changed.  Not sure if deliberately or if it actually was changed, but the reading implies it.

Be glad to know about the facilities and their AA Guns as well, Krieg.

• Official Q&A

1. Facilities still have unlimited AA shots.

3. This is an error, and it will be corrected.  Germany gets the IPCs if any Axis power controls the territories.  This is also true of Germany’s Caucasus NO and Japan’s “at war” NOs.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m