• I really like the tank models but i really would have Loved them if they were the same scale as A&A tanks. Hopefully int the future if you make naval and air units, you can scale them to A&A pieces

• Hi TT, why didnt you make artillery ?

Just 5 different rifles and 5 different tanks, and you want the customers to make the rules ?

I loved your old products with rockets, mines, jets, jeeps, landing crafts, halftracks etc.

But now I think you got lost.

Honestly.  :cry: :cry: :cry:

• @CWO:

@Table:

When I designed the new tanks I used the A&A Sherman as what I would make the smallest tank.  Tanks like the Stuart would be that size.  Then I scaled up the other tanks from that size so they would be in correct proportion to each other.

Thanks for the clarifications.  So in other words, the TT tanks are correctly proportioned relative to each other, but they are on a different scale compared with the A&A tanks, and the reason that the smaller TT tanks are the same size as the A&A tanks is that the smallest TT ones depict smaller types of tanks than the ones depicted by A&A.

YES  :-o

• To make 5 similare tanks, just in different sizes, was big mistake.

The correct move would have been to make halftrack, tank, heavy tank, tank destroyer and selfpropelled artillery.

Garmans.jpg

• @Razor:

Hi TT, why didnt you make artillery ?

Just 5 different rifles and 5 different tanks, and you want the customers to make the rules ?

I loved your old products with rockets, mines, jets, jeeps, landing crafts, halftracks etc.

But now I think you got lost.

Honestly.  :cry: :cry: :cry:

Look, A&A already has artillery.  Step 1 as I seen it was to expand on the infantry and Armor units options.  I have a second set designed once these are completed that will include trucks, mobile artillery, mobile AA guns…

As for rules, I am meeting with some game designers next weekend at GenCon about putting together a complete product.  Our goal is to have a product with 200 pieces with a hard board, rules, player aids and boxed to sell for $60.

• I just wish you had used Axis & Allies tank sizes as a base - I.E. make the Hotchkiss & Stuart a little smaller than the Sherman/T-34, make the rest of the tanks the same, and some heavy tanks the size of the new A&A Panther.

Honestly I have no use for such huge tanks.

EDIT: The sad thing is I LOVE your models - I just wish they were smaller.

• Customizer

Are you guys trying to chase Jack off the board?

Success means he can give us more down the road, and probably to your liking.

Lighten up.

• Jim,

You are right – my tone is probably a bit harsh.

Jack,

My sincere apologies – I will buy some sets of your pieces to support your endeavor, I just wish you had come to these forums and asked for feedback prior to making these pieces. They are gorgeous, and I hope in your second run you make them in line with A&A tank scale and in A&A colors.

In the meantime, best of luck with your sales!

• I’m not going anywhere.  I will check back every day.  My job if I want to sell product is to try my best to please everyone.  Well, I’ll try to get as many as I can.
    Now my email address is jwgeisler@aol.com
    I’m taking a picture of both the A&A Panther and my Panther right next to each other.  As I have not yet figured out how to insert an image here I will email anyone a pic.

• Customizer

Reloader,

Understood   :-)

Jack,

I’ll get some.  And are there plans for ships?  WWII and modern?

And while you’re here - I REALLY want some pieces in Xeno colours!

Cheers

• The correct move would have been to make halftrack, tank, heavy tank, tank destroyer and selfpropelled artillery.

I think so too except the last two are really the same thing.

I see it as:

early war tank ( light)
    midwar tank ( medium)
    late war tank ( heavy)
    SPA
    Halftrack

jack:

I swear to god you don’t realize the potential you got… Just make the tanks smaller and in colors to match axis and allies and you will triple the sales. 100%

If you do that and possibly sell the tanks separately from the infantry same price just more tanks…

Then you will have the money to seed all your other ideas… Also not sure what is holding up the Russians and Japanese?

Once you got the armor down, then rework the infantry and make actual toy soldiers… or if your idea is to make pieces that are not already axis and allies then make items like fortifications, rocket ( v2 sites, heavy bombers, airborne infantry ( not gun but soldier with gun) etc…

Thats the niche you created over the years and you should be true to that if it got you to this point. Make the pieces that AA does not cover.

