Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• Customizer

@Gargantua:

Guys, RELAX

He’s in the middle of selling his house - etc.

Chill out.

Selling his house?

I agree with Lozmoid on this. We just want some information on the progress, good or bad. That’s what I liked when we were still doing Italy. Jeremy kept us informed every step of the way. Yeah, I know there were some jerk-wads that pissed and moaned every time there was a delay but I personally appreciated being kept in the loop and tried to support Jeremy and FMG as much as I could.
    Now that we are on Germany, things seem different to me. It’s like we have these long stretches with no info at all. His last post was very cryptic “Things ARE moving”. That’s not information, it’s just a vague statement.
    One of the things I really liked about being a part of this project was the continuous flow of information to us. Frankly, I don’t like the way this is being handle now.

• Yes, his house is up for sale.  Took a lot of time and effort out of his days to get the thing ready to sell so that accounts for a huge part of the silence.

Then there’s FMGC2012 coming up in 4 short weeks with a lot of preparation going on for that.  Along with dealing with the development for The Conflict (ww1 game) and his regular full time job … things have been pretty damn hectic for him lately!

Oh yeah, and as Knp pointed out … the people who made things miserable for FMG during the Italy process.  I really wouldn’t want to keep giving information on a regular basis only to be whined at constantly for things out of my control.

Speaking of FMGC2012 … I have a feeling we may see the official release of German combat units then.  :)

• I agree with Rorschach.  The problem Jeremy kept running into when he gave us periodic updates on the Italian pieces went like this:

1. The factory would give Jeremy a new update or a new projection on the work they were doing.

2. Jeremy would pass this information along to us.

3. People would get excited about the new information.

4. The factory would then miss another deadline or run into an unexpected problem which invalidated the information they had initially given to Jeremy.

5. Jeremy would pass the bad news along to us.

6. People would get mad at Jeremy, or at least would be frustrated or disappointed.

Since Jeremy is dealing with the same factory for the production of the German pieces, I can certainly understand why Jeremy would be reluctant to pass along to us the information they give him, since last time it usually turned out to be wrong and Jeremy ended up unjustly receiving the flak for it.

• '10

I am very sorry for my silence.  It is true I am selling and buying a home - If any of you have done this before you know what I am going through.

I would like to say there is a “possibility” That COMBAT UNITS: GERMANY will be released at FMGC.

To be 100% open here is a cut-n-paste from my recent update from my Agent.  (We have now hired an Agent from HK to nagg these guys EVERYDAY for us… yeah it got that bad!)

_"Re: So was there any News?

News.
    Mould will be done in 2 weeks.

is going to visit the factory over Easter.

I gave #### 1 week to inject as many Germans as possible.
    Ship whatever he has.
    1 more week to finish the remaining sets to make 1,000
    2 more weeks to finish 1000 sets in black.

the conflict mould is almost complete, revisons done.
    Dice unknown at this time will advise ASAP"_

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

And you guys wonder why Larry under represents China in his games…

• TripleA '12

Thank you so much for that information, Jeremy. It is appreciated. Now I can go out and enjoy my weekend!  :wink:

• OMG THATS SOOO FUNNY GARGANTUA!!! ^_^…
    thanks jeremy.   unfortunately i will be away in hawaii for the FMGC2012…:(  yes UNFORTUNATELY!.
    but be sure to have a good time with out me okay?
    and thanks for the update!! :D

• @Gargantua:

And you guys wonder why Larry under represents China in his games…

Yes, one of China’s problems at the time of WWII is that it wasn’t yet heavily industrialized.  China has since become a major industrial power, but it sounds like the factory Jeremy is using is still stuck back in the 1940s.

• '10

Right now we are looking at a MARCH Release date.

I will update you as soon as I have all the details

• '12

March or April FMG? I hope its not March 2013 lol

• @FieldMarshalGames:

We’re already in April, so I assume this is a typo and that you mean MAY (in other words May 2012 rather than March 2013).

• @CWO:

@FieldMarshalGames:

We’re already in April, so I assume this is a typo and that you mean MAY (in other words May 2012 rather than March 2013).

Lol!  Yes, I’m positive he meant MAY 2012.  It’s definately not MARCH 2013.

• '10

@Rorschach:

@CWO:

@FieldMarshalGames:

Lol!  Yes, I’m positive he meant MAY 2012.  It’s definately not MARCH 2013.

Yes, sorry.  MAY…    I was so excited I messed it up.

Thanks

• This great news!

• I hate to ask but what about USA? I know you said you were going to another factory. It seemed you were pretty close on them with multiple sculpts done. Really looking forward to Germany and the next countries to come. Thanks for keeping in touch with us and letting us know the process it gives us something to look forward to.

• Customizer

Hey Jeremy,
    I noticed on the FMG site that you can select either Grey or Black German Combat Units, but at present you can not order either as they are listed as unavailable. I already have a pre-order in for the Grey German units and plan on ordering 5 sets of the Black German units as well.
    Will we be able to order the Black German Combat Units in time to ship with the Grey? Or will they not be ready by then and I will have to make a separate order?

• '10

@knp7765:

Hey Jeremy,
    I noticed on the FMG site that you can select either Grey or Black German Combat Units, but at present you can not order either as they are listed as unavailable. I already have a pre-order in for the Grey German units and plan on ordering 5 sets of the Black German units as well.
    Will we be able to order the Black German Combat Units in time to ship with the Grey? Or will they not be ready by then and I will have to make a separate order?

I am sorry but the BLACK units will be about one month after the GREY.

I have asked them to ship as soon as they are complete.

• Customizer

@FieldMarshalGames:

I am sorry but the BLACK units will be about one month after the GREY.

I have asked them to ship as soon as they are complete.

That’s cool. I can wait. Thanks for letting me know.

• '10

USA is stopped just short of the mould.  To be honest…  the GERMANY and DICE fiasco with this factory has set us back financialy.   We were unable or willing to send MORE money to this factory when these two projects were still outstanding.

I am very sure sales of GERMANY will solve the money issue, and the NEW factory will be able to complete USA in record time considering we already have all the sculpts.

• '12

@FieldMarshalGames:

USA is stopped just short of the mould.  To be honest…  the GERMANY and DICE fiasco with this factory has set us back financialy.   We were unable or willing to send MORE money to this factory when these two projects were still outstanding.

I am very sure sales of GERMANY will solve the money issue, and the NEW factory will be able to complete USA in record time considering we already have all the sculpts.

Nice.  Thanks for seeing all this through.  God Speed my friend!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m