IL's Axis and Allies Global 1939 and 1942 files

• IL did you delete my post or something?

no never. You posted it here?

Again, Very Nice!

I thought about you when i was making the roundels. I knew it would be something you like. And it will appeal to the Canada peeps who cry about under representation. Even Vichy territories are outlined.

I welcome all commentary on what rules should be included, but this is a KISS project.

One thing is the stated IPC for USA will be about 35-40 IPC but they must be at a total value of 65 IPC… the difference will be accounted by lend lease and income that can be interdicted and sunk by axis. How to bring this about is the question, what modeling do you propose to account for this system. This game will not permit allied troops landing in Russia. That is ridiculous beyond comprehension. That is what the Lend Lease rules will attempt to solve and eliminate this concept and give the Soviets some teeth to fight.

second problem is this:

VC will consist of capitals worth 5 points and strategic cities worth 1 point

6 major cities as capitals, and 24 strategic cities… need list of 24 based on the map file.

on list: current VC for AA50 and…

Kursk, Rostov, Baku, Kiev, Oslo, Mosul, etc…

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

First of all let me say, you did a great job on the map and your work is greatly appreciated. I will give you some critique since you asked.
    I am not a fan on the Australian roundel , it was post 1945 and since you made all the axis minors having prewar roundels I am surprised you did this. I am working on roundels that are more like they used. I know it is your design and I appreciate your work.
    Are you going to add Polish roundels and some others.
    Great job IL ! I will think about some rule additions.

• No Polish roundels…. sadly because its a gimme that they are gone on G1.

The roundels are printed so they are viable for both scenarios ( 39 and 42). Poland does not make the cut, but i guess i can add them in.

The roundel for Australians was the ANZAC for air force. What roundel should be used?

I like the fact that its alot like Canada’s roundel, so its easy to connect it as a crown colony for UK.

• OK here is the final map file.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tuz2cj1zxyj

Regarding Victory Conditions:

6 major capitals and 42 strategic Cities are represented. Major counts as 5 points, Strategic City each worth 1 point

Axis requirements:

Germany and Italy need 24 points and one Capital to win. They have to control the 24 points for a complete turn to win. Germany and Italy have combined VC.

Japan needs 18 points in any manner. Also complete turn.

Allied requirements:

Soviet Union must take Berlin and a total of 24 points to win. in 1939 they start with 15 points, so Berlin and 4 others

UK needs to take Rome and 24 Points to win. They also need have either them or USA controlling Paris. They start with 15 points in 1939.

USA needs Tokyo and 24 Points to win. They start with 6 in 1939. Note that USA has stated income of 40, but another 20-25 will represent Lend Lease that must go to UK and SU ( no soviets and western allies in same territory)

Note on the map Germany is properly represented and Japan has corrected economic capabilities. Not alot of money for Japan in Asia. This was deliberate to force them to control the Pacific and not bogus impossible tank drives to Moscow. Of course they can still take a long drive to Moscow, only it will no longer be rewarded at Russia’s expense.  The Soviets have a real decent distribution of income based on what they were capable of and the eastern territories are void of IPC.

China is also bare because they were not worth much to japan, but have 4 IPC. They will build infantry like in AA50, except the 4 printed IPC can buy non-infantry types.

Japan has no reason to drive into China either. But of course they can for ‘fun’

The essential idea is to grab the various cities mostly located on historical battles and hold.  USA must play a balanced game to deny either axis player a victory. If they play one side and do nothing for the other, it may result in defeat.  USA will be much more interesting because it will be about 60-65 IPC. Soviets will be stronger too and will be buying many types of units. Also, the lend lease purchases for UK and Soviets must be non- infantry…. this will be great because the Soviets can buy more than infantry and have a vibrant and dynamic military force.

The bottom line is the numbers are really like AA50… UK lost some IPC to Russia and Japan lost some of its potential growth to Germany. The modeling for Japan has always created a bogus situation where Japan is always larger economically that Germany/ Italy and this is impossible. The starting and potential of these axis has been reconfigured to make more sence.

Russia is stronger as well as USA. UK has the ANZAC and Canadians to help them.

France will be pretty easy to take out, but not too easy.

• IL your final map (posted on May 15th)

Gives the following error when opened with ADOBE reader

“Insufficient data for an image”

• the link is now fixed. Make sure you got Adobe 9.3

@Imperious:

the link is now fixed. Make sure you got Adobe 9.3

I am still getting that error after update Adobe with the Final version.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@coachofmany:

@Imperious:

the link is now fixed. Make sure you got Adobe 9.3

I am still getting that error after update Adobe with the Final version.

As am I. I have 9.3.2.

@Imperious:

http://www.mediafire.com/?q3z4tyjjzn1

try this. I checked it and it works.

It Works!
    Nice map!
    Now how do you play?

IL,
    I really want to help with this project!
    What can I do?

• A couple things I don’t know if you added Polish roundels to the final copy but they be top notch. I don’t really like combined arms I just wish you would give Germany SS units. This would also replace the advanced mech infantry. But good over all.

• A couple things I don’t know if you added Polish roundels to the final copy but they be top notch. I don’t really like combined arms I just wish you would give Germany SS units. This would also replace the advanced mech infantry. But good over all.

No because Poland gets wiped out in the first turn and they don’t exist in the 1942 scenario.

The concept of combined arms was to represent the elite forces without having to invent a new unit.

The elite becomes a small group of two armor type units. I had originally thought about giving everybody a special elite army: Pattons 3rd army, The 8th Army, Kwangtung Army, etc and making emblems to go with them and give them special benefits.

Really needed some flavor, so it went to the most common land foes, SU and Germany. But they can only form up to 6 of these anyway.

• Cool map IL :-), do you have some kind of key to explain what the different color schemes and symbols mean though :?

• HUH?

the only thing different is the oil centers, which are in the rules

What is this color scheme you speak of?

The symbols are roundels for major and minor nations that are represented:

France
    ANZAC
    Canada
    Finland
    Romania
    Hungary
    Bulgaria

etc…

IL, is this the final version of the map , or are you taking critique for the map?

• It’s only final if the playtesting proofs it.

Comments are welcome as usual.

But i wont be adding any more roundels to it.

No , I was thinking that the roundels are kind if large. What size diameter are they when the map is 36x 72?

• .75 inch, the same size as OOB. The idea is you cover them when ownership changes, so all the tokens look the same in terms of size.

• suggestion:  more Sea Zones.  The Sea Zone on the China Coast is pretty large.

• what would you recommend I use for these new powers. I have AA 1942 AA pacific 1940 and risk

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m