Or perhaps just start a world war I line of pieces which have never been tried. :wink:

• Yes I have designed ships and carriers of different sizes that hold from 1 to 4 planes.  Everything so far has been WWII.
    When I produced modern pieces they didn’t sell half as good as the WWII products.  It is much tougher to justify building mold for modern units.

Changing a color is not that hard but you first have to purchase concentrate to blend with the plastic.  The cost of 50 pounds is $500 and you still have to pay for plastic and machine time.  If I can see breaking even I would spend the money.  Once I get the 8 countries completed ( that will be about 60 to 75 days) then I can run a different color of any country and have it ready in 2 days.

• Color is less important than the size issue. Of course the sales will seed one then the other idea, but first you got to get the ducks in a row and get the size reconfigured.

The types of tanks you selected are easily identifiable not by size but by form. The size issue is of crucial importance because the map does not support the larger sized pieces.

A tiger tank will always be a tiger tank. it does not need to be larger.

• @Imperious:

The correct move would have been to make halftrack, tank, heavy tank, tank destroyer and selfpropelled artillery.

I think so too except the last two are really the same thing.

I see it as:

early war tank ( light)
    midwar tank ( medium)
    late war tank ( heavy)
    SPA
    Halftrack

jack:

I swear to god you don’t realize the potential you got… Just make the tanks smaller and in colors to match axis and allies and you will triple the sales. 100%

If you do that and possibly sell the tanks separately from the infantry same price just more tanks…

Then you will have the money to seed all your other ideas… Also not sure what is holding up the Russians and Japanese?

Once you got the armor down, then rework the infantry and make actual toy soldiers… or if your idea is to make pieces that are not already axis and allies then make items like fortifications, rocket ( v2 sites, heavy bombers, airborne infantry ( not gun but soldier with gun) etc…

Thats the niche you created over the years and you should be true to that if it got you to this point. Make the pieces that AA does not cover.

Or perhaps just start a world war I line of pieces which have never been tried. :wink:

Much easier said then done. Requires many dollars and much planning.

I gotta go and take that picture and reply to the email that have already arrived.

• Exactly what Imperious Leader said - you can have “slight” differentions in size (i.e. the Japanese tank is a hair smaller than the Sherman), but your pieces have good enough detail that we can tell what is what. Just make sure that no tank is bigger than the current A&A Panther!

I hope your Hotchkiss is a small (A&A sized) tank… fingers crossed!

• If everyone is worried about the size of the sculpts, the easy solution is to download one of IL’s maps and blow it up a bit.  My buddy has some of Table Tactics pieces and we have some house rules with “Heavy Tanks” and use his bigger pieces for them.

FYI, They look much more out of wack until you get them in your hands and realize, “That’s not that big!”  :evil:

Brian

• I really like the detail of the various tank models. And as I said I boardgamegeek, I’ll use the infantry pieces in my Memoir '44 game as Special Weapons Assets.

• The map could be larger, but the relationship between AA pieces and these larger tank units is off-putting. I have tried to use World War Two: The Game pieces but they are too large and look ridiculous. Of course i will buy them all anyway, but the point is to give jack the information and opinions so he can make better use of his investment to possibly add to sales. The pieces he had before were very compatible and its not clear why that changed when he made these new pieces.

I do wish people BEFORE they decide to make anything try to get the input from potential customers so that they can make the most informed decision.

FMG knows this very well and made the best use of this idea.

On the other hand the guy who made that WW3 game with AA type bits  ( forgot the name of that game but i did buy 4 copies)…. i feel very sorry for him. He didn’t prepare any amount of research to get feedback from the public… He just released a game and is stuck with probably thousands of these games. All because he didn’t do his homework.

• Imperious Leader - the game you are talking about is “Superpowers”

Very sad to see what happened to him - it is so easy to do customer research nowadays, and I am glad to see FMG making sure he listens to his audience.

• Jack, could you possibly show the Italian armored units next to the A&A lineup (the colored tanks in your US photo)? I want to see how close they are in size - I might want a few extra orders from Fairplay if they are.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m